Hi, please let us know how we can improve Groups.

Events calendar is back but . . . . reminder delivery is not.

Events Calendar has been glitching since you introduced the "You must choose at least one delivery option" with the two tick-boxes for E-Mail and Yahoo Messenger.

I wondered why our group was no longer getting Events reminders. Yahoo has wiped all my settings to deliver via E-mail, and will only accept a tick for delivery via Yahoo Messenger.

Since not all our members have Yahoo messenger, E-mail is the best option, but seems no longer allowed.

Could you PLEASE go back to Reminders as they were -- no need to tick delivery options. If we are marking Reminders, obviously we want them sent to the group.

Save a couple of lines of unnecessary programming and delete a couple of programming errors along with them.

34th ranked
Vote
Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

25 comments

Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • gatc commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Reminder service here works for a few weeks then quits for several months. Because of the years of chronic reminder problems, I moved some of my groups to groups.io about 1/2 year ago. I've been pleased with the calendar and email service there. There's even a migration process there that helps copy the users and email base over.

• Renee Shook commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please fix the reminders for events. They no longer are being sent out to my group.

• gatc commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Reminders for some of my groups have not been sent for a couple months, although surprisingly one of my groups sent a reminder today. This problem has been recurring over the last ~5 years. It takes forever to be fixed, and then it dies again whenever Yahoo adds "improvements".

• Wanda Ricketson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, my birthday reminders have stopped also, please reinstate as soon as possible to send to our e-mail address only - we do not have messenger.
    Thanks,
    Wanda

• Michael commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This seems to be a variable problem. I see reports of this issue going back two years but the two groups that I am involved with that use event reminders have not had any problem with email reminders until this month. Our reminders for the 1st Sunday of the month did not get sent out from either group.

• Andrea commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have used this forum for 14 years and it has typically gone well, but one of the best features for our group is a birthday calendar We live all over the world and getting event reminders for birthdays is one of the more personal experiences....but as happened a few years ago suddenly, the reminders are not being sent out. There have been no changes in our use except some slowness in posts showing up, but losing the events as of July 2016 is unfortunate. Is this under consideration to repair? Using EMAIL please.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Outgoing reminders for calendar events once were awesome and almost always on time and correct. They have been random at best since Summer 2015 when suddenly extra reminders would be sent OR none would be sent.
    Now (6-9 months later) I can pretty much bet that zero reminders will be sent all the time.
    About ready to just bail on Yahoo Groups altogether as the various functions have become undependable.

• Lee Swee Huat commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Noticed that under Events, Actions, Options, there is now an additional option to set 2 reminders for events. This could be the cause of the recent calendar event reminders?? In the past, up to 2 event reminders are set together with the event details. What will happen if the event reminders in the 2 different places are different? You can get up to 4 reminders?

• Kri Schlafer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Events calendar is not working for one of my groups. Still getting this message: Your access to this calendar is being processed. Please check back later. I really need to edit the calendar. I don't understand why this is not working. Need a fix.

• Elizabeth Chan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Group members have complained about not received email reminders for a while now. Please fix this issue.

• bclee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Email reminders were ok for a while in my group until November and then it quit. This problem has been on and off ever since the Yahoogroups format was changed about 2-3 years ago.

• Fatima commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

One of my Yahoo Group calendar events have been posting on my other yahoo account. I want to delete but I can't find a solution. It's been like this for years. It's driving me crazy!

• Cheryl commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Event Reminders are not being sent out by email nor are they posted on our group's webpage since May 18. No settings have been changed by the group owners, and the Events are still on the Calendar, when you click Events on the webpage. The groups are Historical_Lovecraft and Reading_Cave. Please ix this!

• Vibeke commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The Events are greyed out in some of my groups and the Events are not going out by email-

• JimL commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We seem to have lost the email event reminders for the S-VE Breakfast Club group since January 2015. I've check our group settings and nothing seems to have changed.

• bclee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Despite Yahoo saying the no outgoing reminders problem was fixed in January, and having it work for 2 wks, something broke again. But then the last 3 wks were ok. The autoreminder feature has been absurdly unreliable in an older yahoogroup for over a year, but other than having the reminder type removed from all the events, works like a clock in a somewhat newer one.

The 2 groups where the Event box is grayed out, and it is not possible to access, are the two that use the Events more or less daily. There is also one group working as it should sending reminders once a month. In the rest of the groups the Event box are not gray (but we don´t use it either). And the reminder seems to stop about the 23rd of september in these 2 groups mentioned - I can´t choose Yahoo Messenger as a delivery option - since I don´t have it - so if that is the case, we should all have been informed about that. I have always used Yahoo - and thought about it as the best option for groups - but the problems has going on for so long now - years....

My Event is grayed out in at least 2 of my groups and we haven't´received any reminders since september - I read that the problem is fixed in many threads, but not in ours.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Our group is not receiving reminders consistently, but then this week we received 2 reminders for the same event, instead of what was set up as a reminder for 2 events.

Are you working on this? Why would it work for one event and not the other, even though they were scheduled at the same time?

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base