New Mail*

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback about the New Mail. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change! If you agree with an idea that is posted, please vote on that idea vs re-posting the same idea.

If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our help site. This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues.

For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.

Tell us how we can improve your Yahoo New Mail experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review regularly and take them very seriously. Our Guidelines have more on how you can give great feedback.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I lost all my customized email filters coming to the new version. And had to redo all of them all.

Move the user's customized settings from Classic to New version. I lost all my previously setup email address filter to what folders during the switch.

499th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Message area background

Also the message layout background is too bright. The old Classic version provides less message layout bright background. It would be nice to be able to just adjust that one area. Yes you can change the overall theme to a darker mode. But then it's all or none.

234th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Themes and Backgrounds  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 499th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 1010th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. The emoticons/emojis SUCK. Bring back the old ones!!!!

Many of the new emoticons/emojis are the same ones as GMail uses, and they SUCK in both email locations. Bring back the old ones!!

103rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Themes and Backgrounds  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 254th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Get rid of the little box that pops up telling you what you just did. "You just deleted 10 files" , yeah, I know I just deleted ten files...

Get rid of the little box that pops up telling you what you just did. "You just deleted 10 files" , yeah, I know I just deleted ten files...I don't need to be told by a box that comes uo and just sits there so I have to close it, what a pain in the azz. At least give an option the not have it pop up. The old version was fine there was no need to force upgrade on everyone.

39th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Where are smart views? This was a handy way to clear out unwanted emails.

Bring back smart views. This was a handy way to clear out unwanted emails.

175th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. contrast

The biggest problems I'm having with the new mail is the contrast. It is very poor. Before it was so easy to see which email had been looked at and which one had not.

This problem carries on into the emails themselves. When looking at a list in an email, I could pick one choice and click on it and easily tell which link had last been clicked. Can no longer tell with the new mail. There is no highlighting over the last link clicked.

Finally, the email message all seems squished together without enough separation between lines.

For these…

200th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Where is the attachments icon on mail?

What happened to the attachments icon on inbox mail? I used to be able to easily delete memory-hogging email by ID'ing those first.

1010th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. It's all too much one color.

Feedback - It's all too much one color.

54th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  Themes and Backgrounds  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. What the heck with the drafts? I can't tell if a draft sent and there are multiple drafts and I didn't save them as drafts. This is annoying

I send an email and it says it's a draft? Then there's 12 drafts and I can't tell if it sent or not and there's no way to SEND A DRAFT and I need to send this cockadoodie email! Come on! This is CRAZY.

19th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  12 comments  ·  Conversations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 682nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. We need more themes, please

Colors are good. Pictures are better.
    Just a thought. No pressure.

87th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Themes and Backgrounds  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Font is so faint I cannot read it!

I would like to be able to read the list of messages without straining my eyes. At least allow me to set it in bold print!!!!!!!!!!!!!

103rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. New Mail broken in Edge browser

Cannot delete mail either by check-box in Inbox or by the trash icon above the message. Cannot revert to previous version because the settings icon (gear wheel) is non-responsive (ie. no menu appears). I can navigate from a message back to the Inbox folder index.

1010th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. HOW DO I GET BACK TO MY "OLD" EMAIL. YOUR LIGHT BLUE ON WHITE IS IMPOSSIBLE TO READ!!!!!!

HOW DO I GET BACK TO MY OLD VERSION OF EMAIL? IT WAS SO MUCH BETTER THAN WHAT YOU FORCED ON ME, WITHOUT MY PERMISSION TO CHANGE!!!!

29th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  13 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Provide ability to modify display of items in the left Nav Bar (e.g. "Views")

1) The "Views" section in the left navigation bar is not very useful. Unfortunately, my folders - which I use ALL the time - are bumped to the bottom of the navigation bar and I have to scroll each time I want to look at a folder. Even if I "hide" the Views section to limit the impact, it reopens every time I come back to the main screen.

2) The navigation at the top left - Starred, Archive, etc - there should be a way to only show the ones you want. I won't ever use Starred or Archive…

200th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Regulate your Ad Bandwidth - Allow display environments that optimize certain functions

Forcing everyone to use the same interface is a bit lame in 2017. Forcing everyone to try a beta is ridiculous. Provide a display environment that can be selected, like websites use full function themes. I would suggest 1) Hotkey friendly, Rapid Refresh and Visual Comfort Styles should be choices in any theme or themes themselves 2) Basic Message Viewer and Response with rules/folders 3) Social Concierge for people who like a full force online experience.
    Having the choice for silent/still ads would be useful for a major portion of the population that are agitated by them. Your beta hangs…

499th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. It's just impossible to get rid of old attached photos once you've trashed the email it was attached to ! That's amazing !!!

Impossible to get rid of attached pictures even if the emails are long gone ! SHAME

403rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base