New Mail*

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback about the New Mail. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change! If you agree with an idea that is posted, please vote on that idea vs re-posting the same idea.

If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our help site. This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues.

For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.

Tell us how we can improve your Yahoo New Mail experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review regularly and take them very seriously. Our Guidelines have more on how you can give great feedback.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 4th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  40 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. number next to spam

The numbers that used to tell us how many messages were in Spam and Trash, no longer appear. Bring them back. Better yet, keep the old version of yahoo mail. The new one is tedious and unfriendly.

9th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  44 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Spam

Please identify the number of messages in the Spam folder, like on the older platform. It's a pain to have to keep checking the Spam folder to see if there's anything in there.

101st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Filter

New change doesn't allow me to create a filter from inbox. I usually highlight the emails & create a filter to move them to a folder. This way future emails don't appear. When I check the emails it only gives me the option to move them.

60th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  9 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. spam

Typically spam folders show the number of messages in that folder, but the new system doesn't do that. I have to go into the folder to see if I need to clear it out. Perhaps go back to the past functionality where the number of emails in the folder are shown.

125th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. block email

add a block email list. this sucks

108th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 200th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Spacing between Folders and Views

Make spacing between folders and views responsive to the Small, Medium, and Large options already available for Inbox Spacing.

As it is now, can only see 3 folders without scrolling - and 0 folders if Hide and Less are not selected for Views.

132nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Organizing folders

What happened to the ability to reorganize my folders, moving subfolders from one place to another? Now I have to create a new folder and manually move all the emails, then delete the old folder - this is somebody's idea of an upgrade???

42nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  8 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Folders

Move the stupid leave feedback box!! This is is front of the folders section that I use all the time and is so annoying!!

The folders that show up under the "view" area are in the way. You hide the view area only to have it come right back in the expanded version and have to hide it again. Fix it please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

148th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. sent mail not in Sent Mail folder!!!

I send emails and expect them to immediatly show up in the Sent Mail folder. When they do not, I am unsure whether important messages have been sent.

175th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. How do I get into my folders

How can I get into my folders????? Please

169th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. What has happened ????????????? Went to use Emails from 2017 , and find , that System has cleared off Emails back down to 2013 !!!!!

Went in today to check an Email from Last Year 2017 , not that long ago !!!
    Only to find that they System, NOT me , has cleared most Emails out of Files back down to 2012 !!!

Is this ADVANCEMENT on the NEW Yahoo Release ?

Now, where have those Emails Gone ? I have NOT deleted them !!!!!

254th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Folders

The speed is terrible, there is no, new folder option, the whole format is ugly!

169th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. search spam

Good emails sometimes are put in the SPAM folder. To find them we need to be able to SEARCH the SPAM folder.

59th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Prompt me for a folder name when sending a message

Now that Sent is properly a view instead of a folder, prompt me for a folder name when sending an email.

Then I can find all email related to one thread in a single folder instead of having to check the folder and the Sent view.

Make the prompt optional in Settings, of course.

169th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Views and Folders

I hate that you can't permanently hide "views". I don't need any of that ****, & it bumps my personal folders that I *DO* use out of sight.

53rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  8 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. I had a subfolder of Sent Messages which was a folder of all the most important sent messages and it has disappeared. BRING

We all have our own way of keeping special messages available for reference but you have deleted that file that I keep for reference. Please bring it back. I am lost!!

1010th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Create Folders and move mail in folders

I have got problems with my folders, one dispear like that, impossible to find it back. It is also impossible to create a subfolder anymore, why, it was possible with the previous version of Yahoo. If you want to move a mail to a folder using the move icon,
    there are not all the folders I created. Thank you, if it is possible, to do somethin to ameliorate...

499th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. feedback button in the way of creating a new folder

Put feedback button somewhere else - blocking my adding a new folder. Grrh

403rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)