Yahoo Answers

Welcome to our Yahoo Answers feedback forum! This is a place specially created for those who are experiencing the new and redesigned Yahoo Answers experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to Yahoo Answers.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please find answers on our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

1. Fix the copy-paste "newline" bugs in the question and answer editors.

The new format and new text editors are nice, but they mishandle newline characters in multiple-line pastes. This affects anything with paragraphs, mathematics, computer programming, poetry, etc. in the text, where explicit line breaks are necessary.

I haven't explored all the failure situations, but it certainly affects many Windows users. And it's not just what some other application puts on the clipboard. Copy-paste from an answer to later in the same answer fails. I mostly answer questions, so I don't use the question editors much. The bug does apply to both the original answer entry box and to the "pop-up"…

69th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. The leader boards are not up to date

The leader boards in the Royalty section are not accurate. I have several more favorite answers than is listed.

183rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. From the spanish section, delete spammers

They spanish section is full of spam users who are driving others away from the webpage

279th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Display USER NAME next to question

Please display the USER NAME of the person asking the question next to the question in listing.
    🌟 Allows us to see if it's posted by Anonymous.
    🌟.Allows us to see if one User is posting all their homework questions.
    🌟This should be easy to implement, and yet it would really help us stay away from Trolls or abusers without Y!A additional programming.

The idea here is to be able to skip questions without having to open the question just to see it's Anonymous. I personally will not answer any more of these in Math & Science.
    Thank you,
    Jim🖖

69th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. LOOPHOLE: There is no way to remove a suspended user from your Blocked Users list

We used to be able to remove suspensed users from our Blocked Users list so as to create space to block other users. However, that is no longer possible with the update. Because of this, my Blocked Users list is full and I can no longer block anymore users. Please fix!!

183rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Put comments back. Its a vital communication link.

Comments need to return and we should get the results of the survey.

183rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Extend the Levels to 8, 9 and 10, using the same points pattern.

Level 7 = 25,000
    Level 8 = 50,000
    Level 9 = 100,000
    Level 10 = 250,000
    Even now, there would only be a tiny number of Level 10s. Level 7 doesn't do justice to some of those senior members.

183rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 183rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. this site hasn't worked for me the past couple of nights

When I try to post a new question, I am getting an error message. When I try to view an old answer, I get an error message. When I try to search new questions, I get an error and they don't populate. Whatever update recently performed does not seem to have worked.

127th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 183rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Get rid of the politics section and religion section.

All people do is spam and troll with insults, reporting those who ask about something the liberals disagree with, repeated off subject answers, along with these two sections is where your trolls habituate.
    Also, there is racist questions and answers, promoting violence and ***********, chat and rant violations, people harassing others, and other demeaning comments. Along with stupid questions that are obviously false and nonsensical and questions that are used to let people group all people into one category.
    There is people who abuse people for believing in God.
    There are people who insult Mormons and Jews. There are questions…

279th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. repair the new answer format so that you can post a picture without having to post a question and then go back and edit it

The new format that they have posted for the answers is absolutely ridiculous you can't post a picture without going back and editing your question after you posted it Yahoo did you do this to make it hard for pictures to be posted?

94th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Answer is not working. An error occurred, please try again later is repeatedly posted.

I can not answer questions, report abuse, or rate questions as of June 29.2020.

127th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. What is with the really OLD QUESTIONS posted under new questions?

I don't understand the reasoning for posting OLD (such as ten years old!!) questions below one that has recently been posted. I can see posting similar questions that have not yet been closed. That would make sense, so people can answer those, as well.

If I am interested in researching a topic on YA, I can easily type that topic in and find everything posted.

But, WHY ON EARTH, would you post a ten year old question within the recent category where users are ANSWERING?

I find this annoying. Seems not terribly useful.

46th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. re-enter saved searches

re-enter saved searches

183rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 279th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Allow us to block users who have posted anonymous if they are harassing us

Otherwise if we post anonymous we can harass anyone. That said, KEEP ANONYMOUS, I would not be a user on Yahoo Answers if it were not for being able to ask personal questions I can post anonymously.

183rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Your Community Guidelines on Yahoo Answers is vague.

Describe chatting. Isn’t all questions an attempt to learn facts or opinions? Yes I agree that many questions like How are you or What is your favorite color don’t belong.
    Nobody is seeking knowledge, except to justify their own beliefs. And you took down an answer by me, when I was answering a question with the doctrine of my church on it.
    Lots of subjective and insulting and slanderous questions there.
    Many of your other rules need clarification. Why is it against the rules to misspell a word? And how would you know whether people are abusing the report system…

279th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. It should be discussions instead of just answers and comments. Through discussions all aspects of the subject can be explored and explained.

A topic of discussion does provide a complete picture from which you really gain very valuable and reliable information. In the year about 1999 I did start posting topics for discussion which were important, essential, informative and very very hot. One of the main topics was:
    "Allah is not a fool" which did last for number of years on yahoo message boards. Unfortunately now the message boards have been cancelled.

279th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Can you please make it where you can get emails of your answer

Why did you stop sending emails of who answer your question? And can you make it where you block someone they can't see your questions and answers and can I block trolls in anonymous

183rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 6 8 10 24 25
  • Don't see your idea?

Yahoo Answers

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base