US Groups

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

If you need assistance of any kind, please find self-paced help on our help site. This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Yahoo Groups is being Discontinued. What are Yahoo Groups supposed to do? Can Yahoo Groups be moved to another platform?

Yahoo Groups is being Discontinued. What are users of Yahoo Groups supposed to do? Can a specific Group be moved to another platform?

this is short notice of Yahoo Groups being discontinued.

Please provide a viable path so that users don't lose years of conversations and historical documentation. Please post what the options are.

2306th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  Enhancement or New feature request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Archiving features. Zip all (files/photos/messages) into an archive for Moderators or Group Owners to download,

Archiving features. Zip all (files/photos/messages) into an archive for Moderators or Group Owners to download, to preserve the contents before Dec 14.

1102nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Enhancement or New feature request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. STOP the Boost Your Browser etc pop ups!

I don't mind (well, I do, but...) seeing your YAHOO THIS THAT USE YAHOO pop ups when I first log on to the Group where I'm an assigned teacher. BUT...EVERY FREAKING SINGLE TIME? Read. My. Lips. = Not Interested. For that reason alone--that you cannot conduct business in a mature manner--I'd not choose to use your service (and no, I sign on as a hired teacher to a company using groups. Not my choice.) I cannot even recommend you to similar venues for that reason. Unprofessional.

1102nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Enhancement or New feature request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. pUT IT BACK THE WAY IT WAS!

Get rid of all the ******* spam, underage ******** and put some speed back into it. What is wrong with you people? Why even have it if this is what it's going to be? You people should be absolutely ASHAMED of yourselves! You've ********* a great thing and made it ******* WORTHLESS

2306th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Enhancement or New feature request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. rather than blocking the email sender address request to provide the option to block the complete mail coming exp @gmail.com/ @yahoo.com etc

Hi
    There is an only option in yahoo to block only the email address of the email sender. There is no such option where we can block the site from the mail are coming therefore request to provide the option where we can block the complete mails coming from that server, for example: - if the mail coming from xyz@gmail.com rather than blocking only xyz@gmail.com if we provide the @gmail.com will be great.
    Because emails received these days come almost from the same server, and every time the sender of the mail is different which makes difficult to stop spam…

2306th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. I need to search through the 16000+ messages of my group for a Keyword

I need to search through 16000+ messages in my group for a particular keyword. I used to be able to do this, but apparently in the time I've been away from the group board to now, that feature has been removed. Please return "search for keyword" feature!
    Thanks,
    Shawn

2306th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 2306th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Try bringing groups into the 21st century, or just discontinue it.

It's like the 1990s web. Interface is godawful, you can post a picture. Get a UX team, get a designer, get developers who give a ****, or just go out of business. Seriously.

1102nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Please stop messing about with my mail box!

Please stop messing about with my mail box!

2306th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 2306th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. It would be really good if message history messages had a delete all to delete message history mails without it taking hours to delete

give us a delete all option in message history mails so we as group owners do not have to spend hours deleting message history thanks for hearing

2116th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. You can improve Groups by putting things back to the way they were and STOP messing with things that are working without problems.

You can improve Groups by putting things back to the way they were and STOP messing with things that are working without problems

384th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Allow Moderators to insert/add subscriber's full names when missing in list

We have a number of people that did not add first and last name as they subscribed, Seems impossible to get them to go in and modify their account and add the name information. PLEASE allow moderator/owner to edit and add the name to the record..

Otherwise, we have to maintain TWO list.

359th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Need Moderator Functions

I moderate a group of non-techie senior citizens who can't manage setting up yahoo IDs, so they join our yahoogroup as email-only users. I need to be able to do the following as a moderator:
    - change a member's email address
    - add or change a display name for a member of the group

359th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Feature: allow "posting" column of groups list to be sortable

Would be nice to have the member list be sortable by any field (currently one can only sort by "joined"). Sort by first, last, delivery, posting and email are all handy at times.

Or... support spreadsheet export.

---

The new Neo is really not working out very well. But maybe it can be fixed.

1569th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Some member have reported getting a "sorry, an unknown error occured while processing the request".

Some of my pending members have reported getting a "sorry an unknown error occurred while processing the requrest when they've tried to join.

181st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Enhancement or New feature request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Download a whole photos file at once

One thing that would be useful is if we could download a whole Yahoo Groups photos file in one go, instead of having to do each photo individually.

542nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. When pics/images are included in posts.

Make it possible by 'clicking' somewhere in or near a pic/image, to easily advance to the next pic, instead of having to open a pic, view it, then close it, then go back to the list of pics and opening the next one...etc.

2306th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. yahoo chat rooms

kindly restart yahoo chat rooms. it was the best feature in a way to connect to the people all over the world

1102nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. We need more space for motions that are posted via Group polls. Can you please allow more characters than 200? Like maybe 1000?

We need more space for motions that are posted via Group polls. Can you please allow more characters than 200? Like maybe 1000?

1102nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 12 13
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base