New Mail Basic

Welcome to our Yahoo Basic Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Basic Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Basic Mail provides base functionality like reading and writing messages, but does not include many of the advanced options. To use these features, we recommend upgrading to full-featured version of Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

1. You don't; switch it back and quit trying to fix what isn't broken!

You don't improve something that's unwanted; you take it back and implement what was never broken to begin with.

21st ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. New interface is AWFUL!! It doesn't provide information previously available. Folder email count now shows 999+ instead of actual number.BOO

New interface is AWFUL!! It doesn't provide information previously available. Folder email count now shows 999+ instead of actual number. BOO!!!

22nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 27th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. So now spam does't say how much might be in it until I open and look? WHY does every web developer SHOVE HORRIBLE UPGRADES onto people?

Nothing was wrong with the classic version. Nothing at all.
    But now? Spam folder doesn't show number of messages in it. I have to click and open it. WHY?

TOO **** MUCH UGLY PURPLE! Classic was much simpler.

And WHY NOW do I have to click go to old version EVERY TIME I OPEN EMAIL! Leave it the *** ALONE!

And I know now classic will go away for good. You already did that to one of my three accounts. At least I don't use that one often. But now your going to RUIN my daily email. I would love…

29th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Classic email allowed me to delete mail at the bottom of the page

the "new and Improved" mail deletes features that classic had....this New mail is a total coding fail no sure that anyone asked and or wanted the "features" the the new mail has

15th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. It's ugly and the select all does not work.

I click select all, it flashes complete on the left side but nothing is selected. It looks like a FisherPrice child version of email. Maybe it is a kid's toy and that why it is not functional.

31st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 25th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. I hate this new concept! I don't have my Smiley Faces, it's difficult to add reciepants. I want my old style back.

I hate this new concept! I don't have my Smiley Faces, it's difficult to add recipients. I want my old style back

28th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Bring back the fonts that were used in the old mail. The new ones are more difficult to read.

Bring back the fonts that were used in the old mail. The new ones are more difficult to read.

33rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. how to change back to old mail

how to change back to classic mail: drop down box top right of page - default says "Account Info". select last option "Go Back To Old Version". click "Go" and .... the new yahoo mail nightmare is over. Phew!!!

34th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. I want my Yahoo Basic Yahoo Mail Back it was fine the way it was

I want my Yahoo Basic Yahoo Mail Back it was fine the way it the new version is not for me too many advertisements, makes me dizzy every time I check my inbox. Basic mail it is! Thanks for understanding

35th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. PLEASE Get Rid of your New Yahoo system and Go back to what it was. Please Put my account - jamesmurphy1978@yahoo.com - back to Old style

PLEASE Get Rid of your New Yahoo system and Go back to what it was. Please Put my account - jamesmurphy1978@yahoo.com - back to Old style - When you changed - You lost All My Email Addresses - PLEASE i Need them back! - URGENT!

38th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. New Version not do it for me. Having to click next page rathert han slide down stinks.

Why don't you ask before you do. Designers thinks they know, you've screwed it up most times.

32nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Bring the classic yahoo mail back.

This Yahoo Pro is useless. Trying to use dictation software is futile.
    Bring the classic Yahoo mail back. It has more options and overall easier to navigate.

45th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. leave it the way it was... I can't even read this small print. it's horrible!!

leave it the way it was... I can't even read this small print. it's horrible!!

45th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. the new format email suck Don't mess my email

the new format email suck Don't mess my email

41st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Go back to the old version

Go back to the old version, at least in appearance. I can't stand the look of the new one. Just because you can change something doesn't mean you need to or have to. I told my kids that when they were very young, maybe you should have been in on that conversation.

40th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. i hate new version....i want the old version back

hate new version....i want the old version back

58th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. You can improve the new format by going back to the classic version. My email text is distorted and arbitrarily changed and links don't show

You can improve the new format by going back to the classic version. My email text is distorted and arbitrarily changed and links don't show

45th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. What the customer want? Would you dare to ask him, her FIRST ?

The old version was fine till today! It's working and with no bugs. Why you keep changing a thing that work juste fine! Bring back the older version right away please.

41st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

New Mail Basic

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base