US Groups

Welcome to Yahoo Group’s feedback forum! We welcome new feedback and feature ideas. Please share your feedback on Yahoo Groups and vote for ideas you like.

For any help or issues with the product please visit Yahoo Help or contact Yahoo’s Customer Care

Hi, please let us know how we can improve Groups further.

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can vote and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can vote on it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  1. Still cannot see thumbnails

Still unable to see thumbnail previews of photo attachments in pending messages downloading them one at a time is foolish

8th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      Planned  ·  63 comments  ·  Defects or Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Cannot see names of photos to properly reorder them

This problem has been posted by others, and you have declared it "completed" and "closed" when in fact you have NOT addressed it. When I select "Reorder Photos" I see the photos in the album without names, so I cannot even manually reorder them to the original alphabetical or numeric order, as I could in "classic Yahoo." And there's no option to automatically correct the ordering. So my photos end up in a random jumble.

1st ranked
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        131 comments  ·  Photos experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’ve introduced the ‘list’ view where the album title, creator and date are displayed by default for all albums. When viewing photos in an album we also have the ‘list’ view.

• DATABASES STILL PROBLEMS after revamping

I appreciate yahoo trying to make the databases usable again

Indeed there are many good things in the improvements and I appreciate you got us the French accented characters back again.

However, the format is still difficult to read and use for following reasons:

1/ column headings do not align with the actual columns as soon as you click on one of the columns to have it ordered. After reordering one column, column headings stay the same at the top but when you scroll down, column widths vary and no longer fit the headings!

example: I try to sort out…

2nd ranked
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          Under review  ·  75 comments  ·  Defects or Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Cannot Click Through Pages on Yahoo Groups, Since NEO, When Mac is Using Safari

Since Yahoo Groups has transitioned to NEO, Macs running OSX 10.9 (Mavericks) using Safari cannot mouse click to open any link or page. The page hangs with a "Loading . . . " message. This makes Yahoo Groups limited to "read only" for Group members without either a laborious work around or changing browsers.

The only workaround is to continually right click to open either a new window or tab multiple times. This bug does NOT happen when accessing Yahoo Groups with an iPhone/iPad running iOS7 using Safari, or with a Mac running a browser OTHER than Safari.

Since most…

11th ranked
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            Under review  ·  43 comments  ·  Defects or Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Make the subscribe, unsubscribe, and other email commands reliable

One of the most common failures reported for Yahoo Groups email commands is that the user never received, never noticed, or never responded to the Confirmation Request email that Yahoo sends. This problem is particularly noticed for the -subscribe and -unsubscribe commands, but is a problem for all of them:

"Activities available via email in Yahoo Groups"
            https://help.yahoo.com/kb/groups/SLN2455.html

In the last several years anti-spam technologies at various email services have become ever more vigilant, and the confirmation request emails are very susceptible to being treated as spam. Ironically, spammers were also the reason that the email commands required confirmation: otherwise…

26th ranked
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              1 comment  ·  Enhancement or New feature request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • my suggestions are still need your kind attention.

we are on the same level of problems , need help from developers.

1) still i see this message
              "Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content."
              while approving , editing emails.

2) can not view embeded attached images in email. few days later i used to see placeholders for those embeded images , but now place holders are also gone....

for example , can any body from yahoogroup developer team can tell me what can i do with this email ? how can i decide what is in this email ? i know there is an embeded image ,…

9th ranked
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                Under review  ·  109 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • You've dropped the 'new photos' link from the bottom of the email - that was great. Please put it back!

You've dropped the 'new photos' link from the bottom of the email - that was great. Please put it back!

23rd ranked
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                  Under review  ·  25 comments  ·  Groups Emails  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • Please resolve the Yahoo Group file issue behind "Invalid path." error messages

Many files appear listed in various folders within our two groups ("PM_Co-Leads_Forum" and "PM_Co-Managers_Forum"), but when any of us try to open, cut, or delete these files we receive an "Invalid path." error message. (Note that none of these files contain an apostrophe in the file name, but many contain other special characters such as underscores, hyphens, ampersands, etc.)

Perhaps these files were once cut into the clipboard in a move process, but then something happened and they weren't moved properly so now they are in a sort of limbo... there but not there? That's just a guess on my…

24th ranked
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                    Under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Defects or Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • 27th ranked
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                      Under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Photos experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    • Users have quit participating because they can't understand your new format? What can I do?

Users have quit participating because they can't understand your new format? What can I do? Frankly, older members of groups can't understand how to use the new format. Frankly, I have baffled too. What can be done before I loose the majority of the group populations of the two groups I manage. You new format is not user friendly for those over 50, or for visually impaired users.

6th ranked
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                        Under review  ·  48 comments  ·  Enhancement or New feature request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                      • FIX NEO - STILL FULL OF BUGS!

We expect an answer to every one of these points explaining how you have fixed it.

NEO format does not function properly. You claim to have fixed all the problems but that is not true.

1. When moderators edit a pending message, as soon as you click edit, the message disappears. You have to scroll a long way up to find it. It should appear right in front of you.

2. Automatic messages upon joining still will not go out no matter what you do with scheduling and notifications... it doesn't work!

3. Files keep showing Document Not Found when…

7th ranked
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                          Gathering feedback  ·  37 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                        • Photos sort by date does not work, some pictures are missing and some are duplicated. If use the manual sort, you get all the pictures.

Fix date sort in photo album. Does not show all the pictures. The total number of pictures are correct, but some pictures are duplicated and other pictures are not displayed. A manual sort shows all the pictures with no duplicates. Most photo albums can not be sorted by name. If I could sort by name, I can go back and get the pictures from the album I do not have because I did not know the sort by date is missing pictures.

37th ranked
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                            Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Photos experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                          • Expand the plain-text setting to cover moderated posts

While the new plain-text setting works for messages that are directly posted (thanks!), moderated posts continue to come through in HTML. Please fix this so that all posts come through in plain text.

52nd ranked
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                              0 comments  ·  Groups Emails  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                            • Allow group owner to set default sort order for links and files.

We had a world class well-organized research archive on the John Muir Trail, but the new Group Format has ruined the useability of the research archive. For one, it does not default to sort alphabetically. This is a very important feature. Can you imagine going into a library and seeing books organized by "last bought" or "last checked out". No, that would be absurd. Well what you have done with links and files in the folders is equally absurd. The default sort order should be alphabetical. At least let the group owner set a default. If not go back to…

18th ranked
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                                Under review  ·  13 comments  ·  Groups management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                              • PLEASE go back to the Good OLD Groups that WORKED!! I'm begging!

Go back to SIMPLE. Plain old simple. No bright shiny bells and whistles, just the old, straight-up, easy-to-deal-with NON-NEO groups. There's so much garbage on the page now that I can't even find 90% of what I need to run my groups, much less help my members find stuff or solve problems.

Please. Ditch this 'neo' thing and give us the tremendous pleasure of returning to what we had, which worked well and predictably. That's all I ask.

47th ranked
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  3 comments  ·  Enhancement or New feature request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                • Dates changed on older photos

For reasons we cannot fathom, the upload date on all the old photos in our Group has been changed to February 25. Apparently, you must have made a system change on that date of some type? This makes it virtually impossible to search by date for any of our uploaded photos prior to February 25, Can you please change the dates back to our original upload date?

38th ranked
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    Under review  ·  5 comments  ·  Defects or Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                  • Links not alphabetical - Files & Links Description Truncated

I have contacted customer care about this issue and they suggested I contact Suggestions, and I will also place this message on the Yahoo Forum in order to reach a larger audience. The Files section by default is sorted as per alphabetical order. This includes the Folders and the Files within each folder. This makes it quick and easy to locate information and edit if needed, with the ability to go back and forth to each folder without it changing the alphabetical sorting to a disorganized listing which happens when it is sorted only by date. This sorting by alphabetical…

41st ranked
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      5 comments  ·  Enhancement or New feature request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                    • Database - problem for some members

Some of my members are saying they are unable to add Data to the Database - they do not get the pop-up box after clicking on Edit - I suggested that maybe the pop-up blocker could be to blame but apparently not - I have one on my computer but it does NOT affect NEO. Some are saying they cannot even get on to the Database at all - we use the Database extensively - it is the main feature for my groups for swapping art. Have you any idea what the problem may be please??

Another annoyance is the…

30th ranked
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        Gathering feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                      • Yahoo FILES URL do not work

While the group is notified immediately, the links provided by YAHOO are dead!!! Members receive the message, ""The requested URL was not found on this server..."

How about fixing all the problems rather than creating more problems. When will Yahoo end our frustration?

44th ranked
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          1 comment  ·  Defects or Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                        • Could you please order these 'ideas' by their ranking so that the ones with the most support are listed first?

There are many entered by hotheads who are angry & unrealistic. They redundantly mention topics already entered for consideration, sometimes many times over.. It is cumbersome to get through these many unsupported ideas to read those with merit. The idea ranked first was on page 9. So could you please list them sorted by their ranking? No. 1 first; No 2 next and so forth?

47th ranked
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                                            5 comments  ·  Support Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                          ← Previous 1 3 4 5 39 40
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base