US Groups

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our community support forum or find self-paced help on our help site. This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues.

Hi, please let us know how we can improve Groups.

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Yahoo! Groups are important to communities! Please Ensure Long Term Sustainability.

With all the news in the media about changes at Yahoo! I wanted to start a feedback item here so that all of us who depend on and love Yahoo! Groups can let Yahoo! know how important this product is to so many. Please help our communities, many of which have been thriving on Groups for so many years to remain sustainable. So many Groups help people in every day life stay connected and informed on crucial subject matters. Please let Yahoo! know how important this product is and to please guarantee it's continued sustainability. Please vote! Thank you!

1st ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • yahoo
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      382 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • DATABASES STILL PROBLEMS after revamping

I appreciate yahoo trying to make the databases usable again

Indeed there are many good things in the improvements and I appreciate you got us the French accented characters back again.

However, the format is still difficult to read and use for following reasons:

1/ column headings do not align with the actual columns as soon as you click on one of the columns to have it ordered. After reordering one column, column headings stay the same at the top but when you scroll down, column widths vary and no longer fit the headings!

example: I try to sort out…

2nd ranked
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • yahoo
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        Under review  ·  267 comments  ·  Enhancement or New feature request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Group Website

Hi !
        In the control panel, in About Group, in "Group Website:" section, I have an error message when type my website with the ".ws" extention.
        Error message (in red letters): "Group website is invalid".
        But my website exists:

http://www.webcamdolls.ws

When I save changes, it's ok, the link works, but why is there an error message ?

Thanks in advance

Best Regards

Anna

3rd ranked
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • yahoo
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          1 comment  ·  Defects or Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Fix the scroll function

Again I ask that the scroll function be repaired so that people can scroll down through ALL messages without being shunted back to the top. Your message board is frustrating to use and as a result my desire to be here is very limited. Pity, because I really need the help offered by the group I am trying to use for a serious health issue. Come on, people, this is the 21st century. We have the technology to accomplish this very simple thing.

4th ranked
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • yahoo
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            62 comments  ·  Defects or Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Bring back the option to schedule Files to auto-send to pending members

When scheduling Files, the option to auto-send a File to a pending member is no longer available. There used to be a scheduling option labelled "Pending Subscriptions".

And if a group had previously setup Files to be sent to pending member, the Management > Control Panel > Notifications page does show a section for Files that are sent on "Pending Subscriptions" BUT these Files are never sent to people who have pending subscriptions.

A lot of groups depend on this feature because they require pending members to read and reply to auto-sent Files. And because the Notifications page says that…

5th ranked
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • yahoo
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              35 comments  ·  Defects or Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Please fix the ability to remove members.

It is currently not possible to remove members from the groups or to remove banned members from the banned list. Please fix this as a matter of urgency. Attempts to remove give an error loading content and the member remains on the group.

6th ranked
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • yahoo
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                42 comments  ·  Defects or Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • Unable to Post Photos

As of today--9-30-16--I'm unable to post new photos to my groups. Please fit this ASAP.
                Douglas

7th ranked
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • yahoo
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                  95 comments  ·  Defects or Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • Please do not truncate or shorten the subject heading of group messages as it appears on the conversation view.

Please do not truncate or shorten the subject heading of group messages as it appears on the conversation view. It defeats the purpose of a public message.

8th ranked
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • yahoo
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                    47 comments  ·  Messages and conversations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • I can't update the group cover photo or add photos at all to the photo albums!!!

I can't update the group cover photo or add photos at all to the photo albums!!! This only affects two of my three groups. The third group is working fine.

9th ranked
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • yahoo
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                      56 comments  ·  Photos experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    • Bring back the old format for yahoo groups.

Provide an option to select the old yahoo groups format. I've quit reading yahoo groups since the "new" version came out. It's a mess.

10th ranked
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • yahoo
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                        23 comments  ·  Enhancement or New feature request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                      • Our reminders are coming out with a completely wrong time from the actual times of the events in the calendar, which is causing confusion.

Our reminders are coming out with a completely different time for the events than what is in the calendar-it is just randomly making up times! This is causing mush confusion. Please Fix!

11th ranked
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • yahoo
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                          Under review  ·  40 comments  ·  Groups Calendar or Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                        • Cannot delete files

When I try to delete a file I get an error message "Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content". Where can I get help to fix this problem so I can delete out of date files?

12th ranked
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • yahoo
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                            42 comments  ·  Defects or Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                          • Replies to Yahoo Groups puts 'garbage' in plain text alterative

This is a bug in how Yahoo Mail sends replies to messages sent by Yahoo Groups. The bug is on the Yahoo Mail side. Presumably it could happen when encountering other data as well.

This bug happens when replying using Yahoo Mail (full featured) to a Yahoo Groups message. It appears to be caused when objects of the Yahoo Groups footer are encountered when sending replies.

These objects are stripped out of the HTML alternative. (That is good.)

However, the "Style" information that presumably belongs at the end of HTML alternative is added to the end of the Plain Text…

13th ranked
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • yahoo
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                              15 comments  ·  Defects or Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                            • "Join group" not working today - Purple error bar "Sorry, an error occurred.." message

"Join group" isn't working today - Purple error bar "Sorry, an error occurred.." appears when applicants try to join or try to accept a pre-approved invite to join a group. I've received multiple complaints about this today and hoping you can help resolve. It's happening in all our many groups. Thanks!

14th ranked
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • yahoo
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                                36 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                              • Attachments will not upload

As of 11/4/16, attachments will not upload. Why is this an every week event?

15th ranked
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • yahoo
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  23 comments  ·  Defects or Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                • Remove the requirement to identify as either male or female during account creation.

I need software to manage committee calendars, agendas and minutes. I would use your software as it appears to be exactly what I need. However, your requirement to select male or female during account creation means I will have to look elsewhere. I sit on a committee dedicated to creating a welcoming space for people of all genders. Forcing the committee members to identify as either male or female is exactly the kind of problem we are striving to fix. Please reconsider your use of binary genders, and allow each person to identify as they see fit. I would ask…

16th ranked
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • yahoo
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    2 comments  ·  Enhancement or New feature request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                  • Yahoo! Groups Emails go to SPAM / BULK folders in Yahoo! Mail - Please fix

Hi! Recently, many of our members are not receiving their individual posts or digests, only to later find them in SPAM. Especially when their email client is Yahoo!. Can you fix this? Seems silly that they are required to have a Yahoo! account to join a Yahoo! Group but then your own Mail system places emails from groups in to SPAM. This has increased recently to the point where people think they've been removed from the group because they aren't getting ANY mail in their inboxes. Thank you!

17th ranked
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • yahoo
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      Under review  ·  8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                    • Please repair the time zone function. I have seen our reminders post for a different time zone than the one we chose.

please repair the time zone function. I changed it just now to be a different time zone since the event reminders are posting for the wrong time. The system bumped out my change and put in a completely different one!!

18th ranked
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • yahoo
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        Under review  ·  17 comments  ·  Groups Calendar or Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                      • Respected sir i have few suggestions to improve group.

to improve groups you have to remove the following bugs.

1) Unable to Edit some of the emails....
                                        i am unable to edit some emails. when i click on edit button , i cant write a single letter or remove a single word from that email , its like untouchable for me. i have only two option two approve that email or to delete it

2) some times when i edit an email , and save it , the hotlinked images are gone after refreshing the page. and we miss all the beauty of that email. this happens to emails…

19th ranked
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • yahoo
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          83 comments  ·  Defects or Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                        • Unable to post Files or Attachments

Yahoo Groups is not accepting files posted to the FILES section or ATTACHMENTS added to MESSAGES.
                                          Dated 1 October 2016

19th ranked
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • yahoo
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                                            32 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                          ← Previous 1 3 4 5 164 165
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base