Yahoo Answers

Welcome to our Yahoo Answers feedback forum! This is a place specially created for those who are experiencing the new and redesigned Yahoo Answers experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to Yahoo Answers.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please find answers on our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

1. 295th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Have a way where you can find any specific questions you have answered. In more then one way.

Not just scroll down to find it under Answer, like in different categories. with a section that for question you have answered. Most of all any different ways that are easy to do that.

295th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Comments

I think reporting should be taken more seriously, with actually removing the rude inappropriate comments. That would make people think twice before posting inappropriately, eventually eliminating abuse over time. Those who are respectful and reasonable shouldn't have to suffer, just like everything else. The good people shouldn't have to wear the black eye for what the bad people say. Thank you for allowing my opinion to be heard.

295th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Pay more attention to reports.

Many habitual abusers have zero points and most, if not all of their questions have been deleted.

295th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 295th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. [code][/code] tag wished for Computers & Internet and Science & Mathematics categories.

Please add a [code] [/code] tag to allow writing of... code :), shell commands, formulas, etc.

This tag shoud :

• convert lesser than, greater than and other special chars into html entities ;

• NOT convert URL into clickable link ;

• NOT cut long text strings with space ;

• NOT add or remove newline chars.

For now, we have to upload text files into third party websites (hoping their URL will not cause hiding in shadows of our Q/A) or take pictures of text (but no copy and paste availlable).

Thank you for your attention.

295th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Allow users to block an unlimited number of other users

I need to block more than 500 as there are so many chatters , stalkers, harassers

529th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 295th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. I HAD A BAD EXPERIENCE ON YAHOO MAIL!!!

Better wake up you ideas i cannot event find a simple thing and no one can help me with it ! i wont recommend anyone to use the yahoo mail anymore !

529th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Learn a few things from Quora.

If you guys really do want to improve your site, I recommend learning a thing or two from Quora. Like, for instance, give us the option of choosing the categories that we want for our questions ourselves instead of automatically picking them out for us as that often leads to mistakenly adding the wrong categories to a lot of our questions. Also from Quora, let us choose who gets to answer our questions based on how many questions of the categories we pick for our own the person whom we choose has answered so that way we would know how…

295th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Make an app of this site.

You guys should really make a Yahoo! Answers app for those of us who use smartphones, iPads, and MacBooks so that way this site can be more easily accessible to us because not all of us use computers and laptops, you know.

295th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Please correct the category and hours of operation for Surface Koatings Inc. they're a coatings manufacturer & hours are 7:30am - 4:00pm cst

Here's an Idea, Please correct the category and hours of operation for Surface Koatings, Inc. they are a coatings manufacturer & the hours are 7:30am - 4:00pm cst. Purposefully putting out incorrect information and then forcing payment to correct it is a horrible business model.

295th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. On your web page list who is responsible for its content.

On your web page list who iOS responsible for its content.

192nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Please restore all my media, emails, and contacts! I have had this account for +14 years! Please help asap

I have important data on this account, please restore everything that is gone.

529th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Yahoo censorship.

I get you people deleting comments when they make liberals look silly being as you're way left. But I left several comments on a **** story. I didn't insult anyone, use foul language or start a riot. But yet, you censored two lengthy comments for reasons I don't understand. You can't pull a comment because of one word. You need to know the context in which it was used. Fortunately I load yahoo because it can be pretty entertaining, how about you shift a little closer to the First Amendment and let people express what they feel with no bad…

98th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Same answer for multiple questions has to be allowed given that its not a troll

If the questions are similar this should be ALLOWED.... BCOZ R WE GOING TO WRITE THE SAME WHOLE ANSWER WITH DIFFERENT WORDING ALL OVER AGAIN SO AS TO AVOID MY ANSWER NOT BEING UPLOADED
    And I prefer to write long answers, so the plagiarism thing is really annoying to me

295th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 295th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Email me when someone comments on my answer.

Why has this been removed as an email setting in the new desktop version?
    It still exists on my mobile version.
    Please include it.

295th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Who are the Yahoo Answers Knowledge Partners?

It could be interesting to see Yahoo Answers Knowledge Partners questions and answers BUT...where are they?

295th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. its more of a question. Why do you asked to leave comments, then only publish the top ten? Reading the top ten. The important I guess.

Its about leaving comments. Why do you always show the top ten, and not in the order they come? Why even ask? Is it the top ten know it all, and we should only ask 10 people. Sounds crazy to me. It's you site. Your rules; right!

295th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Yahoo Answers

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base