Yahoo Answers

Welcome to our Yahoo Answers feedback forum! This is a place specially created for those who are experiencing the new and redesigned Yahoo Answers experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to Yahoo Answers.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please find answers on our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

1. Penalize Anonymous Post, No Points for Anonymous answer

Anonymous posters wreak havoc on Y!A. Here's a way to minimize:
    1. Allow Anonymous post, but charge 10 to 20 points. Some Groups need Anon postings.
    2. But DO NOT allow Posts if they have 10 points or below,
    3. AND don't award points for Anonymous answers. Zero, zip, nada.

35th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Compulsory "Unique" Usernames

I think Yahoo / Oath should make it compulsory for users to have a unique username. Currently, there is a user going around cloning several users in the Lesbian, Gay, ******** and Transgender category.

This is total misrepresentation of character and defamation. If we had a unique username policy, this wouldn't happen so easily.

This is a cloned version of my own account "Nerdy Keith":
    https://answers.yahoo.com/activity/questions?show=2hFqhpZsaa

30th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Mobile version has a poor user interface.

I can no longer see questions from all categories.

I only have the choice of Notifications or individual subject categories.

7th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. "No Anonymous Answers" to this question

when we ask a question we can select

"No Anonymous Answers" to reduce abuse

35th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. give you feedback to receive feedback

why my questing does not exist or is under review.can i know whats wrong with my question and what part from Community Guidelines i did broke .tell me if i did something wrong from that question to not ask a question as this again but i know there is nothing wrong with it ?????

50th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. next question has a bug, shows answered questions

When you look at "Next Question", it can already have a 'Favorite Answer', AND it might be from 10 years ago!!!

'Next Question' should only show questions without a favorite in that category. Or leave out altogether...

50th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. You can IMPROVE Yahoo Answers by getting RID of and BANNING the serial stalker, and pest, with the User Name "Ninefinger".

This user "Ninefinger" is well known to the Yahoo Customer Care team, as a SERIAL Pest and Stalker, with ZERO regard for any rules or guidelines here and has been suspended countless times for stalking, harrassment, point gaming, and continuous insulting of other members.

He was been attacking my account ceaselessly for the last FOUR years. He has been suspended countless times for it already. But he operates so MANY accounts here.......suspending any ONE of them, doesn't do a ** thing. He just hops over to one of his other accounts, changes the name to "Ninefinger" again, and carries right…

19th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 19th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Allow us to block the actual user of Anonymous

Y!A knows the username/login of anyone asking questions or providing answers.

When we select 'block', Y!A should block that actual username/login.

That block should block all posts and answers from them showing up!

35th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Most of Yahoo Brasil users and I are in favor of removing the "anonymous" option. Because this option only benefits trolls

Please. Remove the "anonymous" option from Yahoo Brazil. This option means that we are unable to block troll users. This option is rarely used by serious users. Many of my friends at Yahoo Answers are leaving the site because of this, too many troll users. Yahoo Brazil has to take some action in this regard, otherwise the site tends to get worse. In addition, it is necessary to permanently block users who violate the laws of the site.

50th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Allow people to delete or edit their own questions or comments posted on them

If a person asks a question and somebody else doesn't like it or if somebody posts in objectionable comment or answer to your question the person that posted the question should be able to modify his question if there's something wrong with it or it's objectionable or to delete the objectionable comment. Without using the extremely poor quality report system.

35th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Pay real money for questions and answers

There's websites out there that pay real money for you to answer questions or to ask them.
    It would be nice if Yahoo answers did the same thing instead of giving you points which are practically worthless. And serve only to make an unhealthy competitive atmosphere if you paid a few pennies for your questions and answers there wouldn't be competition

50th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. let Us know which question or answer got deleted

As opposed to seeing our points randomly drop, let us know what question or answer got deleted and for what reason. This may prevent repeated errors in the future.

35th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. We can stop discriminating against Donald Trump based on his skin color orange.

People that are talking about Donald Trump and discriminating against him because his skin color is Orange is committing racial discrimination based upon skin color and we're permitting this on Yahoo it's seriously against the law.

50th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 50th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Fix your glitches!!! On mobile version i can't change the category. When i click edit category, the process freezes.

Just make sure everything is working properly, no glitches or hold ups in asking or answering questions. A lot of answers don't appear on the question page as well, they stay hidden in the notifications panel, this glitch has been going on for maybe about a year.

11th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Remove the trolls from the hunting and fishing section

They insult people daily, they give out false and dangerous answers that could get someone killed, also illegal ideas that could get some one arrested, they promote horrible animal abuse. Here is one wishing the coronavirus will kill boomers;
    https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20200318161728AAwPw0D

PLEASE do something to stop this I beg you!

50th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 50th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Answers disappear after editing.

After I submit an answer it appears in the list of answers beneath the question and can be seen by anybody. However, after editing the answer only appears in the list as seen by me and to everybody else it becomes invisible ! I know many other posters have the same problem. Very disheartening after significant time and effort spent on an answer. Is there anything that can be done to correct this ?

35th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. stop auto categorizing questions

when we ask question, we get the first option to state what the category is jus t like before.

50th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Yahoo Answers

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base