US Groups

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

If you need assistance of any kind, please find self-paced help on our help site. This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Give us back the ability to control whose posts must be moderrated.

There used to be a setting whereby we could moderat eindividual members or the group as a whole. I don't see either one anymore. Please stop breaking features that have been around forever and put this back. every thime you change something you break even more. Just stop it.

2417th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Groups management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Need assistance

I read tons of Jew hatred, holocaust denial and nasty comments written about survivors, Jews and Israel. One name stands out- a play on jews being cheap etc. he constantly denigrated jews. Why can’t his account and other haters be restricted. Why do neo nazis get to spew their hate unrestricted. I lost my entire family in world war 2 and they treat it as a lie a joke and you do nothing shekel trader is a typical Jew hater

2417th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 2417th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Hello, I was recently made a moderator of a Yahoo group with all privileges. I can send invitations for people to accept and join the group

I was recently made a moderator of a Yahoo group with all privileges. I can send invitations for people to accept and join the group, but it gives me no confirmation that the email was sent and no place to look for sent invitations waiting to be accepted. There's ostensibly nothing to click to get to this vital information. One thing I do see is that it said, "You can invite 98 more members today." After I invited 2 people, it said, "You can invite 96 more members today." That's sketchy confirmation at best, though.

Someone in another post mentioned…

2417th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Decision to eliminate Yahoo Groups

I'm not sure who made the decision to eliminate groups or why, but I suspect cost was a driver. I think the decision was a bad one. Users didn't create groups, Yahoo did. Yahoo not only created the group system, they encouraged people to join. They did join. By the millions they joined. Now, for some reason, the decision has been made to push all of them away. Years of files, photos and lessons have been stricken. This action is akin to a digital book burning event. Why would you do this? You're only pushing people away, perhaps to Google,…

2417th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Group Membership  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. I host a Community Radio Show in Afrikaans and send emails to the Group. Lately I can't add new emails to the group..... Why is that?

WOULD LIKE TO ADD EMAIL ADDRESSES TO MY GROUP OF RADIO LISTENERS. IT WAS ALWAYS POSSIBLE .... BUT LATELY IT'S NOT POSSIBLE..! WHY ?
    Please make it possible to add email addresses to the group again.
    Rochelle

2417th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Groups Emails  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. RFC 5322 non-compliance with max line length of 998 octets

Some emails from Yahoo Groups are refused by my SMTP mail server because they contain lines exceeding the maximum line length of 998 octets specified by RFC 5322 (Internet Message Format, and RFC 2822 and RFC 821 before that):
    > Each line of characters MUST be no more than 998 characters, and SHOULD be no more than 78 characters, excluding the CRLF.
    https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5322
    Two examples:

2020-01-10 13:06:44
    sonic319-35.consmr.mail.gq1.yahoo.com [98.137.66.216]
    sentto-40982-4272-1578661600-@returns.groups.yahoo.com
    rejected after DATA: maximum allowed line length is 998 octets, got 5400

2019-05-27 15:14:31
    sonic319-36.consmr.mail.bf2.yahoo.com [74.6.131.91]
    sentto-29216778-3571-1558970057-@returns.groups.yahoo.com
    rejected after DATA: maximum allowed line length is 998 octets, got 1682

Please…

2417th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Defects or Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Clear out our deleted members more quickly, so we can send another invitation to a similar address.

I deleted someone who wasn't getting her group email (because a dot was left out of her email address). I sent an invitation to join with the correct address (with a dot between names). It told her she was a member or couldn't join, Have tried to get her on the group several times, to no avail. Nothing i can find in help! Not sure why this is such a problem.

2417th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Yahoo Group Destruction :-(

I believe that the changes you have made to the Groups affect one of your best services. A service for which you were still competitive.

2417th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. How do i delete this group your policy blows!

How do i delete this group your policy blows!

2417th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Yahoo Groups Archive?

Hello Yahoo Friends. I have a question about Yahoo Groups. Our group no longer has the archive available. Has that feature been discontinued or are we just not locating it?

2150th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 2417th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 2417th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. my group members are beside themselves about discontinuing Digest format. Can you reinstate this feature?

Digest Format is an important feature of Yahoo. Our entire group is about to cancel their Yahoo accounts and find another chat room to move to. Can you please reinstate DIGEST form for receiving messages?

2417th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messages and conversations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Bring back yahoo messenger

Yahoo messenger was a fun and interesting place to meet people. Now yahoo is just another boring search engine.

2417th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Digest

Daily digest seems to have stopped working on 1/13/2020

2417th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Unable to unsubscribe

Even when clicking unsubscribe it goes to an email address which then bounces back. No settings available on yahoo website.

2417th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. The Download request Fails

feature only works for attachments NOT for uploaded content directly to the group! Fix this before the deadline

2417th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 2150th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. My email preferences were changed by Yahoo without my permission.

My email preferences were changed by Yahoo without my permission. And now the link to put them back is not appearing. I am very unhappy!
    If I cannot get back to a daily digest, I will have to leave all Yahoo groups. I can handle 1 email a day, but I cannot handle 12 emails per day.

2150th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 258 259
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base