Yahoo Answers

Welcome to our Yahoo Answers feedback forum! This is a place specially created for those who are experiencing the new and redesigned Yahoo Answers experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to Yahoo Answers.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please find answers on our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

1. Correct new User Interface grammar

The new user interface introduced in September 2019 invites users to submit answers if none have been received yet by saying "There's no answers yet". That's poor English grammar.

Since "answers" is plural, it should say "There're no answers yet" or "There are no answers yet".

36th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Let us upload a cover photo on our Yahoo! Answers profile please.

I'm getting tired of the purple background on my profile and I wish I could customize it.

47th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Can't change the desktop view mode back to mobile view

My yahoo answera account shows in desktop view I cannot change it back to mobile view. Please help.

105th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. I have new contacts to add to a pre-existing list and your current version does not support that. How it to my list of Tailors?

I have new contacts to add to a pre-existing list and your current version does not support that. How it to my list of Tailors?

63rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. I keep getting notices that appear to say others have been trying to access my account. Why can't I contact a person to find out the problem

I keep getting notices that appear to say others have been trying to access my account. Why can't I contact a person at Yahoo to find out the problem?

63rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Let me see my old questions this new update sucks

Let me see my old questions and answers

47th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Give back the edit button for categories

Give back the edit button for ?'s in the wrong categories

105th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Question category self selection

Allow users to browse categories when they are asking questions before submitting them

47th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. YA seems to strip returns and spaces from my answers. When I go back to edit the format, my answer becomes invisible.

Keep answerer's format. YA seems to strip returns and spaces from my answers. I have put them there for readabllity.
    When I go back to edit the format back to original, my answer is now properly formatted, but becomes invisible to other users due to another long known but un-corrected glitch. Nasty catch 22.

63rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Instead of showing how long ago something was posted, show the exact time and date

For example, Instead of it saying posted 2 days ago, it should say posted October 1, 2019 at 11:00 PM, or something like that.

63rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Make Yahoo! Green Again!

Make Yahoo! GREEN.

47th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Fix the country server glitch

Currently, if a question is posted from a different country server and I click on it, the next page I click on will be on the same country server. It's a minor nuisance to me, but really? Why, Yahoo?

63rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Please - return back to the way it was ! I cannot navigate the new way you have it .. it is tooo difficult and confusing

Return back to the way you had it before you changed it to this - which I cannot navigate with.

63rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Have different colours for badges of different Levels

I noticed we now have badges showing what Level we are at next to our username in questions. Because the badges are so small(in the mobile version), most of us can't see it without having to squint or look closer. I suggest we have different colours for badges of different Levels.

47th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. get rid of this new design. It is thoughtless and annoying.

I just tried to use it to answer a fairly long question. As I had completed quite a bit of my reply, I forgot a detail and needed to check the question again. As I went back to the question, I lost everything I had already written. Absolutely terrible design flaw. I know a Q&A site and wonder why you didn't use it to get feedback before producing this rubbish. Your ridiculous attempts at improvements are going to ruin the site. Why not pay a decent design firm to put this right? You make a total **** of it every…

29th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 29th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. how can i get rid of the ads on the right side /?

let both the list that appears on the left side and the ads that appear on the right side be drop-down panels so that you can see everything yu are writing and not have bouncy ads distracting you. and hiding part of your test.

105th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Remove the new format, and let us see our question history

Under the ridiculous new format, we are required to take several extra steps just to reach our own Answers profile pages, and it's stupid.

63rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. restore guardian sport rss feed

I inadvertently deleted my rss feed in my.yahoo account to the Guardian's football rss feed and can't find a way to recover it.

105th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Why doesn't Yahoo hire Conservative Journalists rather than Crazy Left wing extremists? Sick of reading lies about our president. Yahoo shou

Why doesn't Yahoo hire Conservative Journalists rather than Crazy Left wing extremists? Sick of reading lies about our president. Yahoo should really try reporting real news such as OANN does every day.

63rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Yahoo Answers

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base