US Groups

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our community support forum or find self-paced help on our help site. This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

Hi, please let us know how we can improve Groups.

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I am seeing a blank white panel, which floats above the main window. n both IE and Chrome

Fix the current messed up code for my Yahoo Groups page. I am seeing a large white/blank panel which stays on top of the Groups pages...

Also the text in the upper left (where my various Groups are listed) is concatenated... the text is jammed together. The menu items at the top edge are also concatenated.

Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    119 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Get rid of blank white box in the middle of screen -Groups jan 21

The Groups page suddenly has a white box smack in the middle of it, I cannot format my email properly. I have tried on both a Mac and PC using Firefox, updated version. There is also what looks like mobile text links across the top and scrambled on the edge of page.

Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    17 comments  ·  Defects or Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. add files tab to mobile site

On the mobile site, there is no way to easily access files like on the classic desktop site. Can you add the files tab to the mobile site for iPhone?

Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Other groups features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We made improvement based on your feedback!

Yesterday we rolled out the ability to access, sort, view, play and upload Files on mobile devices.

- Yahoo! Groups Product Team

4. Feedback regarding Pin board ( consolidated)

Original title:

Not implemented: "Turn the Pinboard on or off"

I have had access to the moderator features for the pinboard for some time. Please *do not merge this again with my suggestion to roll out this functionality to moderators*.

You have not delivered on the following promise that I quote from your own help documentation:

https://help.yahoo.com/kb/groups/SLN24712.html?impressions=true
    -------
    Turn the Pinboard on or off

You can completely disable the Pinboard via the Access Control page, by choosing to turn the Pinboard off.

Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    51 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Completed  ·  Anonymous responded

Thank you for your feedback regarding this experimental feature. We will consider your feedback as we work on enhancing the Yahoo Groups experience.

Yahoo Groups Product team

5. Yahoo Groups is not working properly today and should be fixed.

Today I visited Yahoo Groups to check my group and the Yahoo Groups layout was completely messed up and was not working properly. I cannot attach a snip of this problem to feedback; how can I send a snip of this problem to Yahoo? Is the Yahoo Groups server failing? Yahoo Groups worked properly, then polls became inaccessible, and now Yahoo Groups will not even load properly. I will naturally need to use a Google+ community instead of a Yahoo Group if this problem remains or worsens.

Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Defects or Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Fix your page!

This morning, my Yahoo groups is impaired by a Yahoo popup that is stuck in the loading mode before it loads the little x to get rid of it.

You people have really made a mess of Yahoo groups. Everyone tells you that, but you keep getting worse.

Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. NEO

this morning i opened my group page (I am a moderator) The page is blocked by a blank rectangle which covers most of the content on the page. I also see the word neo in the corner. I can't remove the rectangle and I can't read the any of the pages because of it.

Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Defects or Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Please give moderators and owners access to the pinboard functionality

We need this as soon as possible so that we can evaluate the functionality and develop moderation policies for our group's pinboard.

Some of us are finding that members have access to this functionality, but we don't. For example, I cannot create pin to messages and photos. I am sure you can appreciate that this is not a good situation for moderators to be in.

Thank you!

Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Completed  ·  41 comments  ·  Groups management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Fix what is broken today.

Fix what is broken today. Normally, I can at least read the posts on the groups but today I can't even do that. It is covered by all sorts of other stuff over the top of the group information. I have tried 2 separate browers and they both exhibit the same problem.

Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Defects or Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. My Yahoo! Groups home page is screwed up, multiple windows from sign-in page overlay the Groups page

In both Chrome and Safari, the Home page for My Yahoo! Groups is screwed up. Multiple windows from the sign-in page overlay the Home page image, making it difficult to read messages or navigate. Please fix this bug. It started this morning.

Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Defects or Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. files and mobile version of Yahoo Groups

the mobile version of Yahoo Groups no have access to the Group's files. We want access to files of our favorite groups!

Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Enhancement or New feature request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Yesterday we rolled out the ability to access, sort, view, play and upload Files on mobile devices.

12. Message formating

What? Did you forget the basic concept of word processing? Stop deleting the paragraph breaks in messages typed in the portal window! It makes reading anything longer than two sentences impossible to read. It used to happen only in mobile versions, now it's the desktop and it shouldn't happen in either.

Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Completed  ·  38 comments  ·  Defects or Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Unable to upload files

I am unable to upload files. I can usually upload files but then it just stops. I am not trying to upload files that are too large. I don't get an error message. The purple line moves all the way to the right then it just sits there. Nothing happens. Please fix this so I can upload files.

Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    19 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’ve tested and upload of files is working fine. Please comment with specific URLs, browser version where you see failures.

14. searching conversations leads to "oops poll feature not enabled"

Searching conversations leads to "oops poll feature not enabled"

This has suddenly become a problem this evening 26/8/14. I'm a moderator of a freecycle group, and being unable to search conversations makes it very hard to ensure the group functions properly. Please fix this problem.

Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Completed  ·  17 comments  ·  Defects or Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Making an App for Yahoo Groups

There are a lot of beneficial ways that the mobile iPhone version of the Yahoo Groups website. However, there is no way to easily access the files. Is there anyway to make an app, or add the tab for files on the mobile website.

Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Other groups features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

16. "Join group" isn't working today - Purple error bar "Sorry, an error occurred.." happening

Hi! We are getting multiple reports today of people unable to join our groups. They get the standard purple bar error message "Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content" after they enter the secret code. Can you look in to this. Is it system wide? Please fix. Can't get people on the groups if we can't get that to work! Thank you!

Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    57 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’ve addressed this issue that is affecting some of our users. Please get back if you see this issue or other issues.

Thank you for your participation.

17. My Groups

It would be so much easier and less time consuming if you went back to the pages you had before. I have alot of groups and scrolling through them is very time consuming. Having pages you can go to your groups easier and in a more timely fashion. Please go back to the pages view with all the information that was listed on them.
    Thank you.

Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    14 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We are looking into this request to increase number of groups loaded initially in the ‘All my Groups’ page.

18. Why do replies go to Group Owner?

Why has the way emails from group members are now displayed with the name of the member and their email address but when you hover over that, it's showing the group email? It's totally confusing and not good! Can you change it back to the way it was?

Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    301 comments  ·  Groups Emails  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

There was an issue with “Reply To” email address not being set appropriately for Groups that had set the default “Reply to” to the sender. The issue has been resolved.

Thank you for your patience.

Yahoo Groups product team

19. Cannot access yahoo groups through Mozilla

When I try to go to yahoo groups via the Firefox (Mozilla) browser it gives me an error message (The page isn't redirecting properly

Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.)

This is true whether I go to the bookmarked address, cut an paste the address, or type in an address

Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    58 comments  ·  Defects or Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Offensive images are appearing in our groups, and our members did not put them there. Please fix this

Offensive images are appearing in our groups, and our members did not put them there. I contacted Yahoo about Abuse and was told the Owner can fix this problem. The owner cannot fix this... it appears to be a yahoo problem and it is spreading from group to group. Please fix this.

Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    27 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

There was a glitch in the system that has been fixed. Do write back if there are issues seen.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 24 25
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base