New Mail*

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback about the New Mail. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change! If you agree with an idea that is posted, please vote on that idea vs re-posting the same idea.

If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our help site. This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues.

For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.

Tell us how we can improve your Yahoo New Mail experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review regularly and take them very seriously. Our Guidelines have more on how you can give great feedback.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. nice.

nice easy nice

1010th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. STOP changing things!!!! The black background is HORRIBLE almost as bad as the pasty white u had a month ago. Also, running up the # of emai

STOP changing things!!!! The black background is HORRIBLE almost as bad as the pasty white u had a month ago. Also, running up the # of emai

1010th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Mail won't load

My mail won't load anymore since it updated without me wanting it to! This is ridiculous!

1010th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Inutile

Pour commencer, j'aimerais que vous vous exprimiez en FRANÇAIS qui est ma langue maternelle. Ensuite, je n'apprécie pas du tout que l'on me force, par un moyen détourné en plus, à adopter une version qui comporte de prétendues nouveautés dont je n'ai que foutre.
    Si rétrécir mon écran est une innovation, vous devriez changer de métier et retourner à l'école pour perfectionner la compréhension de votre langue maternelle.
    Bien entendu, je ne vous salue pas.

1701st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Contact list?? Where is it???

What have you done to my contacts list? I can'f find it. Stop changing things that don't need to be changed

1701st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. i find it ******** you automatically delete our trash folder. make this an OPTION not an AUTO generated ******** system.

i find it ******** you automatically delete our trash folder after a certain amount of time. make this an OPTION not some AUTO generated ********. PERFECT EXAMPLE: i deleted an order email since i received the order, tried to circle back since i returned the item..still haven't received my refund, and now since the email was deleted i cant even circle back to find my order number. you guys ******* suck lately. WHERE ARE MY EMAILS

1701st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Videos in Mail

How about giving users the option of turning off the videos when the mail box is empty. For me, the videos are only a waste of time.

1701st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Stop trying to force users to try the "new" Yahoo!

Stop trying to force users to try the "new" Yahoo! Speaking as one who has tried it only to go back to using the classic style, I think it is wrong to continually try to enforce change where change is not wanted or welcome.

35th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Give me my old yahoo email back. I HATE this new stuff

Give me my old yahoo email back. I HATE this new stuff

45th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Most Settings Options Missing

Most of the settings options under the settings (gear) icon after upgrading to the new inbox are missing. The only options I get are for changing the theme, message layout and inbox spacing. None of the other settings I used to have with the old inbox are there. I couldn't find anything in the Community Help and I can't revert back to my old inbox.

45th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  7 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. I HATE the "New & Improved" Mail !!!! Stop trying to change everything !! Stop trying to "guess" what I want !! I WANT THE OLD CLASSIC MAIL

I HATE the "New & Improved" Mail !!!! Stop trying to change everything !! Stop trying to "guess" what I want !! I WANT THE OLD CLASSIC MAIL

130th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. typing an email and about 4to 5 words in it jumps up a line sometimes in the middle

when typing an email on the 4 or 5 word it jumps to the line above, often in the middle of a word. I have checked to make sure I'm not hitting an incorrect key. This update has so many things wrong with it. Please use and test all changes before implementing them!!! Do not wait for us to tell you what to fix. I'm wondering if all your people use Gmail because I can't see them putting up with this.

32nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. i hate the new mail !!! i want the old version back now !!! please !!!

i hate the new mail !!! i want the old version back now !!! please !!!

80th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 87th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Make it easier to see contacts

Go back to the old way

82nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Spam

Please identify the number of messages in the Spam folder, like on the older platform. It's a pain to have to keep checking the Spam folder to see if there's anything in there.

101st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Go back to old one or give folks a choice new format sucks big time!

I think when you offer up these little 'horrors' you call innovations you should give folks the option of sticking with the old. This new format is as bad as lack of imagination can get. You have gotten it to the point where it is so sterile and awkward to maneuver I am seriously thinking of moving to g mail and I could never stand it!

74th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 118th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Deleting mail

Deleting mail is very slow and I often am told to "wait" because the page isn't responding. We should be able to bulk delete mail easily and efficiently.

62nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Filter

New change doesn't allow me to create a filter from inbox. I usually highlight the emails & create a filter to move them to a folder. This way future emails don't appear. When I check the emails it only gives me the option to move them.

60th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  9 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base