New Mail*

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback about the New Mail. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change! If you agree with an idea that is posted, please vote on that idea vs re-posting the same idea.

If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our help site. This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues.

For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.

Tell us how we can improve your Yahoo New Mail experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review regularly and take them very seriously. Our Guidelines have more on how you can give great feedback.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Instructions Please

Provide an email with instructions on how to access things now that are different (like list of contacts). I cannot figure out how to add a new contact or see my current list.

130th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Folders - organizing - moving them

What happened, i used to be able to organize my folders, move them in the right location,etc. Now that options is gone!.Not impressed at all!

113th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Stop trying to change things! Every time you do something "new" it's not necessarily better. I may have to switch back to classic AGAIN!!!

Filtering is not working! When I set up one manually it should go to the folder I have asked to have it sent to.

Views? What the heck happened to the other "subject" folders that would at least try to categorize emails??? i.e. Travel, Shopping, Finance, Social, People, etc. A LONG TIME ago, these would go to the OIB folders, but that hasn't happened accurately either. but those folders are still there. ALL are still listed, but not all emails sort into those folders!

Search function! I read an email from a relative today, and then it was gone. I…

254th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. This whole "New Mail" idea is a thorough bust!

This whole "New Mail" idea is a thorough bust! When are you going to realize this and return to what you had. PS: Fire the idiot that thought it up.

85th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 243rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Stop asking me for feedback, stop putting ads in my email...stop asking me to unsubscribe from email senders because it doesn't work!

Stop asking me for feedback, stop putting ads in my email...stop asking me to unsubscribe from email senders because it doesn't work!

254th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. The "New Mail" is terrible

The "new mail" is a nightmare. It takes forever to load, does not open emails and frequently fail to delete emails that have been marked. Let us go back to the "Old Mail", it is a lot better

140th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 142nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 200th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Just keep it simple!

If it works nicely on the worst machine in the entire world, it would be great! Now, it's a garbage!

89th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 161st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. can't download the attachment.........really????

should be top of the list......

50th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. views folder

Since you guys pushed the new format upon us I absolutely hate the fact that you created a whole new views folder. Which is always unfolded and I can't move it below my own personal folders. I want to be able to disable this feature permanent or if that isn't possible the option to move this one below my own personal folders. Because in my own personal folders I get mail delivered and the views folder is just a waste of space and time for me.

155th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Navigation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 184th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Spacing between Folders and Views

Make spacing between folders and views responsive to the Small, Medium, and Large options already available for Inbox Spacing.

As it is now, can only see 3 folders without scrolling - and 0 folders if Hide and Less are not selected for Views.

132nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Spam issues

The spam filter used to do a good job of keeping spam out of my inbox...now, I am receiving 2-3 spam messages per day

194th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. "Message Deleted"

Why does the "Message Deleted" pop up appear directly over the toolbar and stay there when I'm trying to delete the next email? And why does it need to pop up every time I delete a message? Just delete it! I don't need a pop up telling me it's deleted!

37th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Organizing folders

What happened to the ability to reorganize my folders, moving subfolders from one place to another? Now I have to create a new folder and manually move all the emails, then delete the old folder - this is somebody's idea of an upgrade???

42nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  8 comments  ·  Folders  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. printing does not print the right side of the message. instead the right hand scroll bar prints and cuts off the right side of the message.

have the printout give the full message, not the scroll bar on the right hand side where it cuts off the right side of the message. Maybe the suggestion should be to have better testing done before the new version is released...

163rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Printing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 243rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base