US Groups

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

If you need assistance of any kind, please find self-paced help on our help site. This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Control your view and sort preferences

A very positive step was taken July 15. Now, please make this available to the moderator for the group for the whole group instead of letting the individual members of the group set their own preferences.

686th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Enhancement or New feature request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 2290th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Enhancement or New feature request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add moderation setting so postings by all non-members must be approved first

Please add a moderation setting to allow postings by all non-members of a Yahoo Group to be approved first - We use Yahoo groups for our committee but people who are not committee members need to be able to send a message to us collectively so we accept messages from non-members. Unfortunately we are now receiving a lot of spam that has made it through Yahoo's filters, so it would be really useful to be able to head that off before it reaches everyone's inboxes.

285th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Enhancement or New feature request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Enhance the SORT functionality

It would be great if we could sort messages by type I.E Offered, Wanted, Taken etc that way you can focus on the area you want without having to scroll through all the others. Thanks :)

621st ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Enhancement or New feature request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Pre-emptive approval for non-members to post

The flip-side to this (which has already been implemented):

https://yahoo.uservoice.com/forums/209451-us-groups/suggestions/4675394-ability-to-ban-non-members-preemptively

http://yahoogroups.tumblr.com/post/79361314383/additional-tools-for-member-management

Non-members can post to our group. We want it that way so that various officials can distribute news etc. but not be privy to our discussions.

Unfortunately, we are now getting a lot of malware from unknown sources taking advantage of this open posting facility, even though the group is unlisted.

To combat this, I've turned on moderation for new members. That should mean any posts from new non-member addresses also have to be moderated (unless I've misunderstood and it doesn't work like that.)

Because certain people with known…

2290th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Enhancement or New feature request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Please add a "Classifieds" feature so group members can post items for sale. I moderate a 2000 member group and it is often reqested.

The old Yahoo Groups had this feature but it was removed in the last version. Please put it back.

837th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Allow Twitter Feeds to Post to Groups

I have a group with a large following which enjoys regular posts. I have found that Twitter is an excellent disseminator of the same information. I don't want to give up groups, but don't like having to post both places. Facebook has a feature whereby my tweets automatically appear there. It would be great if groups could do the same.

1561st ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. DECLINED! - Allow us to sort LINKS alphabetically; make alphabetical the LINK sort default.

https://yahoo.uservoice.com/forums/209451-us-groups/suggestions/6205141-allow-us-to-sort-links-alphabetically-make-alphab#comments

Take this off of declined. The folders as someone posted in Neo were always sorted by alphabetical order - both the folders and the contents in the folders. Then you changed it back almost a year later to sorting by date only. Sorting by date is not able to be used when you have hundreds of links or files. Each time you locate one, as soon as you open it or change to another one it automatically goes back to being sorted by date! You cannot locate any one link or file when it is sorted by date. The…

199th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Enhancement or New feature request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Yahoo Has become so tacky and clottered!!!!!

Yahoo has become so tacky overall. The email portal is by far the worst. The portal is so tacky and got so much going on till its a tragic to work with....Sometimes when i go on, ill just simply log back off because i can barely read any email because of this annoying drag down box thats under the other emails.....its tacky and so aggravating!!!!! Please go back to more of the basic type of email portal that you had before because its just a down right disaster!!!

1005th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. This new format is NOT great! I tried. I quit.

Most of us are looking for a simpler, more user friendly interface. I am mostly inactive now since I don't have the time or patience to learn this new one which is just awful! Your previous format was simple. I am convinced that whoever designed this certainly doesn't use it.

2290th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. http://dangkydichvu.vn/tin-tuc/dich-vu-mobile-internet-mobifone-42.html

các công nghệ Mobile Internet truyền dữ liệu GPRS/EDGE/3G của mạng MobiFone.

2290th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Please add ability to bookmark/file individual posts

It would be great if we could bookmark a particular post to read or access again later. It woudl be even better if we could sort our bookmarks using labels.

312th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Unable to Search by Topic

Unable to search by topic or message content. Instead the only thing it appears that you can search by is the message number which is next to useless if you don't know or don't remember which message it was that contained the information you are looking for!

621st ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I would like to link a flikr group to a yahoo group

I would like to be able to link a Flikr account to a Yahoo Group. That way my Yahoo group could see all my Pictures

2290th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Will it ever be possible to have a signature line for Yahoo Groups ?

I have always wished there was a way to have a signature automatically appear in my posts in Groups like the option we have in email or in forums outside of yahoo.

2290th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Put full color Adds in the picture slot!

Instead of the Picture slot for each Yahoo Group, put the adds in that spot instead of having them pop up in the conversations area. This gives them better attention, and everyone realizes that they are NOT spam. Presently, they look like spam, and who wants to buy from a spammer?!

1561st ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. DATABASES STILL PROBLEMS after revamping

I appreciate yahoo trying to make the databases usable again

Indeed there are many good things in the improvements and I appreciate you got us the French accented characters back again.

However, the format is still difficult to read and use for following reasons:

1/ column headings do not align with the actual columns as soon as you click on one of the columns to have it ordered. After reordering one column, column headings stay the same at the top but when you scroll down, column widths vary and no longer fit the headings!

example: I try to sort out…

5th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  268 comments  ·  Enhancement or New feature request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
1 2 9 10 11 13 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base