New Mail*

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback about the New Mail. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change! If you agree with an idea that is posted, please vote on that idea vs re-posting the same idea.

If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our help site. This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues.

For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.

Tell us how we can improve your Yahoo New Mail experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review regularly and take them very seriously. Our Guidelines have more on how you can give great feedback.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 27th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Under review  ·  9 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Search function does not work correctly.

How can you improve New Mail - You could start by fixing this ****** feedback page, it's very poorly done. Also, the search function is ****. When I search All Mail I don't get results from All Mail (or we have differing ideas about what the word 'all' means...) I got no results from the Trash folder, so clearly not All Mail was searched. I got results from the Trash folder only if I specifically searched the Trash folder. So I would recommend changing the category to All Folders, and then make it work. Just a thought.

65th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 98th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. First day using the new mail and none of my e-mail messages load!

My idea is that you allow users to default back to the old system, which works.

30th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  9 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Text is hard to read

How I wish I could screenshot my complaint. The inbox text is not sharp enough to be read.

75th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. fix

bolder darker print option. some people need this!

85th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. The first message in my listing is hidden.

I have to open the second e-mail and use the navigation arrow to go to the previous message. When I first open the e-mail page, I can briefly see the NEW message at the top. But it disappears before I can click on it.

108th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. why can't I past a picture in my e-mail message anymore?

why can't I past a picture in my e-mail message anymore?

140th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. the contrast on the mail page is so dim i can't read the page. please fix it or give me back my old format.

the contrast on the mail page is so dim i can't read the page. please fix it or give

70th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. search by sender doesn't show most recent email

When I search by sender (using the magnifying glass icon that shows when i hover over sender) the results do not include the most recent email from that sender. When I select the global Checkbox in the titles area it will count that it has selected all the emails even though it's not showing them. E.g. six emails are visible, but selecting the master Checkbox indicated seven are selected.

65th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 75th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Doesn't work. Doesn't show most recent message.

Doesn't work. Doesn't show most recent message.

44th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  14 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Font is so faint I cannot read it!

I would like to be able to read the list of messages without straining my eyes. At least allow me to set it in bold print!!!!!!!!!!!!!

103rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 103rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 108th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I cant open attached files recieved.

I cant download the attachments received to open or edit only preview.

163rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 300th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. When I compose an email the system creates multiple drafts which stay after the email is sent

When I compose an email the system creates multiple drafts which stay after the email is sent.

142nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Drafts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Terrible update!! can't delete. old messages gone. on and on.

Go back to the old one that actually worked!

169th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. I don't like this version of Yahoo mail; pale gray color of text hard to read for those eyeglass users or older people.

Use a darker "ink" color for texts so people with decreased vision can read without strain. No biggy!

213th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base