US Groups

Update: We're shutting down the Yahoo Groups website on December 15, 2020 and members will no longer be able to send or receive emails from Yahoo Groups. You can find more information about the Yahoo Groups shutdown and alternative service options on this help page.

If you need assistance of any kind, please find self-paced help on our help site. This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Promotion of Members to Moderator or Owner not working

I am not sure if this is related to the recent changes in Yahoo Groups, but I am noticing that while I am able to promote someone who is in an existing Moderator role to Owner, I have been unable to promote anyone from the Member role to either Moderator or Owner.

I have attempted these changes on several group members in multiple groups which I own and moderater, with identical results in each group.

When I attempt to do so, I am receiving an error message:

Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

214th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    20 comments  ·  Groups management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Restore admins / moderators ability to moderate messages

With the changes, it appears that admins / moderators no longer have the ability to moderate messages. This is problematic for large groups where off topic messages can make the group more noise than content. Please restore the ability of admins /moderators to approve messages - or make it clearer how this is done.

92nd ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    39 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Daimon

Daimon

2476th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Defects or Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Alllow us to MODERATE postings again... PLEASE!!!!

You have removed the ability to MODERATE posts. That means that we again have people posting OFF-TOPIC messages and SPAM.

The whole point of a MODERATED GROUP is to be able to MODERATE it!

149th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Groups management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Cant approve/see messages ?

Cant approve/see pending messages ?

197th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    14 comments  ·  Groups management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 1610th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. restore the "daily digest"!!!

restore the "daily digest"!!!

234th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Groups Emails  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Showing Error to change owner of group

As owner of the group when i try to add a moderator (another member), it shows error. as owner of the group, if i try to change myself to moderator, it shows error. please help resolve this

703rd ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Defects or Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. I am unable to and download the content on my group

I am unable to access and download the content on my group - 34 NDA Course

2476th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Groups management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Don't shut groups down!

You first shut down group leaders sharing their own personal files (ex. embroidery) and now you are shutting them down completely. You should be grateful they brought in so much traffic to your site. I am not a group leader but I am a follower. You have now alienated a vast amount of users who (including me) will not be back to your site for any reason ( not even email). You are so ungrateful and selfish toward hardworking people who just want a means to share their wares. Your alternative sites for them to share (Facebook, Google, etc) are…

2476th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. I will be sueing you

You sent an email that our group is being closed down on Dec15,2020 .--- but say that all mails/archives have already been deleted in Dec 2019! You say that all member got this notice in Aug 2019 per e-mail ---- this is not true NO ONE received such notice! I will be seeing my lawyer in December - and I will be suing you for false statement and deleting our group messages.

2174th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. TO YAHOO MANAGEMENT, This is a rather short sighted choice of action

TO YAHOO MANAGEMENT,

This is a rather short sighted and ignorant choice of actions given today’s climate and the pandemic that has
    our world set to such strict secluded separation from actual face to face connections and communications as
    the groups serve to allow people to keep in contact with each other when they cannot meet face to face.

By doing so you also take more reasons away from people that bring them to yahoo. If you keep taking the
    features away that people come here to use then you may as well just shut Yahoo down completely because
    in…

2476th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Yahoo Groups Files Feature went away, but Monthly Reminders are still being automatically generated and there is no way to edit them.

With the recent changes to Yahoo Groups, I know that the Files feature went away. Yet the three monthly notifications that we had set up as REMINDER features are still being automatically generated on either the last day of the month or the first. Those reminders need to be edited from time to time to remove outdated information and add new info. However, as far as I can tell, there is no way to edit these notifications.

Also, I am not sure if this should be a separate topic, but I am noticing that while I was able to promote…

630th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Groups management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Prohibit the Occult Groups

Hi there are a lot of groups teaching black magic on yahoo, and this is dangerous to innocent victims who dont know what they are being taken ******* too. I am preparing for my death, my attacker has advanced so far into taking over my whole body. This has been happening over 12 years since i unknowingly stumbled into the Golden Dawn Group and became a victim of the moderator, Martin Thibault. I wish, on my deathbed, that Yahoo would terminate the occult groups.. I went there looking for a tarot course and its a pity that such things have…

2476th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Group Membership  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Yahoo please don't deleted groups databases

Yahoo deleted access to databases with messages for yahoo groups. It would be better to let this messages and posts. Groups are like a community inside yahoo. Please don't destroy us.
    Please give the option to see old message to those who want.Thx

1610th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Messages and conversations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Yahoo groups messages

Yahoo deleted databases with messages for groups. It would be better to let this messages and posts. It is like a community inside yahoo.

2476th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Cannot download messages from Groups

I have been trying for past couple of days to download my Yahoo Groups contents using the download manager (https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/getmydata) but the page appears offline (HTTP ERROR 500). Is there a deadline for fixing this, considering Yahoo Groups will permanently shut down in roughly one month?

2476th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Defects or Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Stop supporting blm. They are Antifa/uneducated domestic terrorists

Why would you support antifa and uneducated domestic terrorists AKA BLM you idiots. Cancel my account ASAP

2174th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Support Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Your "end of groups" announcement is covering half my group's home page and I can't dismiss it

Your "end of groups" announcement is covering half my group's home page and I can't dismiss it. Please add an option to dismiss it.

2476th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Messages and conversations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Now the photos are not uploading

Can you please fix this. It says they loaded but they don't load into the groups.

20th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    406 comments  ·  Defects or Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 267 268
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base