New Mail*

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback about the New Mail. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change! If you agree with an idea that is posted, please vote on that idea vs re-posting the same idea.

If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our help site. This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues.

For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.

Tell us how we can improve your Yahoo New Mail experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review regularly and take them very seriously. Our Guidelines have more on how you can give great feedback.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. change the background colors

very useful nice for me.....

403rd ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Themes and Backgrounds  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. More themes and background choices please!

Theme design is ok, but could use more choices. Ability to adjust colours would be a plus.

342nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Themes and Backgrounds  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. a

a

1701st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Custom Photo Themes

Why don't you let us make our own themes?

1010th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Okay...so know I tried the selections of background. How do I get rid of it?!

You offered a selection of backgrounds. How do I get rid of it if I don't like it?!

1010th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Message area background

Also the message layout background is too bright. The old Classic version provides less message layout bright background. It would be nice to be able to just adjust that one area. Yes you can change the overall theme to a darker mode. But then it's all or none.

234th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Themes and Backgrounds  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Layout and download

Return to white background, black font. Also, mail loads too slowly. PDF attachments won't download!

1010th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Give us the option to have a plane background please

Give us the option to have a plane background.I really do not like the new layout and background.

1010th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. I love the holiday cards. I wish you had alternate cards with it. Could it come up as an option when I am composing instead of as a pop up?

I love the holiday cards. I wish you had alternate cards with it. Could it come up as an option when I am composing instead of as a pop up?

1701st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. The New Backgrounds and themes

I like the new backgrounds and they should bring out more of them!.

1701st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Colors are ******* the eyes, ask an expert about this!

Allow users to select colors and backgrounds and themes.
    Your default colors are terrible on the eyes (as an expert).

1010th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Advertisements on the right panel of inbox are very irritating. Please remove them. Can's see the complete mail also.

Advertisements on the right panel of inbox are very irritating. Please remove them. Can's see the complete mail also.

1010th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I keep loging in and it changes my color each time to something I dont want help !!!

I keep loging in and it changes my color each time to something I dont want help !!!

1010th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Theme colors

Use solid colors for the theme headers instead of multi-colored ones.

1010th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 1701st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 1010th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. The weak pastel color scheme is very ******* the eyes.

Contrast is the key to readability and navigation.... Washed out pastel schemes do nothing but made reading info more difficult......

403rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. I don't want a photo attached to my emails as me

i don't want to use a photo attached to my emails and i don't like the image that Yahoo assigned!!

342nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Bring back old cmd themed wallpaper.

Yeah. I'm not liking the new themes. I prefer the older themes more than the newer themes.

1701st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Please rotate the adverts more often, same old same old really becomes offending after days weeks and months!

Really now! Please just bring in fresh adverts, otherwise cease them completely until there are new ones!

1701st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base