Skip to content

IN THE KNOW

Welcome!  This forum is for you to share feedback and suggestions.

We review the ideas here to improve IN THE KNOW, so the more specific you can be, the better.

Note:  This forum is not for support-related issues.  You can learn more about our Feedback Policy here.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

67 results found

1. Do not recommend "trial pets" for children.

PLEASE remove your article: https://www.intheknow.com/post/low-maintenance-trial-pets-kids/?amp&fbclid=IwAR2dZLJ1q5YWtv_v5xe1twjn_mgjihXQtkmI6XxSz-bdcJLFBtRpn7ZBUMI
    THIS idea of teaching responsibility with an animal or that certain animals are a stepping stone to a dog or cat is so misguided. Parents need to be prepared to care for the pet when the child inevitably loses interest. Pets are lifelong commitments - especially rabbits, they live until 12+ years if properly cared for...and they certainly are NOT cuddly or good for young children.They cost as much as a cat or dog for veterinary care and it is nothing shy of criminal to deny them that.

Be responsible and do not add to…

1st ranked

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Remove and Revise "Trial Pets" Article

Your "Trial Pets..." article severely miscalculates the time, work, knowledge, and financial investment required to provide for the animals named in the article, many of which are exotic animals with care requirements that may meet or exceed the demands of a dog. Consider how the language used in this article, "trial," "low-maintenance," "starter," etc., encourages a devaluation of the lives of these living creatures. While shelters and rescue groups work tirelessly to encourage responsible animal ownership, uninformed and inaccurate articles like this plant different seeds in the minds of readers and sow mistrust of the advise of experts whose information…

2nd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Please delete misleading article ‘Trial Pets’

I am flabbergasted this was allowed to be published. No animals are trial pets! Each animal is a commitment and deserves to be well looked after. This is a misleading article because majority of animals take a lot of work, especially rabbits and they are not suited for kids! This article shows a lack of competency on behalf of the author for not doing research. This needs to be rectified immediately, with a factual article
    Published about the realities of rabbit care. This article will be responsible for parents getting their children rabbits, which are ten year commitments, and then…

3rd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Delete this sarter pets article

NO pet, especially rabbits, are "starter" pets or stepping stones to a dog. These are living, breathing animals that deserve proper care and attention. Not to be a "lesson" to see if your irresponsible kid can handle an even more labor intensive animal. They all require appropriate, timely and adequate care. They all deserve MORE than the BARE MINIMUM of attention. Rabbits are NOT gentle, they have teeth and nails like any animal. Lizards often require specific temperature ranges to even SURVIVE. Fish require CLEAN ph balanced water for their specific type and gerbils and hamsters, while inexpensive, require socialization,…

3rd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I implore you to PLEASE DELETE article:

Please take down the 4 TRIAL PETS YOU SHOULD GET YOUR KIDS BEFORE YOU GET A DOG article! It is harmful and incorrect information.
    Rabbits are VERY HIGH maintenance animals who are neglected misunderstood. They are ultimately terrible starter animals especialy for children. They are very fragile, require expensive specialized exotic vet care, and hate being picked up (to name a few...)

Your article is misinformation at best.

5th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Delete trial pets article

This article is ridiculous and inaccurate.

1. No pets are “trial pets” and referring to them as such spreads the ignorant notion that they are dispensable.
    2. Articles like this are the reason that 7 million animals a year are abandoned in a shelter (rabbits are 3rd on the list next to cats and dogs).
    3. Let’s specifically focus on rabbits... they are not “low maintenance pets.” They require more time and attention than just about any animal. They are fragile, skiddish, and suspectible to a vast array of illnesses and conditions. They need constant exercise but it’s not exactly safe to take…
    6th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I cannot believe you allowed this article to run.

No pet should ever be a trial pet. Also, I am a bunny owner. Let me educate you before this article results in many rabbits being dumped at animal shelters. Rabbits can live more than 10 years if taken care of properly. You are making a commitment. They require vet visits, proper diet, lots of space and care. They cannot live in a cage. They diet is costly. Hay is expensive, especially good quality hay. As for droppings not being everywhere, yes, they still will even if litter trained. Don’t even get me started on how destructive they are. You…

7th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Baby Hacks DANGEROUS

In the article "Baby Hacks", the first two ideas are extremely dangerous and should be pulled from airing. I am a Pediatrician working in a hospital and think that two of these ideas pose a serious risk to injuring or killing kids. Taping the plastic bag of glitter or tiny objects to a high chair is a terrible idea. The bag could break or accidentally open and baby puts those tiny pieces in mouth potentially causing a suffocation hazard or aspiration into the airway. Also, no parent should allow a baby to play with a plastic bag. EVER!!! These are…

8th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Publish correct information or assure what your promoting is accurate

Your website is promoting "6 PHONESOAP PRODUCTS WORTH SHOPPING WITH THIS EXCLUSIVE 20 PERCENT OFF PROMO CODE." It says that "between now and Dec. 31, you can get 20 percent off any PhoneSoap product when the code “INTHEKNOW” is applied at checkout." I was interested in purchasing the " HomeSoap, $95.96 With Code ‘INTHEKNOW’ (Orig. $119.95)" at the price advertised; however, when I click on the link to take me to the PhoneSoap website the price for this item is 199.95. Many would consider this to be a bait and switch tactic which is not ethical. Either you where provide…

8th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. How to Improve IN THE KNOW

It is both sad and frustrating that "The Yodel" (Yahoo's daily newsletter) appears to be yet another biased media outlet for its writers or owners to present an extremely slanted (if not twisted) version of the truth to further their own political views. The Oct 2nd newsletter had the following headline:

"Melania's former friend and adviser released audio of the First Lady complaining about having to decorate for Christmas, among other things. In fact, she said, “Who gives a f*** about Christmas stuff?” Just in time for Halloween."

That is disgustingly taken out of context and anyone who listened to…

8th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Derogatory term in Morgan Greenwald's article on McDonald's Fries

Writer Morgan Greenwald's article on McDonald's fries refers to the leftover garbage in the McDonald's fry oil as "gook." I am offended by the use of a derogatory term for asian people in your article. Are your editors oblivious to the term? There are far more appropriate words out there like crumbs, junk, and garbage. Please do better.

8th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. This gardening tool lets you weed your yard without bending over

Regarding https://www.intheknow.com/2020/05/02/best-weeder-gardening-tool/ which states, "This gardening tool lets you weed your yard without bending over" You need to take a good look at the video you have for I see the guy "bending over".

8th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Hold your writers and editors accountable for content.

https://www.intheknow.com/post/dermatologist-verifies-whether-viral-flaxseed-mask-is-a-natural-alternative-to-botox/?amp
    In less than an hour, on my phone, without a degree in journalism, I was able to find scientific evidence, from verifiable sources, disputing the content of an article published by IN THE KNOW. I would hope “Trending Writer” NEIA BALAO would have done her do diligence and verified the information given by the board certified dermatologist before she presented it as factual in her article. After all, she was presenting a story to dispute a viral video, warning it may not be safe and it hasn’t been studied enough. After my research, I personally think neither one of…

14th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Statistical error in article

https://news.yahoo.com/women-tiktok-sharing-******-reduction-202320729.html
    In the first paragraph: 33,000 is not "a huge increase from. . . 217,000" Re-examine your source material.

14th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Stop doing articles on things that average people in the U.S. cant afford.

I love my plants. I am by NO means a master gardner but, gently coaxing a tissue culture into a mature plant has become VERY satisfying.
    With winter coming, and my living in Michigan, I've been preparing for the absence of natural sunlight. So, imagine if you will, my excitement upon seeing the headline of this article.
    And THEN, I had to stop and look to see if this was really on MY Google feed or if I had stumbled onto a SkyMall page.
    The people that CAN afford those lights? Know about those lights. Already have those lights.
    Unfortunately,…

14th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Well you can start by giving proper advice. Puppies should never ever have soft plush toys. They eat them, literally the insides.

Your advice on a shopping spree on what to buy for a puppy is horrible and irresponsible. Puppies eat what ever they can. Hard rubber toys are best for a puppy for teething, not plush toys. This is nothing but a commercial article which is very bad advice.

14th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Quit talking aboit toxic relationships when nothing is there.

There's an a dumb article you people wrote about toxic relationships about a man smashing cake in wife's face being toxic. You know nothing to give advice to public. Whoever wrote this article is probably single and never had a date in years.

14th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Stop promoting products that do animal testing

Stop promoting products and companies that torture animals. This day and age you should know better

14th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 14th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. suggestion

Just read the article on the ****** lady unable to ride amusement park rides because she's too fat. Here's a novel idea: How about telling people what they need to hear? Quit enabling morbid obesity. You're not doing anyone any service by enabling them. Has it ever occurred to you that people are tired of being constantly exposed to morbid obesity? I'm tired of seeing it. It's disgusting.

14th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base