Skip to content

New Mail Basic

Welcome to our Yahoo Basic Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Basic Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Basic Mail provides base functionality like reading and writing messages, but does not include many of the advanced options. To use these features, we recommend upgrading to full-featured version of Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

259 results found

1. Did the 2 step verification transfer along with the frontier account transfers?

My account was hacked with the O365 encrypted scam today and when I went to check on my account/ password, my two step was not activated as I had it before the transfer...

191st ranked

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. There was a problem!The content of this email can not be sent. WHY???

This has happened many times but NEVER with any reason. Addresses are correct. I even tried shortening the body copy in case that was too long. I TRIED help which is totally BEYOND USELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    So I see "leave feedback" only THIS IS NOT FEEDBACK IS IT? And I see this SAME issue over and over again. YAHOO GET SOME ******** SUPPORT ON HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HUMAN SUPPORT TOO, NOT SOME IDIOTIC BRAINLESS AUTOBOT.

PS.... I AM signed in. WHY do I have to sign in AGAIN just to post here?

191st ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Increase the number of messages on a page to 50

I get a lot of messages in a day so I like to sort them by sender to see what I want to read first.

89th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Auto Refresh Inbox

When a new message comes in you put a notification on the inbox page. Why not dispense with the notification and just auto refresh the page either when something comes in or on a regular schedule such as every five minutes.

89th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. CHANGE BACK

Please go back to original, I have to go and check now all the time to see if I have mail where before I used to see it on the top bar, I am missing important doctor appointment scheduling where I can get an appointment earlier but by the time I check the time has been taken thanks to this new stupid setup!

22nd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Why i can not connect to yahoo mail using yahoomail app on samsung android?

Why i can not connect to yahoo mail using yahoomail app on samsung android?

131st ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. allow sender name change

cant change my email sender name for the life of me. why?

191st ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Back to old Inbox

I opened my account and now my old emails are disappeared very bad service on the part of Yahoo, how my mails can disappear without my permission? they were very important. I need all my emails back in my inbox do the need full it's urgent

12th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Editing Contacts in Yahoo is the Worst Email experience I have ever had.

I have been unable to CORRECTLY update my email contact list. I created ONE test email contact and now it appears in my contact list no less than 20 times. I uploaded a CVS contact list and now I cannot edit ANY of the contacts I uploaded nor can I add them to a contact list - which was the ENTIRE goal - to add them to a newly created contact list. I added photos for the uploaded contacts and the images don't stay. I switched back to the old mail to see if that helped and it did not.…

89th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. STOP ENABLING SCAMMERS.

I've been on the Internet for over 27 years and it's disgusting that a big company like Yahoo refuses to support the HONEST people who use it, like the people at Eudora did, several years ago. between all the **** you plague us with ad-wise I would think that you already make enough money without compromising the reason for the entire website - communicating seamlessly, AND scammer-free with others on the Internet?

Why Eudora closed it's doors is beyond me, because it was 10 times the company AND email platform that Yahoo, or that piece of **** Google will ever…

131st ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. STOP ENABLING SCAMMERS.

I've been on the Internet for over 27 years and it's disgusting that a big company like Yahoo refuses to support the HONEST people who use it, like the people at Eudora did, several years ago. between all the **** you plague us with ad-wise I would think that you already make enough money without compromising the reason for the entire website - communicating seamlessly, AND scammer-free with others on the Internet?

Why Eudora closed it's doors is beyond me, because it was 10 times the company AND email platform that Yahoo, or that piece of **** Google will ever…

131st ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 191st ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. NEED HELP ASAP!!!!

AS OF JANUARY 4TH I CAN NO LONGER ADD YAHOO TO MY APPLE PHONE. WONT WORK - IT IS NOT AN APP THING EITHER AND IOS IS UPDATED - WHAT THE **** IS UP. I CAN HAVE MY MAIL ON AN OLD IPAD - BUT AS OF 2024 YOU HATE IPHONE USERS??? I GUESS YOU DONT WANT ME TO USE IPHONE AND YAHOO TOGETHER - DOES THIS MEAN YOU PLAN TO SHUT DOWN AND MAKE EVERYONE CLOSE THEIR YAHOO ACCOUNTS WHO USE IPHONE - WHAT IS THE FIX!!! SEND ME THE SOLUTIONS ASAP

131st ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. so not happy. Please stop updates without first explaining what these updates involve, I now can no longer see alot of emails that I need.

What the heck? Stop deleting features and adding features. Need to allow users to pick from list of features that we want and the ones we don't want. this basic version still won't let me view all of my emails and they aren't in the spam folder. I know I did not authorize Yahoo to just delete the emails that you somehow picked. I want my **** emails to show up in my inbox again

22nd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. i am not receiving any password reset email coming from my discord which is the only way for me to re-access it is by this account i am usin

i need you to fix this kind of problem, i use and follow everything that i found in internet saying that can help but nothing so it is from your end now to take the responsibility on why i am not receiving discord password reset but i can receive any other emails coming from different third party.

131st ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I need to know how to receive emails. I haven't received any except those from target since the 18th or 20th. I used to get 100+ per day.

I need help resolving why I haven't received my usual 100+ emails a day. Since converting to the new signon, I have only received less than 5 per day and 2 out of 3 are from Target.

191st ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Bulk Delete

Bulk delete of mail is an option that NEEDS to be REMOVED.
    Caught once by this when message came up asking to about bulk when just one item was ticked. Message appears too frequently. Too dangerous and a needless option. Yahoo actually mass deleted my emails three times. It is very annoying. FIX THIS

191st ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Gotta have my phone to check email on my desktop? Ridiculous. If I don't have my phone is my phone is in a puddle, I can't check emails.

Gotta have my phone to check email on my desktop? Ridiculous. If I don't have my phone or my phone is in a puddle or charging, I can't check emails. Get rid of the verification, I entered my **** user name and password already!!!

56th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 131st ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Not able to format text in mails

I am not able to format the text in my desktop (Windows 10) as well as Android.

191st ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

New Mail Basic

Categories