New Mail Basic

Welcome to our Yahoo Basic Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Basic Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Basic Mail provides base functionality like reading and writing messages, but does not include many of the advanced options. To use these features, we recommend upgrading to full-featured version of Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

1. New drop-down is twice the time/clicks

The new drop-down is terrible, requiring two clicks to do something including a star! Before you could click Move, track down to desired selection and enter.

45th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Delete without any marked mail is a very BAD IDEA, Deletes ALL MAIL

I accidently hit delete without any buttons marked.
    And you only put a single note that it would delete ALL MAIL>

Nobody is paying attention.

YOU NEED to POST the "ALL MAILS? REALLY?!!" several times to prevent users from not realizing that it REALL deletes all mail.

171st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Please restore the Save Draft buttons, the

Please restore the Save Draft button.
    You have an OBSCURE 'saved' note at the bottom of a page, which takes an age to show up.
    Also the save notification, (since there is NO BUTTON), is faint, visible only if the Yahoo screen is full screen, which we never do to any web page.
    You have messed up Yahoo mail so so much that we dislike using it for any work.

171st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Bring back the drag and dop function

The drag and drop function for sorting emails to different mail boxes worked great but now I can't do it.

45th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Delete and block irrelevant mails

Hi there,
    Previously, it was easier to delete and block unwanted emails. but now since few months this option is no more available and its quite annoying to copy and add thousands of irrelevant emails in to block email id tab via setting option. Pls make it either as easy as it was in previous version or invent way more easy option to block unnecessary /irrelevant/unwanted emails

103rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Yahoo Mail is used by Basic Mail Only under SRWare Iron

I am using SRWare Iron version 74.0.3850.0 64-bit and I have noticed that Yahoo Mail (the Basic Version) works on this browser. SRWare Iron should be supported on the "New" version of Yahoo Mail. On top of that, I have submitted a letter that was on May 28, 2019 regarding this issue and this idea may fall deaf (may not be considered to be accepted) because: (1) the response to this issue/idea has a 98% chance of having someone that doesn't understand English very well to misinterpret this and (2) having a forum support doesn't hold up very well in…

39th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. text mode only Yahoo Mail

I work with a ssh (secure shell session).
    So I vi editor, emacs editor, lynx web browser and so on.
    Why not a Yahoo Mail interface for all that?
    It would be without the various add-ons and basic, without calls to javascript and such [Hurrah!!!

171st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Resently you AGAIN made changes to the Yahoo-mail-setup. SO MANY functions has been changed and deleted, and it is SO irritating.

Resently you AGAIN made changes to the Yahoo-mail-setup. SO MANY functions has been changed and deleted, and it is SO irritating. Now I can't use an existing email as an "answer all" mail, without getting the message from the old email at the bottom. IRRITATING!! I can't have many emails open at the same time at the top. Only 1 fane is open at a time. IRRITATING. Stop messing with the mail-setup. It is obvious, that you have NO IDEA, what you are doing. :( :( :(

57th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 171st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Since when are message replies not saved to the drafts folder automatically. Failure to save composed messages is a huge disappointment.

Messages need to be automatically saved to the draft folder every few seconds for heaven's sake. I always was on the original Yahoo, thanks this New Yahoo Mail Basic is a poor substitute. It will be a pain changing my primary email, but not nearly the pain this New Yahoo Mail Basic is to use and in this case since no draft is saved, to not use!

45th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. what the f**k is this sh*t now i cant delete ant emails. Give me my old inbox back of i go

what the f*k is this sht now i cant delete any emails. Give me my old inbox back or i go.
    If you have a kindle open your inbox and you can delete the emails,how stupid is that.GIVE ME BACK MY OLD INBOX

41st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. i am paying customer i want my standard look of yahoo email, i hate new look

i am paying customer i want my standard look of yahoo email, i hate new looki am paying customer i want my standard look of yahoo email, i hate new looki am paying customer i want my standard look of yahoo email, i hate new looki am paying customer i want my standard look of yahoo email, i hate new looki am paying customer i want my standard look of yahoo email, i hate new looki am paying customer i want my standard look of yahoo email, i hate new looki am paying customer i want my standard look of…

41st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I click Draft to save an email, an option Leave Page? shows up - I click yes because I want email to go to Draft page. My email disappears

I click Draft to save an email, an option Leave Page? shows up - I click yes because I want email to go to Draft page. My email disappears

41st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 395th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. where is deleted e-mails stored

how about a temporilarly folder for mistaken deleted e-mails

45th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Cannot seggergate contacts under different headings

In the contacts area I cannot seggregate the contacts under different headings.

Yahoo please provide that facility

The new contacts which I added on my yahoo contacts is not reflecting in yahoo mail app

Please rectify the mistake at the earliest

74th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Show more than 25 emails at a time.

Most people get more than 25 emails in a day. But if you want to look at your emails, you can only see 25 at a time. You can't see or get it to load more than 25 emails at a time?

Whose bright idea was this????!!!!????

74th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Text density in Mail

I would like to have the option to have the text compressed in my mail box when I have selected mails to move to a different folder. Also in the list of folders in my mail. It is all with lots of white space (a whole empty line??) between everything and it takes AGES to scroll through it! It can be done elsewhere, so let us do it here too. This goes for both the Classic as the New mail.

45th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. small changes

Every time you change the format, it takes precious time away from my work and personal projects. I would suggest IF you MUST change the look, do very small, minor changes at a time. I do not know if the big changes are due to necessary updating systems or because you are feeding into the current societal need for something new all the time. Please stop.

45th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Flawed wrap around and justification on word processing

Just want to point out there is a problem with the word processing aspects of the email program, specifically with justification of the margins and wrap around of the text onto the next line. Words as short as "be" or "an" are being broken up into 2 lines of text. The word "the" was broken into "t" on one line and "he" on the next line. The word "top" was broken into "to" on one line and "p" on the next. At first I thought this was due to adding new text into the middle of existing text, but it…

45th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

New Mail Basic

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base