New Mail*

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback about the New Mail. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change! If you agree with an idea that is posted, please vote on that idea vs re-posting the same idea.

If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our help site. This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues.

For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.

Tell us how we can improve your Yahoo New Mail experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review regularly and take them very seriously. Our Guidelines have more on how you can give great feedback.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 1010th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. rule based sorting

I would like to automatically move messages from my inbox to a specified folder after 45 days.

1010th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 1010th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 1010th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Rien ne marche putain ......

Rien ne marche putain ....

1010th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. stop changing layout, allow us to keep old layout or customize it. there is no reason to confuse me by changing things I am comfortable with

Stop changing things for us and allow us to keep or customize the layout. It is very unnerving to have to get used to something I don't want when I was happy with what I was working with before.

1010th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 1010th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Closing tabs deafult moves me to wrong inbox

Small critique: When I close tabs on my desktop (Mozilla, Windows 10), the interface automatically switches me to the original email Inbox, my Yahoo address. Note: I have multiple email addresses on the left -hand side of the interface. I would rather that my interface just stay in the Inbox for the email that I've chosen, rather than making a change.

This is a problem because switching between inboxes seems to be much slower than usual. Also, when I have multiple tabs open (multiple emails open at once, in tabs), it slows down my browser considerably. Other applications run just…

1010th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. "Search function" is not working

Hello. Search function does not appear to be working. Problem has been in place all week. I type in a keyword and click search -- the main page goes blank, as if it is about to display the results, but the blue wheel just keeps spinning and never stops. The results never display. Feb 7, 2018 (2:30pm) Thanks very much.

1010th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. calendar

WTF!!!!!!!! I shared a calendar with my family. They click on the link. It takes them to the calendar. They go to the user name and click on it. It takes THEM TO ALL MY LINKED MAILBOXES INBOX!!!!!!!!!!!!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!!! THEY CAN SEE ALL MY MAIL!!!!! HOW DOES THIS GET OUT THE DOOR. I HAVE BEEN A YAHOO MAIL USER FOR OVER 25 YEARS. I'VE HAD ENOUGH OF THIS ****. SO HOW DO I FIX THIS???? HOW DO I MAKE MY MAILBOX PRIVATE NOW THAT THE LINK IS OUT THERE???

1010th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. By eliminating all the adds in our mail. Advertisement is not consented by the user, therefore it is an invasion of privacy.

Please improve the way to get rid of all the unwanted or non opened mails. I have thousands of mails that I cannot eliminate quickly...that is a burden for you and for me!

1010th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Yeuk!

Noooo! Give me back the old one!

1010th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. es muy ancho el espacio del buzón no permite ver los mail abiertos

reducir el ancho de la parte izquierda, el resto OK.

1010th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. So why cannot I have capital letters for a folder name/ I think Jesus Christ for instance warrants them

So why cannot I have capital letters for a folder name/ I think Jesus Christ for instance warrants them

1010th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. The new Yahoo email has more spam mail going to my inbox AND more good email going to spam.

The new Yahoo email has more spam mail going to my inbox AND more good email going to spam.

1010th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Forwarded messages go to original email sender when responding after forwarding

When you forward a message and then reply to the original message, it looks like your forwarded message is being sent to the original email composer. This pretty much defeats the purpose of forwarding a message. I'm not sure if it is actually being sent but either way it is frightening that it appears that way. Please fix ASAP.

1010th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Loss of functions from old email window format.

Need to be able to open attachments on email drafts for proof reading.
    Need to be able to track currently opened emails and search results with tabs across the top of the email window.

1010th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Where's my address book

II cannot access my contact list on my macbook pro. Not even clicking on to:. Please help. this is not good. 

1010th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. how can we unchain chained mails? i received a mail, i forwarded it, and i wanted to delete only the

how can we unchain chained mails? i received a mail, i forwarded it, and i wanted to delete only the forwarded mail, but the original mail was chained to it automatically... so I can only delete all the mails chained or keep all the mails chained, and not only keep the original mail
    please improve your mail service so we can only delete the forwarded mails, and DO NOT chain mails automatically when forwarded, this is not an improvement but a pain in the A$$

682nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Conversations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. This new mail hilights text when I don't. It's automatic and once it does it one time, it does it for every piece of mail clicked on. Fix!!

Make the system work as well as the old one! Hilighting text when I don't do it is ridiculous. Give me back the old Yahoo!

1010th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base