New Mail Basic

Welcome to our Yahoo Basic Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Basic Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Basic Mail provides base functionality like reading and writing messages, but does not include many of the advanced options. To use these features, we recommend upgrading to full-featured version of Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

1. I do not agree this new Yahoo Mail. The old version is better.

Why was it necessary to change? To make what? Bring the old version back!

41st ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Leave it alone! Just like everyone else, I'm tired of this!

Knock it off! I see no-one thanking you, get a clue!

41st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. when i wanted to send an email all I had to do was type the first letter of a name and select from the drop down...It doesn't do that now

when i wanted to send an email all I had to do was type the first letter of a name and select from the drop down...It doesn't do that now

39th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Select all doesn't work, and I can't even manually select the top email, hold shift, and select the bottom email to select all

Select all doesn't work, and I can't even manually select the top email, hold shift, and select the bottom email to select all

53rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. you force me to you a new Yahoo mail and it doesn't work. What the **** is wrong with you guys. Give me the old version back that actually w

you force me to use a new Yahoo mail and it doesn't work. What the **** is wrong with you guys. Give me the old version back that actually works. Doesn't seem like Im the only one who thinks this. You guys get paid to **** **** up, top effort.

55th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. I HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE this new yahoo......GIVE ME BACK THE OLD

I HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE this new yahoo......GIVE ME BACK THE OLD

58th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. I wanted to switch back to the old version because it was easier to add filters/rules for my mails but that feature is all gone.

I wanted to switch back to the old version because it was easier to add filters/rules for my mails but that feature is all gone. You can't rightclick to add filters/rules so now both versions of Yahoo! mail are useless to me. Please bring back the rightclick to add filters and let us use split screen to read mails.

55th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 45th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Let me go back to the mail I've been comfortable with

Seems to be a liberal takeover. Do as we say and if you don't like the change , too bad.

45th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. The new mail is terrible, the layout is not intuitive like the old one and we have lost the formatting tools and emoticons.

The new mail is terrible, the layout looks amateurish, is not intuitive like the old one and we have lost the formatting tools and emoticons. Please put the trendy new designer back in his box and restore our Classic email.

65th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 51st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Turn back the old version of Yahoo basic! When anyone want to the yuck new upgraded version - then go and switch to the new version!

Please dont ***** the old version of mail for the people who want the functionality, design and geniusnes of the good old version!!!

60th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. when i wanted to send an email all I had to do was type the first letter of a name and select from the drop down...It doesn't do that now

when i wanted to send an email all I had to do was type the first letter of a name and select from the drop down...It doesn't do that now

51st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. the spam folder does not warn me when I receive mail.

Surely this must be a bug ? My old yahoo mail I could see if I received any spam, it would tell me how many without having to open the folder.

Every week I receive important mail that ends up in the spam folder and now I dont know how many I receive. Fix asap.

60th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Your new e mail sucks. I don't recall telling you I wanted to change it. Put it back to my original e mail. The one that worked.

Your new e mail sucks. I don't recall telling you I wanted to change it. Put it back to my original e mail. The one that worked. Why does everyone want to change what works for something that never works f ing up my entire morning and screwing up my work day. It worked fine, so don't f with it cause people always make it worse when they f with it and change stuff. Almost making it worthless now.l

60th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. It sucks. Give me back my old Yahoo!

Same as others posted. Does not work. Please stop changing things around. It's always a mess that I hate, and never asked for.

55th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. I do not like the new version as it doesn't allow a preview of an email. I would like to revert to the old version

I do not like the new version as it doesn't allow a preview of an email. I would like to revert to the old version

65th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Stop changing! You have achieved nothing but upsetting customers. Awful design

Stop changing! You have achieved nothing but upsetting customers. Awful design and you constant auto playing of news clips has given me to leave. GMX offers free email service with no adverts, switching out my account.

65th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Font sizes and Icons

How do you change the font sizes and where are all the icons like the email we had before....Please get rid of this new mail and let us go back to the old one

91st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Correo clasico anterior

Deseo como usuario que se respete mi libertad, mis gustos y preferencias. Que al cambiar a la versión anterior del correo clasico quede como predeterminada y que si es mi voluntad elijir la nueva versión, pueda hacerlo. Pero obligarme a usar una versión no elegida vulnera mi libertad de elección. Gracias

76th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

New Mail Basic

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base