US Groups

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

If you need assistance of any kind, please find self-paced help on our help site. This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. My files have disappeared. Where are they?

My files have all disappeared and no one left the group or did anything to them at all. We tried to open them this morning and they are all gone. Folder, files, and years of information. Where are they? We need them back in order for our group to function. Your customer service is the worst with it comes to contacting you and getting help. Please respond, help, or restore our files.

21st ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

16 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Now the photos are not uploading

Can you please fix this. It says they loaded but they don't load into the groups.

20th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

399 comments  ·  Defects or Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Bring back the option to schedule Files to auto-send to pending members

When scheduling Files, the option to auto-send a File to a pending member is no longer available. There used to be a scheduling option labelled "Pending Subscriptions".

And if a group had previously setup Files to be sent to pending member, the Management > Control Panel > Notifications page does show a section for Files that are sent on "Pending Subscriptions" BUT these Files are never sent to people who have pending subscriptions.

A lot of groups depend on this feature because they require pending members to read and reply to auto-sent Files. And because the Notifications page says that…

23rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

38 comments  ·  Defects or Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Please fix the ability to remove members.

It is currently not possible to remove members from the groups or to remove banned members from the banned list. Please fix this as a matter of urgency. Attempts to remove give an error loading content and the member remains on the group.

24th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

42 comments  ·  Defects or Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Fix "Your access to this calendar is being processed. Please check back later." that's been posted for the last several days!

Fix "Your access to this calendar is being processed. Please check back later." that's been posted for the last several days!

25th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

84 comments  ·  Groups Calendar or Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Bring back the old format for yahoo groups.

Provide an option to select the old yahoo groups format. I've quit reading yahoo groups since the "new" version came out. It's a mess.

27th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

26 comments  ·  Enhancement or New feature request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Please do not truncate or shorten the subject heading of group messages as it appears on the conversation view.

Please do not truncate or shorten the subject heading of group messages as it appears on the conversation view. It defeats the purpose of a public message.

26th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

47 comments  ·  Messages and conversations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Our reminders are coming out with a completely wrong time from the actual times of the events in the calendar, which is causing confusion.

Our reminders are coming out with a completely different time for the events than what is in the calendar-it is just randomly making up times! This is causing mush confusion. Please Fix!

28th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  41 comments  ·  Groups Calendar or Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. NO Mail Coming Through To Our Group

We too are having an issue with emails being posted to our list. We have over 5000 members and it's so important for us to be able to respond. Nothing has gone through for a couple of days now from most of us. Nothing is showing up on the homepage either. We are a kidney list for dogs and we need to be able to help our members daily! Please Yahoo.....fix this problem! At the very least, respond to us and tell us what is going on or what is being done to resolve this!

29th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

58 comments  ·  Groups Emails  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Message History

When you go to check out your message history, seems the group stopped showing anything past early January of the year. Can you please fix this?

32nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Defects or Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Attachments will not upload

As of 11/4/16, attachments will not upload. Why is this an every week event?

30th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

36 comments  ·  Defects or Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. "Activity log" no longer working

It looks like the Activity log (at least for Membership; since after Oct.2018?) is no longer being updated ?

Is this something specific to our account, or more general ?

35th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Defects or Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Group's Website

Hi !
    In the control panel, in About Group, in "Group Website:" section, I have an error message when type my website with the ".chat" extention.
    Error message (in red letters): "Group website is invalid".
    But my website exists:

http://www.webcamdolls.chat

When I save changes, it's ok, the link works, but why is there an error message ?

Thanks in advance

Best Regards

Anna

30th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Defects or Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Respected sir i have few suggestions to improve group.

to improve groups you have to remove the following bugs.

1) Unable to Edit some of the emails....
    i am unable to edit some emails. when i click on edit button , i cant write a single letter or remove a single word from that email , its like untouchable for me. i have only two option two approve that email or to delete it

2) some times when i edit an email , and save it , the hotlinked images are gone after refreshing the page. and we miss all the beauty of that email. this happens to emails…

44th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

83 comments  ·  Defects or Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Replies to Yahoo Groups puts 'garbage' in plain text alterative

This is a bug in how Yahoo Mail sends replies to messages sent by Yahoo Groups. The bug is on the Yahoo Mail side. Presumably it could happen when encountering other data as well.

This bug happens when replying using Yahoo Mail (full featured) to a Yahoo Groups message. It appears to be caused when objects of the Yahoo Groups footer are encountered when sending replies.

These objects are stripped out of the HTML alternative. (That is good.)

However, the "Style" information that presumably belongs at the end of HTML alternative is added to the end of the Plain Text…

33rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Defects or Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Please repair the time zone function. I have seen our reminders post for a different time zone than the one we chose.

please repair the time zone function. I changed it just now to be a different time zone since the event reminders are posting for the wrong time. The system bumped out my change and put in a completely different one!!

42nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  18 comments  ·  Groups Calendar or Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Yahoo! Groups Emails go to SPAM / BULK folders in Yahoo! Mail - Please fix

Hi! Recently, many of our members are not receiving their individual posts or digests, only to later find them in SPAM. Especially when their email client is Yahoo!. Can you fix this? Seems silly that they are required to have a Yahoo! account to join a Yahoo! Group but then your own Mail system places emails from groups in to SPAM. This has increased recently to the point where people think they've been removed from the group because they aren't getting ANY mail in their inboxes. Thank you!

39th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. "Join group" not working today - Purple error bar "Sorry, an error occurred.." message

"Join group" isn't working today - Purple error bar "Sorry, an error occurred.." appears when applicants try to join or try to accept a pre-approved invite to join a group. I've received multiple complaints about this today and hoping you can help resolve. It's happening in all our many groups. Thanks!

34th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

37 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Not able to load photos change homepage banners and error messages when loading files as well

Yahoo........why does this keep happening? We are dealing with serious health issues for dogs and we rely strongly on members being able to load files and the "error has occured" keeps coming up. Sometimes refreshing the page shows the file as being there. Not able to load any photos nor change the banner on the homepage either. Being a moderator doesn't help us change any of this.This is a list of over 5000 members and we have been here 18 years. The lack of support from yahoo is getting frustrating and we are forced to look at other options but…

37th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Defects or Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Events calendar is back but . . . . reminder delivery is not.

Events Calendar has been glitching since you introduced the "You must choose at least one delivery option" with the two tick-boxes for E-Mail and Yahoo Messenger.

I wondered why our group was no longer getting Events reminders. Yahoo has wiped all my settings to deliver via E-mail, and will only accept a tick for delivery via Yahoo Messenger.

Since not all our members have Yahoo messenger, E-mail is the best option, but seems no longer allowed.

Could you PLEASE go back to Reminders as they were -- no need to tick delivery options. If we are marking Reminders, obviously we…

36th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  25 comments  ·  Groups Calendar or Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base