New Mail*

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback about the New Mail. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change! If you agree with an idea that is posted, please vote on that idea vs re-posting the same idea.

If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our help site. This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues.

For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.

Tell us how we can improve your Yahoo New Mail experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review regularly and take them very seriously. Our Guidelines have more on how you can give great feedback.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. delete

The problem is that the delete boxes are rather small, and if you miss clicking the box, the message you are trying to delete opens up. when you go back to the inbox from the opened message, all of your previously clicked and waiting to be deleted emails are no longer selected.

Short of it is that it would be better to not have the area around the action box open the email if the box is missed while trying to select it.

Thanks!

22nd ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gathering feedback  ·  12 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 94th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Slowness

I have no idea how to speed up getting from reading an email back to the inbox list. Why does it take so long? My husband has gmail and has absolutely no problem.

136th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. views folder

Since you guys pushed the new format upon us I absolutely hate the fact that you created a whole new views folder. Which is always unfolded and I can't move it below my own personal folders. I want to be able to disable this feature permanent or if that isn't possible the option to move this one below my own personal folders. Because in my own personal folders I get mail delivered and the views folder is just a waste of space and time for me.

155th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. I don't like the way my page manages the way it is now. Doesn't work for me.. please turn it back the way it was..

I don't like the way my page manages the way it is now. Doesn't work for me.. please turn it back the way it was..

1013th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. SEARCH FEATURE DOESN'T EVER WORK

SEARCH FEATURE in existing email NEVER WORKS. This is an essential function. You need to fix it instead of responding with the same old tired "An error occurred/retry" message. I have tried all the fixes recommended in the usual forums. Nothing works.

194th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 683rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Beaucoup trop long pour ouvrir chaque mail et la pièce jointe c'est encore pire

beaucoup trop long pour ouvrir chaque mail et les pièces jointes encore pire, qu'elle perte de temps

254th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. français

je suis française, je ne comprends pas l'anglais, pourtant j'ai coché la bonne case
    je trouve ce message à chaque vois que je veux envoyer un mail
    veuillez rectifier

499th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Right Click functionality

Wish there was right click functionality, like Mark Unread. Annoying to have to move up to a menu to do this.

64th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. The first message in my listing is hidden.

I have to open the second e-mail and use the navigation arrow to go to the previous message. When I first open the e-mail page, I can briefly see the NEW message at the top. But it disappears before I can click on it.

108th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. The confirmation pop up box blocks information that I require

The confirmation pop up box that indicates that the message I just sent was actually sent blocks information that I require. This pop up box communication doesn't give me any more confidence that the most basic function I expect from an email server actually occurred when it pop up instantly when I hit the send button. Think about it, when I hit the send button I assume the message was sent, I don't need a simultaneous communication confirming something I just did. What is valuable and very much appreciated is clear, visible, and very apparent communication when I messaged wasn't…

1702nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I'm visiting Mexico. Who told you to translate my page to spanish? I'm visiting!!! I don't speak spanish!

Give us a link to translate each page to another language. I'm visiting Mexico. Not living and speaking the language. You changed my page to Spanish as I was reading. I can't read it nor translate it! Do you really want us to go to Gmail instead of you?

683rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 683rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. email

Do what EVERYONE is TELLING you to do. Cut the **** and put out a quality product!!!!

1702nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. the mail have to many ads and start up slow . really like the old email

make it more easy to use and fast loading up and fewer ads, please

1702nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)