US Groups

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

If you need assistance of any kind, please find self-paced help on our help site. This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

Hi, please let us know how we can improve Groups.

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Loathe the noisy adverts on groups

For your advertisers information, these are so irritating, particularly that if you mute one and then open another page you get the ad again at full blast, I'm now automatically muting the computer before I go to my groups. Fail. Many of my group members now refuse to go to the group site and only read/reply via digest.

Every day, in every way, you make the groups harder and less pleasant to use.... I seriously wonder why I'm still bothering.

1502nd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Other groups features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Control your view and sort preferences

A very positive step was taken July 15. Now, please make this available to the moderator for the group for the whole group instead of letting the individual members of the group set their own preferences.

653rd ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Enhancement or New feature request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. let me load a new album

Can't add pictures and can't even load an empty album. What gives???

964th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Photos experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. fix the calendar, and be easier to contact

I am having issues with the calendar. When I finally worked out how to contact Yahoo about it (don't ask me how, I don't know and cannot seem to replicate and now tells me that email address is dead), they sent what I believe to be automated messages. Finally, I sent back another reply and they turned the reminders/events back on for a few days. They told me it was due to spam on the site. There has been NO spam so this was a convenient excuse for them. A few days later, it has gone off again and I…

409th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Groups Calendar or Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 1051st ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Defects or Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Fix viewing Photos & reorder function

In my group Imagining Ellowyne Wilde, we cannot view the photos lately, most of the time members are just getting blank squares & if you click on the photo, you just get a spinning circle & a black page. Also my reorder function in the photo albums is NOT working!!

Also when looking in an album it takes a long time for the photos to load when scrolling down the page & sometimes don't load at all.

My group relies heavily on photos, so please fix these problems!!!!!!

1051st ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 653rd ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. we need to be able to copy our photos back to our pc. you cannot click on a photo in yahoo photos and put it into 'my pictures'.

we cannot copy our photos back to the pc. you cannot click on a photo in yahoo groups and copy it to 'my pictures' or send it anywhere else.

347th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Photos experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Remove this group http://groups.yahoo.com/group/abujaNig/join -

I am inundated on an hourly basis with emails and comments from this group that range from homophobia, misogynistic rants, threats to kill and murder each other and an endless stream of the most offensive nature. I have blacklisted every single user and have repeatedly requested that my name be removed from all lists. To no avail. I am now taking the clear step of associating yahoo.com with the content, and responsibility for this content. You can improve your groups further by making sure i never receive another email again from this group, they can be as vile as they…

1051st ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Groups Emails  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. I never received SPAM on my ATT.NET mail account until you started "GROUPS". Now I'm getting 20 a day. Please stop these mailings!

I never received SPAM on my ATT.NET mail account until you started "GROUPS". Now I'm getting 20 a day. Please stop these mailings! I want my privacy back!

1051st ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Groups Emails  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Fix the calendar...cannot see entries past September 2014

Although I have made entries through June 2015 for my class to use as a guideline of important dates through the year, none of the entries show up past September 2014. They do not show up in the list format either. BUT if I do a search for a key word that I KNOW is on the calendar ie: "no school" the search will find my entry...but it still does not show up on the calendar.

2213th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Defects or Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 2027th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 2213th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Groups Emails  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Additional, simple, stable Groups interface

The groups interface is not working on galaxy 3, opera and boat browsers, cannot even join a group. suggestion: add a simple, classic plain html 2 alternative interface, just like in yahoo mail, in order to maintain backward compatibility.

1051st ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Useless row numbers causing a table to change the alphabetical order

I am the owner and moderator of the Mearns Bird Club:
    https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/Mearnsbirdclub/

I just looked at our database called "Birding Sites in Orange County and Nearby" and I find that where I had placed the various birding sites in alphabetical order, the row numbers that have been added in the neo-groups have changed the order into a non-alphabetical order which makes it difficult to find a birding site. Originally in the classic format there were no row numbers, and any entry I made defaulted into an alphabetical order, which was fine.
    Please remove the row numbers which are not adding…

1051st ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 2213th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 653rd ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. i;ve just spent an hour attempting to cancel my group membership!!

my phone and pc are exploding w/useless emails. I need a quick exit and feel like a rat in a maze trying to exit.....

1051st ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Support Issues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 1502nd ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Major bugs in Groups' messages & replying.

2 bugs, so far:

When I click to open an individual message in Group>Conversations, it never loads! Once, when I refreshed the page, it finally loaded the individual message but I shouldn't have to do that.

But then when I click the Reply window to reply to the post, the reply window disappears!

As a result, I haven't been able to access the full messages of any of my Groups or reply/participate in discussions!

I must say, the past year has been full of new and "improved" changes to mail, Groups, the whole Yahoo experience and they haven't been improvements…

1051st ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base