New Mail*

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback about the New Mail. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change! If you agree with an idea that is posted, please vote on that idea vs re-posting the same idea.

If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our help site. This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues.

For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.

Tell us how we can improve your Yahoo New Mail experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review regularly and take them very seriously. Our Guidelines have more on how you can give great feedback.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Message area goes blank while reading email

While reading an email, the message area goes blank and just displays a large envelope instead. This keeps happening and I have to go click on another email and then return to the one I was reading to see it again.

142nd ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 300th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. cursor goes back to start when typing

when typing a new email or replying to a existing one the cursor resets to the start point at random intervals

this is extremely annoying and a sign of software that has not been tested properly

28th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  16 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Attachment won't download. This is horrible. Bring back original mail. I can't switch back.

Attachment won't download. This is horrible. Bring back the old Yahoo Mail.

20th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  24 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Impossible to download attached piece to email.

Impossible to download attached piece to email.

75th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Deleting more than 50 emails is a nightmare!

Deleting more than 50 emails is a nightmare! It will not load more than 50 at a time. It just keeps spinning and spinning.

15th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  18 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. can't download the attachment.........really????

should be top of the list......

50th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Disappearing top emails

Please fix the vanishing, invisible, and mis-directed email issues mentioned below! If you can't fix this, please give us the option of getting the old email version back. This one is full of bugs and I am losing messages. Since this is a technical issue way beyond my expertise I don't have a suggestion except FIX IT. Otherwise I'll have to switch to gmail.

49th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. The first message in my listing is hidden.

I have to open the second e-mail and use the navigation arrow to go to the previous message. When I first open the e-mail page, I can briefly see the NEW message at the top. But it disappears before I can click on it.

108th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Can't Preview Attachments

I've seen many posts for this, but Yahoo doesn't seem to be doing anything to correct the problem. In the new mail, attachments aren't being previewed correctly. It either doesn't preview at all, or it shows a partial preview. This works great with the old email and it's why I will keep switching back until Yahoo can fix this.

57th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 98th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Long folder names do not appear when hovering during a move message

Full folder names cannot be seen on the left panel. Yahoo!'s solution was to have the names appear when hovering over them. However, if an item is being "dragged and dropped" to a folder, you cannot see the full folder name.

Either the folder panel needs to be adjustable, or the feature that shows the folder name while hovering over it needs work during a drag and drop action.

75th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. why can't I past a picture in my e-mail message anymore?

why can't I past a picture in my e-mail message anymore?

140th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Compose  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. fix

bolder darker print option. some people need this!

85th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Text is hard to read

How I wish I could screenshot my complaint. The inbox text is not sharp enough to be read.

75th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I cant open attached files recieved.

I cant download the attachments received to open or edit only preview.

163rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. I don't like this version of Yahoo mail; pale gray color of text hard to read for those eyeglass users or older people.

Use a darker "ink" color for texts so people with decreased vision can read without strain. No biggy!

213th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Search function does not work correctly.

How can you improve New Mail - You could start by fixing this ****** feedback page, it's very poorly done. Also, the search function is ****. When I search All Mail I don't get results from All Mail (or we have differing ideas about what the word 'all' means...) I got no results from the Trash folder, so clearly not All Mail was searched. I got results from the Trash folder only if I specifically searched the Trash folder. So I would recommend changing the category to All Folders, and then make it work. Just a thought.

65th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Glitches, composing emails it difficult because the program keeps glitching and jumping back up to the top of the page!

Glitches, composing emails it difficult because the program keeps glitching and jumping back up to the top of the page while I am writing! It makes writing and editing nearly impossible. I don't use my email much anymore because it's a mess, I would like the old classic program back if you can't get this one to work right soon. It's been like this ever sense I up graded to the new program version.

63rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 254th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base