US Groups

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

If you need assistance of any kind, please find self-paced help on our help site. This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. You Eliminated comments forums in 90% of articles! Limited hosting, why come here?

AS A YAHOO USER, we feel we haven't been listened to at all by you guys. I saw this morning that Yahoo stock took a big hit, please LISTEN to your users and know WHY.

Yahoo has been arrogant and unapologetic. We have tried to tell you the new site format was a disaster, for good reason... you have taken away the COMMENTS threads from about 90% of the articles... you don't even HOST a reposting anymore, you just host one paragraph with a "read more" button that redirects us to an external site. So what do YOU offer US,…

312th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    3 comments  ·  Enhancement or New feature request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. No way to mark messages as spam

There needs to be a way to mark as SPAM messages that get through as valid messages when the group is setup to not have a moderator approving messages.

540th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Enhancement or New feature request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Where is the post I just wrote? I would like to see a log of all the posts I have made or tried to make to the groups I belong to.

Where is the post I just wrote?

I would like to see a log of all the posts I have made or tried to make to the groups I belong to. If I submit via email, I will have this record. However, if I submit on the web interface, my record of the post is gone.

2287th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Enhancement or New feature request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Download a whole photos file at once

One thing that would be useful is if we could download a whole Yahoo Groups photos file in one go, instead of having to do each photo individually.

540th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Enhancement or New feature request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 1557th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Ability to Sort Groups by geographic location

It would seem to me like it would be a good idea to have the ability to sort thru groups by geographic location (ie. find what groups are local to you). No?

2287th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Increase the number of groups listed on the left navigation pane of the Groups Home page

It would be nice to control how many groups are listed on the left navigation pane instead of being restricted to 10. I don't need 150, but 20 would be nice and allowing the user to change it to their likings might be useful too.

1557th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Please enable a way to search terms in all groups, instead of just searching for group names

Please, it helps for research to be able to have a broad term search across all of Yahoo Groups. If I look up specific events for research purposes, I have to find groups that may/may not have the information I am looking for. It would be much easier for me to have an advanced search through all groups. Please consider this.

2287th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. We cannot afford to waste time,waste effort and waste energy...

Focusing on the great idea. Be idealistic.
    Target a great gain value on the percentage on every profitable shares.
    And grab and enjoy on the results.

2287th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Some member have reported getting a "sorry, an unknown error occured while processing the request".

Some of my pending members have reported getting a "sorry an unknown error occurred while processing the requrest when they've tried to join.

180th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Enhancement or New feature request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Make file upload notifications disabled as default

It makes more sense to choose that you WANT a notification sent upon uploading a file, not having to remember to uncheck a box because you don't.

Anybody else always forget this and annoy the heck out of group members?

If I forget to notify, I can always send a message to the group saying, "hey - I uploaded a file" with a link to it rather than, "oops, sorry you just got a bunch of notifications you didn't need to know about"

685th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Enhancement or New feature request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Is it possible to change subject headers

Im managing a discussion group where participants discuss on several subjects at the time. I've introduced several subjects for more focussed and structrued discussions. In retrospect, for better overview of the list of subjects, I would like to change some of the subjet headers. is this possible? If not, this would be a suggestion for improvement. thanks

2287th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Put the login name and password back together in one spot.

Put the login name and password back together in one spot.

2287th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Add the ability to create a signature to use on posts.

Currently if you write a message quickly, particularly a reply to another topic, it is difficult for the original poster to know who is replying. If we could add our name (and in our case our Amateur Radio Callsign) to the end of every post, it would save time and ensure our posts are identifiable.

1097th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 2287th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Allows us to fix typos in posts,

If Facebook allows me to fix typos in posts, why cannot Yahoo offer the same?

1097th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. When I tap on the push notifications why it's is not taking me to that particular mail?

When I tap on the push notifications why it's is not taking me to that particular mail? Instead it's just opening an Application.

It will be more comfortable when we can navigate to the particular mail directory from the push notifications, like other applications do...

2287th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Add some settings (at the gear icon) that we can actually set?

At the gear icon (an icon typically used to indicate "settings") the only options are "Help" or "Suggestions". This is odd.

I suggest one of the following:

A) Add the ability to change some settings to this menu (more on this below), or

B) Change the gear icon to something else - say, to a circle with a question mark in the middle - anything that more intuitively indicates "Help" and not "Settings" or "Preferences". Even having the words "Help" and/or "Suggestions" would be better than the gear icon.

Regarding option A), one setting that I'd really like to be…

1097th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. When pics/images are included in posts.

Make it possible by 'clicking' somewhere in or near a pic/image, to easily advance to the next pic, instead of having to open a pic, view it, then close it, then go back to the list of pics and opening the next one...etc.

2287th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. ADD "SORT on AUTHOR" in FILES

ADD "SORT on AUTHOR" in FILES

2287th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base