US Groups

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

If you need assistance of any kind, please find self-paced help on our help site. This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Events Calendar Notes section - please give control of line change/return

Events Calendar "Notes" section used to preserve line changes as entered by the creator of the Event posting.

Mostly, we find the Event Calendar working fairly well now, EXCEPT for this glitch.

Currently, everything entered into the Notes field is mashed together without regard for line changes ("return" key!) or extra spacing between words.

This has resulted in members misreading event info to the point of almost arguing about who was supposed to do what. Vertical lists, especially, turn into a mash-up of run-on words.

****Please**** at least program the Calendar to respect line changes when entered in the Notes…

827th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Groups Calendar or Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. The domain name FreeZoneEarth.org has expired Feb. 1, 2015. If you go to that website, you will find that GoDaddy.com is offering to sell o

The domain name FreeZoneEarth.org has expired Feb. 1, 2015. If you go to that website, you will find that GoDaddy.com is offering to sell or renew that domain name. You may wish to contact Whomever to renew that domain name.
    The stated email address and name is not true. In case that is a real person and email address, kindly do not bother that person. I choose to be anonymous.

2261st ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Groups Calendar or Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Calendar Events not being saved again.

Again, the calendar feature is having issues. User edits a calendar event. Makes changes, page shows changes after change but database is not updated. Leave calendar and return to an edited event and it has reverted to the unedited event.

532nd ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. We are having big issues with the timezone. I am unable to set it back to pacfic so the events are wrong

Unable to save correct timezone all events going out with wrong times,
    Please Fix

1536th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Calandar notice is using GMT instead of local time

I have been using the automatic notice feature for 2 groups that I moderate. This month's notice came out describing the meeting time as
    Friday, 17 October 2014
    12:00 AM to 02:00 AM
    (GMT) Greenwich Mean Time - Dublin / Edinburgh / Lisbon / London,

when the appropriate local time (NJ) would be 7:00pm to 9:00pm.

This is not helpful. Moreover, the UK is not on GMT in Summer, so the times listed are off by 1 hour.

I would call this an error but I can't post/send it to customer care.

241st ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Groups Calendar or Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Evernt reminders are showing incorrect time even though the event on the calendar is correct.

Please fix your upgrade processes so that it doesn't almost always mess up the groups event calendar and reminders.

This problem occurs every time yahoo groups is upgraded substantially.

227th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Groups Calendar or Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 2261st ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Fix the Timezone Problem with Event Reminders

Our events are set up with the proper time -- 2-5pm -- and our calendar is set to the proper timezone - (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time (US Canada)- yet this is the message that our members set when they get reminders: "09:00 AM to 12:00 PM".

You need to fix this or we will be forced to leave YahooGroups and find another way to organize our events.

827th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. still doesn't work on iphones!

please make all features available on iphone

283rd ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. EVENTS not working

Can you fix the EVENTS? We no longer receive notifications each month. They are important to us.

Thank you,
    Neo

1083rd ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. CATASTROPHE IN EVENTS OR CALENDAR

Reminders in the group calendar are now appearing as garbage on the groups message boards. Group members are therefore receiving rubbish in their email boxes. This is serious and needs urgent attention.

Has Yahoo removed the HTML function from activities in the group calendar?

325th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Groups Calendar or Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Reminders do not print the times entered in event.

I set my calendar to AZ time and entered my times but the reminders go out with GMT time. - This is unacceptable. There should be an option that the international groups can use where the time translates to who the receiver is (like outlook) and doesn't mess with the point of origination times. Ours is a neighborhood group - no time translations are needed.

2261st ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Please fix the time zone. I put in Central and it just reverts to GMT. It also screws up the time. I think I can trick it into sending ...

Please fix the time zone. I put in Central and it just reverts to GMT. It also screws up the time. I think I can trick it into sending the "correct" time - as long as my members don't look at the "GMT"

355th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Rich Text Editor Needed

Can we get the notes editor to be rich text? I am a mod for my group and like to insert rich text in the notes for group events or edit the notes using rich text features, bitmaps, pictures.

612th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Where is CALENDAR ? Please turn it on again.

It is needed but it desapeared from our Groups ... Why ???
    Turn it on again !

1083rd ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Event Calendat time zone issue

Please add a warning popup when the user creating an event has a calendar that is not GMT +0 and the group calendar is GMT +0.

"Warning - group calendar is set to GMT"

2261st ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Please fix the YahooGroups Calendar...I can't see my entries!

Love the group calendar idea...but do not like that I cannot see my entries past September 2014. It looks like my calendar is blank, but reminders and events have been set up through June 2015. Please FIX the CALENDAR so I can see my entries.

679th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Groups Calendar or Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Please fix the yahoogroups calendar!

Please fix the reminders in the calendar. No matter how many times I save the reminders, it doesn't actually save. I can edit the calendar entry 20 times, but it never "sticks". We haven't had a reminder sent out in almost 2 months.

105th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Groups Calendar or Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 283rd ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 2261st ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base