US Groups

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

If you need assistance of any kind, please find self-paced help on our help site. This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add sort newest to oldest on membership list and retain that setting after list closes

Add an option to sort the membership list so newest members are at the top AND RETAIN THAT SETTING rather than have to click Joined every time I need to find the newest members of the group

1608th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Groups management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. A member I invited to my group has the wrong name because she was using a computer that was already logged on to the group by someone else.

I need to change the name of someone in my group who was inadvertently registered under my name but her email address. What do I do?

2458th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Groups management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 2458th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. delete all mention of all groups in my email site. Provide a GIANT DELETE BUTTON. Clicking by accident needs deletion

Provide a GIANT DELETE BUTTON. Have the nerds at Yahoo ever figured out there's more to life then collecting data? DON'T ORGANIZE 'my' groups. They're accidental clicks on sites I've no interest in. IF I click a site that has a ' dopey GROUP CULT ' bunch of ' followers' I need to delete the dopey followers and site. Is there anyone home at Yahoo over 15 years old?

1036th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 1149th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Get the ads out of our message posts on the groups pg. Let the admins turn this stuff off. You are ruining what was a very effective tool

The new Yahoo groups is pathetic. Come on folks, there are thousands of users and most of us are sick of the new promote. These are not improvements. I have heard multiple complaints about the new interface. This is not progress. Stop trying to be like Google and go back to the prior code. If you want to upgrade, any decent bunch of engineers can port the software to new hardware and maintain the capability. Do not list YOUR ads within our messages. Give us the option to turn off the ads. You can make $ in other ways.

285th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Groups management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Get rid of the "The Requested Message is no longer available" - I've missed messages because of that.

As an Owner of several groups and as Moderator of several - Yahoo needs to remove :"The Requested Message is no longer available" Please!!!!!!!

2163rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 2458th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. ********

gagagagga

2458th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 2458th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. My favorite group was hijacked, I was evicted, and since then, it's been abandoned.

My favorite group was qumran_origin, which was set up by David Christainsen to discuss the works of Barbara Thiering. First, it was disrupted by people who had no interest in her works. Then, it was swamped by interlopers who apparently wanted to side-track the discussion. Then, Barbara Thiering dropped out, and soon, David Christainsen dropped out, too. The new moderator must have disapproved of me, because I'm now persona non grata, and nobody is responding to messages to the moderator. Worst of all, the files have been deleted, and people like me (no longer an approved member) can't use the…

2458th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. The owner of this list no longer at HLAA so nobody has ability to take it down. Please contact HLAAnm@juno.com - owner/moderat other lists

This list not used since March 2013 as owner has departed. Nobody has the ability to take it down or manage it. How can this be resolved. I own or manage some other HLAA Yahoo groups as does Judy Martin <judygmartin@bellsouth.net>, Please advise...

2458th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 638th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 1149th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. User does not want to be invited?

User does not want to be invited?
    I get the following message when I attempt to invite a particular user:

EMAIL/YAHOO ID STATUS
    xxxxxxxx@kos.net User does not want to be invited

(email is X'd to retain user's privacy)
    Why is this happening? How can this be remedied?

2458th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I would like a tutorial on how to use chat rooms.

I subscribed to wanna_chat. There has been no chat. However, I have gotten hundreds of invitations to ****. I have not been able to navigate to a real chat room.

2458th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. It would be great if there was a place or link added so members can find out on their own if they are moderated.

I would like to see a way that members could check within their own membership if they are moderated. In the old Yahoo we could do that when posting a message from the message area.

439th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. search by topic

The new format STINKS. There is no longer an option to search a group by Topic or Subject and this is essential for a group moderator.

2458th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I DO PROTEST on THE LIFE CELL WOMAN that POLLUTE MY PHOTOS in MY GROUP EMAIL 384 !

THERE IS A PROBLEM... I HAVE TRY TO SEND MORE THAN 10 TIMES a EMAIL by using YAHOO CHILE EMAIL BOX but THEN YOU ASK ME TO PASS CAPCHA CODES and THEN THE EMAIL WAS NOT SENDED ! SO I DECIDE TO START a GROUP, CAUSE YOU SAYS IS BETTER WAY TO MANAGE SOMETHING that is NECESSARY to SEND TO MANY PEOPLE, I DO OPEN A GROUP with NAME of THE IMPOSSIBLE EMAIL SENDING CALLING THAT GROUP EMAIL 384 but THEN I START to UP LOAD MY PICTURES ARCHIVES, THAT ARE MINEs, THAT are MY OWN ARCHIVES, THAT ARE MY…

2458th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Allow group owner to set default sort order for links and files.

Allow group owner to set default sort order for links and files.

Your current options do NOT Help the Admin set up the Viewing Order in which we want the Group Links or Image Albums to work."

The Admins SHOULD be able to Choose the Default setting for
    Their Group, Period.

Members can adjust to after THAT, but we are telling them where things are and by NOT allowing us to set the Default NONE of our Instructions to New members makes any sense.

Please give us back our abilities to set up our pages tin the order in which…

2458th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base