US Groups

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

If you need assistance of any kind, please find self-paced help on our help site. This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Managing Members

OK, don't know what you did Last Night~
    But just yesterday I was able as Admin to click on
    Manage Members and SEE ALL of the members
    and Today NO ONE shows but ME ???

I needed to look up something to contact some members
    and add moderators and now I can't even SEE the Members ??

YOU are going Backwards AGAIN..... Sigh

PLEASE LET ME SEE and Manage My Group..
    This is Really Getting Ridiculous after all of this time..

I took computer programing from San Jose State
    and would have gotten and F or been FIRED
    if I…

2444th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Group Membership  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Enhance the SORT functionality

It would be great if we could sort messages by type I.E Offered, Wanted, Taken etc that way you can focus on the area you want without having to scroll through all the others. Thanks :)

633rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Enhancement or New feature request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. I can't seem to change the settings of the moderators to determine who gets the notifications and who doesn't.

When I make a change to a moderator notification setting and save it, it doesn't get changed, it reverts back to the previous setting.

1143rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Defects or Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Please fix the from address, it is causing huge problems

Still the from line contains the address to the group it is posted in.
    When people try to send to sender they still accidentally send to group.
    This is not good at all.

Please make sure the From line contains ONLY the sender and NOT the group that the message is sent to...

People are right clicking on the From addy and sending to that addy and then boooom the mail shows up in group.

This simply can't be difficult to fix, it is a bad upgrade on the from part from the start.

Thank you

1601st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. bookmarks

Please return my bookmark section and stop asking me to download a toolbar to access them.

1143rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. I just tried to reply to a post I placed on the scvcrfg group. I was the only recipient of the reply. Duh!

It was once possible to have a threaded discussion in Yahoo Groups. Now it seems that the only option is to open a new thread every time you want to comment on something.

If there's an option to 'reply to group' it is very well hidden.

2444th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Defects or Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. You verification process IS BROKEN

YOUR VERIFICATION PROCESS IS BROKEN

IT DOES NOT WORK

562nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 1143rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Groups Calendar or Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. If I offer a Freecycle item and more than one person wants it, who do I choose?

Under Freecycle rules, we are required to wait 24 hours after placing an OFFER advert, as this gives all interested users a chance to reply. If two or more people want the item offered, how do we choose who should have it? We need guidelines!

2444th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other groups features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. where's the navigation to a group? search field doesn't work... so you took away something that didn't work and now we have nothing?

Either give me a list of groups I am member of based on my login, or at least allow entry of group name into search field and have that take you to the group page. Right now I am finding no navigation at all.

2444th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Have an actual "Customer Help". I'm a group owner and suddenly I cannot delete a file from "Files." There is NO WAY TO CONTACT YAHOO!

Yahoo's "contact us" is a quick way to high blood pressure. There is NO WAY TO CONTACT YAHOO. After exhausting all possible mis-information routes a person trying to get word to Yahoo is left with a useless 'was this article helpful" choice of radio buttons.

Right now I'm an owner of a group that needs immediate work on some files in Files. The flash icons show (edit, copy, delete) but nothing happens when you click on them. I've tried using two different computers with up-do-date operating system (W8.1 & IE11) and nothing makes any difference.

I've been trying for two…

633rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Remove embedded HTML code from digests

Many of our listers take email digests rather than visiting the webpage, and the digests are massively congested with what I'm told is HTML code after the content. Can this be removed please?

1601st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Since 01-Jul-14 Yahoogroups is not sending reminders for calendar events where it has added new non-working email/messenger reminder option

Since 01-Jul-14 Yahoogroups is not sending reminders for calendar events where it has added new non-working email/messenger reminder option.

For one of my groups, Yahoo has, on its own, added a check box for selecting whether we would like reminders via email or messenger. Yahoo removed our default of email reminder while giving these two options. And worse, it does not save our preference even if we try to edit and save a preference for email.

As a result, no reminders are being sent out for calendar events.

And like I mentioned before, this is specific to only one group.…

703rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Posting to groups is no longer recognizing the Enter key.

Would like to be able to write using proper paragraphs again! Have tried it in Firefox on both Windows and Mac and neither one recognizes the Enter key.

2444th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Yahoo Has become so tacky and clottered!!!!!

Yahoo has become so tacky overall. The email portal is by far the worst. The portal is so tacky and got so much going on till its a tragic to work with....Sometimes when i go on, ill just simply log back off because i can barely read any email because of this annoying drag down box thats under the other emails.....its tacky and so aggravating!!!!! Please go back to more of the basic type of email portal that you had before because its just a down right disaster!!!

1034th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Enhancement or New feature request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Automatic poll closing is not working.

When creating a poll, you have the option of closing it manually or giving a date on which it should close. Polls are not closing on the dates on which they are set to close. They all have to be closed manually. Is there perhaps a cron to close these polls that is no longer running?

1143rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Pre-emptive approval for non-members to post

The flip-side to this (which has already been implemented):

https://yahoo.uservoice.com/forums/209451-us-groups/suggestions/4675394-ability-to-ban-non-members-preemptively

http://yahoogroups.tumblr.com/post/79361314383/additional-tools-for-member-management

Non-members can post to our group. We want it that way so that various officials can distribute news etc. but not be privy to our discussions.

Unfortunately, we are now getting a lot of malware from unknown sources taking advantage of this open posting facility, even though the group is unlisted.

To combat this, I've turned on moderation for new members. That should mean any posts from new non-member addresses also have to be moderated (unless I've misunderstood and it doesn't work like that.)

Because certain people with known…

2444th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Enhancement or New feature request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. can't stop receiving emails from group

I think if I click "manage my groups" and set a group to "no emails" I should stop receiving emails. However, I still receive updates.

1601st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Why is there an ad over the top of the form im trying to read

fire the new ceo her ideas suck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

633rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Explaining why we cannot sometimes see the images we have recently uploaded?

Explaining why we cannot sometimes see the images we have recently uploaded?

562nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Photos experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base