US Groups

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

If you need assistance of any kind, please find self-paced help on our help site. This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. DO NOT SHUT DOWN YAHOO GROUPS!!!!!

PLEASE DO NOT SHUT DOWN YAHOO GROUPS!!!! For years 15+ freelance people in my industry have used the message boards to get jobs and refer people. This is a very important part of being able to work as a freelancer. I am very upset that Yahoo has not given us very much time to find other means or to save the library of files that we use. I am so disappointed in Yahoo. First you ***** up mail and now this.

2285th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Support Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Yahoo Groups is being Discontinued. What are Yahoo Groups supposed to do? Can Yahoo Groups be moved to another platform?

Yahoo Groups is being Discontinued. What are users of Yahoo Groups supposed to do? Can a specific Group be moved to another platform?

this is short notice of Yahoo Groups being discontinued.

Please provide a viable path so that users don't lose years of conversations and historical documentation. Please post what the options are.

2285th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Enhancement or New feature request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Yahoo Groups has recently announced that it will discontinue most of its functionality, will future email conversations be archived?

Yahoo Groups has recently announced that it will discontinue most of its functionality, will future email conversations be archived? Your page at https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN31010.html?impressions=true describes all the functions that will disappear, including files, databases and conversation archives. BUT it says that Yahoo Groups can still be used to send group emails -- what it does not answer is whether those future conversations will be archived going forward.

1556th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Groups Emails  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. How can we preserve group message base?

I was notified this morning that Yahoo groups is effectively shutting down. I am a group owner. While I can download all files and photos for preservation, how can I get the complete message database? There is valuable information there dating back almost 20 years.

2285th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Messages and conversations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allowing Groups Owners to Post Files and Groups Photo

In the new rules that Yahoo announced, the owners still need to be able to post such important files as the Group's Guidelines as well as the Group Photo. Will that be possible?

2285th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Groups management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Has Yahoo posted an explanation for the new policy on user-created content?

Has Yahoo posted an explanation for the new policy on user-created content?

2285th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Other groups features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. The End of Yahoo Groups

What idea, someone has for all intents and purposes decided and we have heard the death knell for Yahoo Groups. Is this another Verizon management decisions similar to using Wi-Fi to make my phone calls?Brilliant, have another Guinness while I look around for a new email address, a browser and a cell phone service provider.

1094th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Group Membership  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Rethink your changes.

It appears that Yahoo is turning Yahoo groups entirely useless, by preventing users from doing anything, including making posts to the forum, in discussion. I don't see how that is workable. Everyone will be forced to go to another groups site.

2285th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 4928th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Photos experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Dec 14th Less is not more. https://help.yahoo.com/kb/groups/SLN31010.html?impressions=true

At one time keeping customers was prized. At one time, businesses saw making customers happy was the key to longevity. And at one time, logic had companies offering more features to attract customers. Please tell your board room that T-Mobile practices this model very successfully Yahoo does NOT. I PAY for my email,

1556th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. How can we save our content if Yahoo says that the uploaded content does not belong to them?

We were just notified that Yahoo will no longer host content that has been uploaded, as of December 14, 2019. How can we save that content if, when we click on the download button, Yahoo's system comes up with the message that ""We are sorry, you cannot display imageshosted by Yahoo groups on non-Yahoo Groups pages" or another ********, Bogus errot Your browser sent a request that this server cannot understand" . "xa.yimg.com is a BUSINESS PARTNER with yahoo that delivers the systems images to Yahoo members. If this isn't fixed by Saturday. I will issue a complaint with the…

1094th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Support Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. It's going to be hard to download the pictures we want before you shut down if they don't appear ever

Make all the pictures work before the shut down so we can download them.

1556th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. why are you killing yahoo groups??!!

cant believe you are killing yahoo groups! you say Ive only got until a certain date to save my files yet i cant even access my files! for almost 20 years ive used yahoo groups and now i feel like you've thrown me under the bus. gee thanks yahoo. ill think about you maybe as you seem to be skipping down the same path as ***** and sears. good luck staying in business.
    dave a very disgruntled yahoo user

2285th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Looks Like you are taking down the Groups!!

Just got an email saying all groups will be private, no photo or calendar posting. Yahoo is once again destroying an idea that works

2285th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Group Membership  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 2285th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Keep Yahoo Groups alive as it is!

I've got a notification that yahoo will not host any user's content since December 21 I think it will kill yahoo groups and this is the only reason why i, and i guess a lot of other people, comes here every day, so please keep yahoo groups alive, as it is now!

1556th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Find the photos!

All the photos in the photos section have disappeared. We want them back!

4928th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Defects or Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Cant view photos in yahoogroups

New Oct 14 2019

Cant view photos in yahoogroups using chrome on an android phone or tablet. Looks like people have posted pictures. I am the moderator of the group and I cant even look or download the photos. Why? Is this a new bug or change? What do I do to fix this?

2285th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Defects or Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Uploading

Now the photos can be uploaded, but you can't see them : as if they're not available...getting better and better! :-(

2285th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. pUT IT BACK THE WAY IT WAS!

Get rid of all the ******* spam, underage ******** and put some speed back into it. What is wrong with you people? Why even have it if this is what it's going to be? You people should be absolutely ASHAMED of yourselves! You've ********* a great thing and made it ******* WORTHLESS

2285th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Enhancement or New feature request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 247 248
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base