Mail Nodin Bucket

Welcome to our Yahoo Basic Mail feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the new Yahoo Basic Mail experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to your Yahoo Mail.

Basic Mail provides base functionality like reading and writing messages, but does not include many of the advanced options. To use these features, we recommend upgrading to full-featured version of Yahoo Mail.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

1. this format is not coventional but contrived

this format makes posting chosen emails to a topic file more difficult--when the move button worked perfectly--if the original design has been successful this long there is no need to change just to make a change--most people hate change and this seems to have done it royally

23rd ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. This is Awful just not good at all bring the old version back it was working way better, i rather change to another mailing system.

This is Awful just not good at all bring the old version back it was working way better, i rather change to another mailing system.

44th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Get rid of the ****** "update" and give me back my other form

Stop messing with what people like and are using. The "new" forms stink, suck, are useless. My idea is for everyone to leave Yahoo until they stop messing with the e-mail and give back the old forms.

44th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. GET RID OF THIS NEW MAIL, WANT THE OLD ONE BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT IS AWEFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THIS NEW EMAIL STINKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HATE IT!!!!!! BRING BACK THE OLD ONE...QUIT SCREWING WITH US!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

49th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Compose does not work. No email lookup. Groups do not work. SLOPPY SLOPPY

Compose stinks. You type an email to send to and there is no look up shown. Group names do not work at all. SLOPPY work programmers. Give me back the old system.

52nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. RETURN IT BACK AS IT WAS WITH VIEWING AFTER DELETING THE PREVIOUS MESSAGE AND NOT MAIN SCREEN!!!!

BRING BACK!! option when I am deleting message it should move to message after and NOT TO MAIN SCREEN WITH ALL MESSAGES!!! IT IS AWFULL AND VERY UNCOMFORTABLE TO WORK!! BRING IT BACK AS IT WAS!!!!

!!!RETURN back to basic view!!!! I want to decide when to change not you! it is not comfortable and not good!!!!

40th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Change back to old format till you have a decent one to update.

Need to change back to the old format until you have one that us user friendly with the same options and more importantly proof what your update does before implementing it. Rate this update as -5 on a 1-10 scale. Should fire the individual(s) who created this update and approved it. Definitely not done with clients uses in mind. What did you do, allow a 2nd grader mess with the progaming? It is user unfriendly and keeps having you to sign in on every vote. Did you not proof your program change before implementing
    As I use this new unfriendly…

52nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Yu can improve by giving us back the classic yahoo mail we had. This new format is very poorly done. Shame on Yahoo.

Give me back classic Yahoo mail. Is Yahoo so arrogant that they just change things without giving us a choice. this new format lacks lots of options that classic had and is really terrible. Shame on Yahoo.

52nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Go back to the old one...this sucks!

This sucks...go back to the old one.

52nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. GO BACK !!! I hate the NEW way. Is that the cute Blondie, who makes $millions, making these IDIOTIC changes, to JUSTIFY her $ millions ???

GO BACK !!! I hate the NEW way. Is that the cute Blondie-chick CEO, who makes $millions, making these IDIOTIC changes, to JUSTIFY her $ millions ???

58th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. I liked the old style, Don't know why you changed? On the signature of my email, how can I change Font style and size?

On the signature, how do I change the font style and size?
    On the old way it was easier.

52nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. i hate the new format. its diffcult to use.please come back old format.now yahoo not comfort for me...i need to change the theme and all

the thing is my yahoo feature are not confortable for me..i unable to change the theme and wall paper and all for my comfort before i can.not

39th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Preview pane

Where did the preview pane go? I have been a PAID user of Yahoo email for 12 years and have tolerated several "upgrades" only to see Yahoo roll them back. This version is like a stripped down version of what I have been paying for. Please find a way to offer the preview pane. I seems like you've decided to go with a smaller code version of the previous version. Please, can I switch back? The loss of the preview pane might be the last straw for me.

66th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. allow to use email addresses stored in the system... now I have to re-type them constantly

The new feel, is not user friendly. Before I could just type the first letter of the recipient an the email address was automatically populated. Now I have to type it constantly. Also, allow to automatically save emails from senders without having to manually add them in the contact list

77th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. You can go back to the old yahoo basic mail

There is an old saying that applies here: "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!"

58th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I DO NOT like the new version of mail, why change something if it isn't broke ?

I DO NOT like the new version of mail, why change something if it isn't broke ?

62nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Can't Delete

Can't Delete Email Please fix it or give me back my old page

66th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Don't you ask for input?

Really? Don't you Yahoo's show your new "ideas" to people to get feedbacki? This new format is absurd!

60th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I want the old version back!

I want the old version back! Used to be I could type in a few letters of the recipient's first name and it would fill in the full name and email. Same for a group of recipients...that seems to have disappeared. Not good! I cant use it now! Time to switch!

66th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. let people choose if they want to switch browser!!!

The customer should have the option to choose which browser they prefer to use!! Not yahoo, so let people who use IE have the full version for e-mail accounts! maybe if more customers would switch to googles then something like this would STOP!!! Yahoo should quit trying to BOSS people around and make them switch if they prefer not to. Maybe yahoo needs to loose customers and help boost business for google, then this might be taken seriously!

44th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Mail Nodin Bucket

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base