New Mail*

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback about the New Mail. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change! If you agree with an idea that is posted, please vote on that idea vs re-posting the same idea.

If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our help site. This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues.

For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.

Tell us how we can improve your Yahoo New Mail experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review regularly and take them very seriously. Our Guidelines have more on how you can give great feedback.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. View raw message data in spam without having to open the message. How perfectly STUPID of you to remove this function.

Every time you make an "upgrade", something happens to make this functionality harder to find/use. Now you have made it so that you can't see the sender's actual address unless the email is opened first. How nice of you to ensure that I either get more spam by being unable to block domains sending it, or by making it so that I have sent them the message that their spam was opened before I can block them.
    Why can't you just leave the stuff that actually works ALONE?
    After using yahoo for over 21 years, I think that my usage…

41st ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  7 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. the contrast on the mail page is so dim i can't read the page. please fix it or give me back my old format.

the contrast on the mail page is so dim i can't read the page. please fix it or give

70th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Message text rendering poorly

The text for messages' subjects and previews seems to be image-based, instead of actual text. (Not vector-rendered) It therefore looks unpleasant and blurry-edged at high resolution. Possible solutions could be reverting to displaying message subjects/previews in plain text. (or some other vector-rendered solution)

234th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 4th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  40 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. search by sender doesn't show most recent email

When I search by sender (using the magnifying glass icon that shows when i hover over sender) the results do not include the most recent email from that sender. When I select the global Checkbox in the titles area it will count that it has selected all the emails even though it's not showing them. E.g. six emails are visible, but selecting the master Checkbox indicated seven are selected.

65th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. I delete files and the pop up back in the imbox

I delete files and the pop up back in the imbox

151st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. mail will not load

mail will not load.

7th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  54 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 6th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  20 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Filter for Sent messages

I would like to be able to create a filter to keep certain messages from my Sent folder. So far I have not been able to figure out how to do this.

179th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Can't delete just one email from a conversation--the whole conversation gets deleted

It's not possible to delete just one email from a conversation: every time I try to do that, the entire conversation is deleted. Fix it please.

38th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. show status of uploads and downloads

show status of uploads and downloads

101st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Allow a filter to be added right from an email.

A function to add a filter right from an email was once available. But now you idiots took it away or hid it so well I can't find it. Now I have to add a filter completely typing in everything. What genius thought that would be a good idea? You guys must be overpaid and feel you have to come up with changes even if they're stupid.

91st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. skins

the new look is clean but I miss the skins you could use with the old version....I liked the dark one....easy on the eyes

179th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. make column search in mail (perhaps its in the pay version I D K

when I use AOL (also an Oath brand its really much easier to just hit the column header and sort). One click, instead i need to hit a drop down, scroll and select. 3 steps

200th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. show the sent mail arrow.. I do not have time to look in sent mail to make sure email was responded to

use the small check next to the email that a response was sent to.. It flashes just for a second when a response is sent. Then vanishes....

18th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Cannot create new folders while searching for folders

Ability to create folder while searching for folder (if folder doesn't exist)

115th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Why can't I insert photos from other emails like I used to? Terrible 'upgrade'

Why can't I insert photos from other emails like I used to??

21st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  7 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. show the reply icon next to the email I just replied to

Must show the reply icon next to the email I just replied to - why is it showing only for some emails I replied to and not for all?

31st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  8 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. View

I don't like that the items on my yahoo.mail homepage are all blurry. When I click on a piece of mail, the particular item is clear and in focus. But it's annoying that the main page items are blurry.

69th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Search results should show folder name

When I use 'search' the results no longer show which folder the emails are in. This is very annoying when I want to check that all emails on a particular subject have been moved from the Inbox to the correct folder. Also it helps me to check whether I have lost an email into the incorrect folder. All this was possible with the old yahoo emails.

56th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base