Hi, please let us know how we can improve Groups.

Calandar notice is using GMT instead of local time

I have been using the automatic notice feature for 2 groups that I moderate. This month's notice came out describing the meeting time as
Friday, 17 October 2014
12:00 AM to 02:00 AM
(GMT) Greenwich Mean Time - Dublin / Edinburgh / Lisbon / London,

when the appropriate local time (NJ) would be 7:00pm to 9:00pm.

This is not helpful. Moreover, the UK is not on GMT in Summer, so the times listed are off by 1 hour.

I would call this an error but I can't post/send it to customer care.

240th ranked
Vote
Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Richard Guilfoyle shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Shal commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You didn't mention whether you have set your group's reminder time zone correctly. As a moderator of the group (with the privilege to change group settings) or an owner you ought to be able to adjust this yourself. In the Events calendar select "Options" from the Actions menu.

The General options page should have a Time Zone setting. That setting is to control the time zone used for generating reminders. Pick the desired time zone then click the blue Save button. That should do it.

Reference:
    https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/GroupManagersForum/conversations/messages/55229

To contact customer care you have to go through the "Contact Us" menu on the Help page (Help link near bottom of the left-hand column of any Groups page).

Feedback and Knowledge Base