Hi, please let us know how we can improve Groups further.

DATABASES STILL PROBLEMS after revamping

I appreciate yahoo trying to make the databases usable again

Indeed there are many good things in the improvements and I appreciate you got us the French accented characters back again.

However, the format is still difficult to read and use for following reasons:

1/ column headings do not align with the actual columns as soon as you click on one of the columns to have it ordered. After reordering one column, column headings stay the same at the top but when you scroll down, column widths vary and no longer fit the headings!

example: I try to sort out column number 3 according to zip code, all columns realign but not with the headings, one still cannot understand what each column is about

2/ I dont understand the first column: these numbers are of no use at all, I used to have the first column for the name of the group member who put in the information, this is what I wanted first but now it is no longer! It takes space for no use.

3/ I appreciate having more length for reading each column but this is far toooooo long now, you need to use the cursor to go very far to the right, while it used to be possible to read the whole table without using cursors.

4/ In particular, to move the cursor to the right, you need to go ALL THE WAY down the database, even if it was the first entry you wanted to go and read towards the right! Now if you want to go back and read the second entry (out of 400 or so entries) you need to scroll back all the way to the top, and then when you want to go to the right to see what is in the 5th or 6th column,, you need to go ALL THE WAY down to get the cursor towards the RIGHT, you must be KIDDING ME ?

Therefore, I much prefered having pages, rather than scroll down the entire list !

5/ It would be nicer to have the entire page free to read the database and thus PLEASe could you get rid of the list of all the groups I own or am a member of, on the left of the screen, this is really totally unnneeded once I am in a group and even more when we are trying to read a database.

Overall comment: you have really worked hard and I appreciate.
HOWEVER, it is really still very difficult to use and far LESS convenient than it USED TO BE

Deborah from PAris

1st ranked
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • yahoo
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    JanJan shared a merged idea: Database - again!!!!  ·   · 
    JanJan shared a merged idea: Database icons on rows and access to the Database by some  ·   · 
    VibekeVibeke shared a merged idea: Database problems  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: overwriting database entries  ·   · 
    Susan DillSusan Dill shared a merged idea: Database  ·   · 
    Diane ArthursDiane Arthurs shared a merged idea: Fix database functionality  ·   · 
    JanJan shared a merged idea: Database - problem for some members  ·   · 
    JanJan shared a merged idea: Database  ·   · 
    SandySandy shared a merged idea: Database: Useless row numbers. Need to be able to adjust column widths.  ·   · 

248 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • yahoo
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am having problems with member records disappearing from the database. I can't find any other way to contact you about it.

member records are disappearing from the database randomly. This has been happening for the last 3-4 weeks. HELP!!

327th
        ranked
        Vote
        Anonymous shared this idea · Feb 6, 2015 ·

https://yahoo.uservoice.com/forums/209451-us-groups/suggestions/7061246-i-am-having-problems-with-member-records-disappear

So WHEN WILL WE RECEIVE AN ANSWER ???

WHEN WILL THE DATABASES BE FIXED ???

WE HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR NEARLY 2 YEARS NOW !!!!

WHAT ARE YOU DOING, YAHOO ????

https://yahoo.uservoice.com/forums/209451-us-groups/suggestions/6810208-database-search-special-letters

Database - search (+ special letters)

It seems like the search possibility in the Database not are working. I was planning to fix some of the errors in the table myself, but it didn´t work for any search.
        I have waited about 2-3 years for that the issue with special letters should be fixed, and it seems like it is - more or less - but still in our Database there are some issue. (This problem started long before NEO in another update).
        I thought I should fix it myself and tried to seach the letter -ř - to change it to the correct one. This is only one of the letters appearing in the database that are not correct. I have read the issue is fixed, and it might be for french, but not for norwegian.

283rd
        ranked
        3 votes
        VibekeVibeke shared this idea · Dec 6, 2014

Database - still not very good

For a long time the Database has been terrible to work with. I have a group that unfortunately have norwegian letters, and one of the words (of many) in the database still looks like this: R鷨vik - and I have used a lot of hours to try to fix things and for me it also seems very slow the database - working like sirup.
        So I decided to start to correct the errors, since it seems that this will not be corrected by yahoo. I started to search for all these letters that are wrong - so I could change them one by one -
        Since we have about 3500 rows in the database it isn´t a fast job to read all the lines to find the errors and it would have been easier if the search function could have worked - but it is not working!!!
        Then I thought I should do it row by row, little by little, but what happens ?- I scroll down and find an error, correct it, and then the database is back to row 1 again - lets say I was in row 1500, and then has to go down 1500 rows or more for each time I am going to correct something - I can´t do this.
        And I am quite sure that the row number isn´t the same number we add it to the database (can´t be 100%, but quite) - so I would like the numbers away and got back the database like it was.
        I am not able to understand all this mess and would gladly have changed to another group and paid for it - but this lasts years have been terrible and still are - it used to be a pleasure to use the Yahoo groups. I am a patient person, but so many of my group are not funcion anymore - some that we use the Events in, there the Events doesn´t work - so 3 groups are totally useless at the moment. What is going on? Is it posible that it should take so long to fix things. I know it is for free - but still.

282nd
        ranked
        3 votes
        VibekeVibeke shared this idea · December 12, 2014 ·

https://yahoo.uservoice.com/forums/209451-us-groups/suggestions/6836165-database-still-not-very-good

If it ain't Broke Don't Break it. Database format and control is broken. Let's get it fixed!

Please fix the Database format and control where it is user friendly. Like it used to be. KISS!

If it ain't Broke Don't Break it. Database format and control is broken. Let's get it fixed!

407th
        ranked
        Vote
        Anonymous shared this idea · December 30, 2014 · Flag idea as inappropriate…

0 comments

https://yahoo.uservoice.com/forums/209451-us-groups/suggestions/6900957-if-it-ain-t-broke-don-t-break-it-database-format

new post with the same problem again

What has happened to the databases since the beginning of the year. The new ones created only show 3 columns no matter how many you create.

Since the start of the year, when you create a database it shows that you can add all kinds of columns, but when the table displays there are only 3, and even if you try to edit it, there are only 3. The ones made before the new year are working fine. We make a whole bunch of databases at the start of the year, and this is hurting us. The informations says up to 50 columns. Not anymore

282nd
        ranked
        Vote
        Anonymous shared this idea · January 02, 2015 ·

https://yahoo.uservoice.com/forums/209451-us-groups/suggestions/6914677-what-has-happened-to-the-databases-since-the-begin

• PaulaPaula commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is now 1/12/15 and the database function is still not working properly in our group, H-C. Rows disappear upon the editing of another. We also cannot use the search field at all.

• PaulaPaula commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Rows are still disappearing upon adding a new row. When will this be fixed?? It is 11/27/14 and it is a huge problem for our group. Fix this glitch!

1st Ranked
        238 comments
        8 posts merged with this one, which has been 1st in the list for months

When can we have the issue fixed, please ?

Database still has issues!!!!

I cannot enter all the info needed for a new member because my last column doesn't ever save the info!!!! We are a homeschooling group and my last column is the info for their kids- so this IS a PROBLEM! Please someone, fix this problem. THanks!

43rd
        ranked
        3 votes
        Anonymous shared this idea · September 23, 2014

https://yahoo.uservoice.com/forums/209451-us-groups/suggestions/6473403-database-still-has-issues

database tables are scrambled. each line wraps around to the next line please fix

we have to sign up to be in a swap with our information and when new person adds their name it runs down into the next line and it does that through the entire table...thanks
        https://yahoo.uservoice.com/forums/209451-us-groups/suggestions/6640631-database-tables-are-scrambled-each-line-wraps-aro

144th
        ranked
        3 votes
        Anonymous shared this idea · Oct 31, 2014 ·

one more comment:

database tables are scrambled. each line wraps around to the next line please fix

we have to sign up to be in a swap with our information and when new person adds their name it runs down into the next line and it does that through the entire table...thanks

332nd
        ranked
        Vote
        Anonymous shared this idea · Oct 31, 2014 ·

• CilleCille commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with all of this except for #5, I like having all of my groups on the left so I can change from one group to another with just one click.

Database still has issues!!!!

I cannot enter all the info needed for a new member because my last column doesn't ever save the info!!!! We are a homeschooling group and my last column is the info for their kids- so this IS a PROBLEM! Please someone, fix this problem. THanks!

100th
        ranked
        3 votes
        Anonymous shared this idea · September 23, 2014

• SamSam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Encoding character for the messaging system is solved for us !!! THX Yahoo !

https://fr.groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/belle-ile/

Still some problem with 8 bits ISO-8859 when used in messages subject .. But this is a detail and generally caused by an user mail software misconfiguration.

Footers are also miss encoded .. a minor problem .. but a problem showing some others ..

Sorry, I meant ""serial number" with the ability to add a decimal point rather than a "row number" in my previous email. The row numbers should be scrapped.

Comment on databases:
        Please allow us to be able to use a number for the rows with a decimal point, as it used to be allowed with the Classic Groups. This allows me to add a new row in the middle of my databases without renumbering every other row which follows. It is important that our databases be kept in a specific order.
        Ajit Antony M.D.

And, today, it's happened again. Another person edited a line in a database, and it obliterated the data another member had entered. This is 2 days in a row that this has happened. The frequency of these errors is increasing. PLEASE ELEVATE THIS TO A HIGHER PRIORITY NOW!

← Previous 1 3 4 5 12 13

Feedback and Knowledge Base