US Groups

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

If you need assistance of any kind, please find self-paced help on our help site. This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Group replies are being blocked -- seems to be a problem with group footer triggering something

Groups members are having replies rejected with this error: 554 Message not allowed - [PH01] Email not accepted for policy reasons. Please visit https://help.yahoo.com/kb/postmaster/SLN5067.html [180]

After trial and error, it seems that the group footer in the message being replied to/quoted is triggering this. Doing a reply and deleting the quoted footer works.

1095th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    3 comments  ·  Defects or Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Yahoo Groups has stopped letting me add posts to my group. What's wrong?

Yahoo Groups has failed to accept my posts for a week now. What's wrong?

1004th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Defects or Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. MOST PROBABLE FACTOR

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/aibergizm/info

Main graphic and photo of my group seem to DISAPPEAR frequently.

MOST PROBABLE FACTOR: Under attack frequently by the HACKER and IMPOSTER who is my group's subject (Hans von Aiberg= Bulent Ayberk, in reality).

1556th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Defects or Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. TWO DAYS & IT'S RIGHT BACK TO WHERE IT WAS WHEN IT WENT DOWN...FIX THIS PLEASE!...

UP FOR TWO DAYS, DOWN AGAIN...BANNER IS GREY...CAN'T LOAD MY BANNER & NEWSLETTERS CAN'T SEND.
    WHY IS THIS HAPPENING ALL THE TIME NOW?...HMMM?

4930th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Make it possible to post messages in the forum.

Once again, as has happened so very many times in the past few years, messages posted to the forums are not appearing, even days after they were posted. This has happened so often and the problem has been so prolonged so many times that here are only three possible explanations:
    1 - Yahoo's technical staff is composed entirely of incompetent morons.
    2 - Yahoo management doesn't give a ****.
    3 - Both of the above.

327th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. As moderator for a private group, will I still be able to access member info, send emails to the entire group and invite new members?

Ad moderator for a private group, with the changes effective October 28, 2019, will I still be able to access current member info, send emails to the entire group and invite new members to join the group? Please advise.

2285th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Groups management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. way to go, ***** up the groups so that no one can learn by looking at pictures or files.

Are you just trying to get rid of the groups. Well, way to go.

2285th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 619th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Group Membership  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. How can we preserve group message base?

I was notified this morning that Yahoo groups is effectively shutting down. I am a group owner. While I can download all files and photos for preservation, how can I get the complete message database? There is valuable information there dating back almost 20 years.

2285th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Messages and conversations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Allowing Groups Owners to Post Files and Groups Photo

In the new rules that Yahoo announced, the owners still need to be able to post such important files as the Group's Guidelines as well as the Group Photo. Will that be possible?

2285th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Groups management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Rethink your changes.

It appears that Yahoo is turning Yahoo groups entirely useless, by preventing users from doing anything, including making posts to the forum, in discussion. I don't see how that is workable. Everyone will be forced to go to another groups site.

2285th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 4930th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Photos experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Dec 14th Less is not more. https://help.yahoo.com/kb/groups/SLN31010.html?impressions=true

At one time keeping customers was prized. At one time, businesses saw making customers happy was the key to longevity. And at one time, logic had companies offering more features to attract customers. Please tell your board room that T-Mobile practices this model very successfully Yahoo does NOT. I PAY for my email,

1556th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. It's going to be hard to download the pictures we want before you shut down if they don't appear ever

Make all the pictures work before the shut down so we can download them.

1556th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. why are you killing yahoo groups??!!

cant believe you are killing yahoo groups! you say Ive only got until a certain date to save my files yet i cant even access my files! for almost 20 years ive used yahoo groups and now i feel like you've thrown me under the bus. gee thanks yahoo. ill think about you maybe as you seem to be skipping down the same path as ***** and sears. good luck staying in business.
    dave a very disgruntled yahoo user

2285th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Looks Like you are taking down the Groups!!

Just got an email saying all groups will be private, no photo or calendar posting. Yahoo is once again destroying an idea that works

2285th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Group Membership  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 2285th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Keep Yahoo Groups alive as it is!

I've got a notification that yahoo will not host any user's content since December 21 I think it will kill yahoo groups and this is the only reason why i, and i guess a lot of other people, comes here every day, so please keep yahoo groups alive, as it is now!

1556th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Cant view photos in yahoogroups

New Oct 14 2019

Cant view photos in yahoogroups using chrome on an android phone or tablet. Looks like people have posted pictures. I am the moderator of the group and I cant even look or download the photos. Why? Is this a new bug or change? What do I do to fix this?

2285th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Defects or Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Uploading

Now the photos can be uploaded, but you can't see them : as if they're not available...getting better and better! :-(

2285th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base