Hi, please let us know how we can improve Groups.

DATABASES STILL PROBLEMS after revamping

I appreciate yahoo trying to make the databases usable again

Indeed there are many good things in the improvements and I appreciate you got us the French accented characters back again.

However, the format is still difficult to read and use for following reasons:

1/ column headings do not align with the actual columns as soon as you click on one of the columns to have it ordered. After reordering one column, column headings stay the same at the top but when you scroll down, column widths vary and no longer fit the headings!

example: I try to sort out column number 3 according to zip code, all columns realign but not with the headings, one still cannot understand what each column is about

2/ I dont understand the first column: these numbers are of no use at all, I used to have the first column for the name of the group member who put in the information, this is what I wanted first but now it is no longer! It takes space for no use.

3/ I appreciate having more length for reading each column but this is far toooooo long now, you need to use the cursor to go very far to the right, while it used to be possible to read the whole table without using cursors.

4/ In particular, to move the cursor to the right, you need to go ALL THE WAY down the database, even if it was the first entry you wanted to go and read towards the right! Now if you want to go back and read the second entry (out of 400 or so entries) you need to scroll back all the way to the top, and then when you want to go to the right to see what is in the 5th or 6th column,, you need to go ALL THE WAY down to get the cursor towards the RIGHT, you must be KIDDING ME ?

Therefore, I much prefered having pages, rather than scroll down the entire list !

5/ It would be nicer to have the entire page free to read the database and thus PLEASe could you get rid of the list of all the groups I own or am a member of, on the left of the screen, this is really totally unnneeded once I am in a group and even more when we are trying to read a database.

Overall comment: you have really worked hard and I appreciate.
HOWEVER, it is really still very difficult to use and far LESS convenient than it USED TO BE

Deborah from PAris

1st ranked
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • yahoo
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    JanJan shared a merged idea: Database - again!!!!  ·   · 
    JanJan shared a merged idea: Database icons on rows and access to the Database by some  ·   · 
    VibekeVibeke shared a merged idea: Database problems  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: overwriting database entries  ·   · 
    Susan DillSusan Dill shared a merged idea: Database  ·   · 
    Diane ArthursDiane Arthurs shared a merged idea: Fix database functionality  ·   · 
    JanJan shared a merged idea: Database - problem for some members  ·   · 
    JanJan shared a merged idea: Database  ·   · 
    SandySandy shared a merged idea: Database: Useless row numbers. Need to be able to adjust column widths.  ·   · 

261 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • yahoo
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There is still a major problem with the databases: when having 8, 9 or 10 columns, and adding a row, then you lose data from the previous entries !

This issue has been mentioned many times and never adressed

it makes it impossible to use the databases and update them regularly with new data, because part of the old data gets ERASED !

Please help us fix this BUG

Deborah

and more problems about databases again :

https://yahoo.uservoice.com/forums/209451-us-groups/suggestions/7528357-make-default-view-for-databse-slim-otherwise-i

make default view for databse "slim" - otherwise in default we can't see all the columns.

make the default view for database "slim". in current default view ("relaxed") we can't see all the columns, and don't realize they are hidden. it should somehow indicate that there is more off screen not viewable in 'relaxed' view.

631st
        ranked
        Vote
        jenuphotojenuphoto shared this idea · April 11, 2015

one more new problem about databases :

https://yahoo.uservoice.com/forums/209451-us-groups/suggestions/7547497-database-keyboard-scroll-in-google-chrome-doesn-t

Database keyboard scroll in Google Chrome doesn't work but it works in Internet Explorer. I am not able to read the entire line of the datab

Database keyboard scroll in Google Chrome doesn't work but it works in Internet Explorer. I am not able to read the entire line of the database record because I don't think this new platform is compatible with Google Chrome. Can this be fixed?

631st
        ranked
        Vote
        Anonymous shared this idea · Apr 13, 2015 ·

https://yahoo.uservoice.com/forums/209451-us-groups/suggestions/7683780-can-you-fix-this-edit-database-feature

Can you fix this edit database feature?

I can edit the other 9 columns and add more in my Database but for some strange reason can not delete or even edit column 8 without getting an error message! Can you please fix this edit table feature?

214th
        ranked
        Vote
        Terry KilburgTerry Kilburg shared this idea · April 24, 2015 ·

• CherylCheryl commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why no info on whether or not Yahoo is evn trying to fix this? Just tell us, yes or no, that it will be fixed.

When are you going to fix the databases so we can enter new data without erasing the older entries ? Hundreds of messages on this and other posts have asked for it, during over 2 years.

When I enter information into my group database, after I save not all the information is there.

The database needs fixing. It is not saving all the information, only some of it. Even when I edit and re-enter the information, specifically dates, they aren't showing up.

571st
        ranked
        Vote
        angelmoms2angelmoms2 shared this idea · March 08, 2015

Make it easier to get to "Groups," both on PC and definitely on mobile devices.

"Groups" used to appear on the mini-nav bar at the top of the Yahoo Home page. Now I have to click "more" and find it in a list of tons of other products. It is virtually impossible to find Groups on my mobile phone.

202nd
        ranked
        Vote
        Nichole BNichole B shared this idea · Mar 9, 2015

Restore delete function to database

Use groups for weekly golf group signup. (Desert Eagles at Pebble Creek). Over last few days have lost ability to delete rows from database. Cannot not delete records of those who signed up and now cannot play. Use same tables changing dates into future. Usually can delete those from current week to prep for future weeks. Not now.
        Help!!

127th
        ranked
        Vote
        George BrownGeorge Brown shared this idea · Mar 13, 2015 ·

https://yahoo.uservoice.com/forums/209451-us-groups/suggestions/7205776-restore-delete-function-to-database

Databases still overwriting when adding a new entry

this is destroying YEARS OF WORK
        and the whole flexibility the databases used to bring to groups !!!!

PLEASE FIX, AFTER 2 OR 3 YEARS ISNT IT TIME ???

I am having problems with member records disappearing from the database. I can't find any other way to contact you about it.

member records are disappearing from the database randomly. This has been happening for the last 3-4 weeks. HELP!!

327th
        ranked
        Vote
        Anonymous shared this idea · Feb 6, 2015 ·

https://yahoo.uservoice.com/forums/209451-us-groups/suggestions/7061246-i-am-having-problems-with-member-records-disappear

So WHEN WILL WE RECEIVE AN ANSWER ???

WHEN WILL THE DATABASES BE FIXED ???

WE HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR NEARLY 2 YEARS NOW !!!!

WHAT ARE YOU DOING, YAHOO ????

https://yahoo.uservoice.com/forums/209451-us-groups/suggestions/6810208-database-search-special-letters

Database - search (+ special letters)

It seems like the search possibility in the Database not are working. I was planning to fix some of the errors in the table myself, but it didn´t work for any search.
        I have waited about 2-3 years for that the issue with special letters should be fixed, and it seems like it is - more or less - but still in our Database there are some issue. (This problem started long before NEO in another update).
        I thought I should fix it myself and tried to seach the letter -ř - to change it to the correct one. This is only one of the letters appearing in the database that are not correct. I have read the issue is fixed, and it might be for french, but not for norwegian.

283rd
        ranked
        3 votes
        VibekeVibeke shared this idea · Dec 6, 2014

Database - still not very good

For a long time the Database has been terrible to work with. I have a group that unfortunately have norwegian letters, and one of the words (of many) in the database still looks like this: R鷨vik - and I have used a lot of hours to try to fix things and for me it also seems very slow the database - working like sirup.
        So I decided to start to correct the errors, since it seems that this will not be corrected by yahoo. I started to search for all these letters that are wrong - so I could change them one by one -
        Since we have about 3500 rows in the database it isn´t a fast job to read all the lines to find the errors and it would have been easier if the search function could have worked - but it is not working!!!
        Then I thought I should do it row by row, little by little, but what happens ?- I scroll down and find an error, correct it, and then the database is back to row 1 again - lets say I was in row 1500, and then has to go down 1500 rows or more for each time I am going to correct something - I can´t do this.
        And I am quite sure that the row number isn´t the same number we add it to the database (can´t be 100%, but quite) - so I would like the numbers away and got back the database like it was.
        I am not able to understand all this mess and would gladly have changed to another group and paid for it - but this lasts years have been terrible and still are - it used to be a pleasure to use the Yahoo groups. I am a patient person, but so many of my group are not funcion anymore - some that we use the Events in, there the Events doesn´t work - so 3 groups are totally useless at the moment. What is going on? Is it posible that it should take so long to fix things. I know it is for free - but still.

282nd
        ranked
        3 votes
        VibekeVibeke shared this idea · December 12, 2014 ·

https://yahoo.uservoice.com/forums/209451-us-groups/suggestions/6836165-database-still-not-very-good

If it ain't Broke Don't Break it. Database format and control is broken. Let's get it fixed!

Please fix the Database format and control where it is user friendly. Like it used to be. KISS!

If it ain't Broke Don't Break it. Database format and control is broken. Let's get it fixed!

407th
        ranked
        Vote
        Anonymous shared this idea · December 30, 2014 · Flag idea as inappropriate…

0 comments

https://yahoo.uservoice.com/forums/209451-us-groups/suggestions/6900957-if-it-ain-t-broke-don-t-break-it-database-format

new post with the same problem again

What has happened to the databases since the beginning of the year. The new ones created only show 3 columns no matter how many you create.

Since the start of the year, when you create a database it shows that you can add all kinds of columns, but when the table displays there are only 3, and even if you try to edit it, there are only 3. The ones made before the new year are working fine. We make a whole bunch of databases at the start of the year, and this is hurting us. The informations says up to 50 columns. Not anymore

282nd
        ranked
        Vote
        Anonymous shared this idea · January 02, 2015 ·

https://yahoo.uservoice.com/forums/209451-us-groups/suggestions/6914677-what-has-happened-to-the-databases-since-the-begin

← Previous 1 3 4 5 13 14

Feedback and Knowledge Base