US Answers

ANSWERS new Suggestion Board

This page replaces the old Suggestion Board for the Yahoo Answers site.

When posting a new thread, please choose a category from the list at the right.

For spam this is the replacement Spam Battle thread
https://yahoo.uservoice.com/forums/211240-us-answers/suggestions/5869093-new-spam-battle-thread

Help change the way over a billion people experience the world every month. Join our Yahoo Yodeler Community and be the first to try new Yahoo products and let us know what you think. To learn more or register, visit the Yodelers Website.

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can vote and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can vote on it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  1. Two suggestions to help with reporting problems

1. Volunteer moderators. Sometimes appeals of violations take a long time to get replied to, or never get replied to. With appropriate safeguards (make sure no one gets violations from their followers/blocked people, etc, and require 3 volunteer moderators to agree before a violation is either dismissed or upheld), volunteer moderators could reduce the backlog.

2. Sometimes, one person or a small group of people go after someone not because of true violations, but because of something that annoyed them personally. This can leave the victim with a flood of violation notices for things that weren't really violations.

My idea…

69th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • yahoo
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      Gathering feedback  ·  33 comments  ·  General Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Community reporting is not working!

A question asking how to hack yahoo is staying up and being answered....How to hack the website?

I'm so tired of yahoo deleting and reporting every little thing on here and i wanna teach them a lesson. Reported twice still there.
      Someone post a ***** photo asking Why is my tool the biggest one in town? Reported using the bottom tab by 2 users still out there for all to see.
      We do not need another weekend of **** not dropping.

34th ranked
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • yahoo
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        22 comments  ·  Bugs or Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • My suggestion is that you fix the problem with community moderation. Recently, pretty much all trusted reporters have found that they are u

My suggestion is that you fix the problem with community moderation. Recently, pretty much all trusted reporters have found that they are unable to remove violations. For example, currently in the Yahoo Answers category, there are a number of questions displaying photos of an erect *****. Multiple trusted reporters have flagged these violations, but they refuse to drop.

106th ranked
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • yahoo
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          8 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • make Answers load the next 20 questions when we get to the end of the list. This is quite inconvenient.

I get to the end of a list of question, and no more are loaded. Do you people even have a quality control department?

64th ranked
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • yahoo
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            Gathering feedback  ·  8 comments  ·  Bugs or Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Starting February 20, Community Moderation appears to be down again.

COMMUNITY MODERATION SEEMS TO HAVE BROKEN DOWN COMPLETELY ON 20 FEBRUARY. NO VIOLATIONS ARE DROPPING, NO MATTER HOW MANY OR WHICH USERS REPORT THEM.

Can the staff let us know something so we are not wasting our time trying to help Yahoo?

160th ranked
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • yahoo
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              4 comments  ·  Bugs or Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Allow users to pick which section they want their question to be put in please?

The reason for me asking is because I am frankly tired of Yahoo just putting my question into a section randomly based off of key words or just 1 word in general. It is never correct and very inaccurate. Something tells me you only did this to give the "Edit category." button purpose because there is no real point to using it. And most of the time a question is moved is become some user moves it....but not to the correct section!

For example, I'll ask a political question, and it will be put in "Polls and Surveys." I'll move…

55th ranked
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • yahoo
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • Child **** on Yahoo Answer. AGAIN.....

I have now twice reported the same question for being child ****.
                That is, there is a photo of a boys erect *****.

Why is it not removed??????

189th ranked
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • yahoo
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                  3 comments  ·  General Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • Why on Yahoo Answers! only a limited number of questions you can scan? Update : This morning, only the questions over the last 60 minutes we

Why on Yahoo Answers! only a limited number of questions you can scan?
                  Update : This morning, only the questions over the last 60 minutes were view able, then jumped to questions 2 months old.

139th ranked
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • yahoo
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                    Gathering feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  Bugs or Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • Starting February 13, Community Moderation appears to be down again.

Can the staff let us know something so we are not wasting our time trying to help Yahoo?

267th ranked
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • yahoo
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                      Gathering feedback  ·  6 comments  ·  Bugs or Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    • A survey reveals that the majority of Y!A users dislike the new interface and want all or part of the old one back

A survey reveals that the majority of Y!A users dislike the new interface and want all or part of the old one back.

This is the survey link: https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20141002133256AA9eORN

It emerged that the main culprits (and the ones worthy of prioritary consideration) are:

- Numbered navigation replaced with "infinite scrolling".
                      - Not being able to choose a category before submitting a question.
                      - Cartoon avatars replace by "white on gray" avatars.
                      - Being sent to the beginning of the list of questions after submitting an answer.

I'd like to know if you already made a research and if yes why…

3rd ranked
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • yahoo
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                        Gathering feedback  ·  49 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                      • email to other users on Answers

The email to other users on Answers has been down since early this morning and i just want to report the outage

133rd ranked
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • yahoo
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                          4 comments  ·  Bugs or Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                        • Is the report system down again?

Nothing is dropping.
                          What's going to happen to the ones I've
                          already reported?
                          Is my TR gonna go down?

217th ranked
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • yahoo
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                            2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                          • Missing questions again (25 jan 2015)

Nothing between 6 hours and 2 months old in the languages-category

160th ranked
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • yahoo
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                              Gathering feedback  ·  7 comments  ·  Bugs or Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                            • My saved searches in Yahoo answers is broken

My saved searches offers no questions in four categories, when usually there are dozens. I often wish there were fewer, but none is not realistic.

Questions should be sorted with latest question first. It does not make sense that they are given in a random order.

314th ranked
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • yahoo
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                                Under review  ·  4 comments  ·  Bugs or Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                              • How about instead of the y-team posting a daily question....

How about you get your butts in gear and start suspending these trolls that are taking over yahoo answers? Your report system is a fail, I can't drop anyone - I am a long time user with a trusted reporter status....did you guys get rid of that ??? Or is your report system yet another thing that does not work???

Oh and another thing....why can't you figure out how to ban trolls permanently??? They can so easily make another account....why is it that other websites have figured this out and yet you guys can't!!!???

267th ranked
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • yahoo
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                • Please fix screen jumping problem

Anytime I go to edit an answer, after I click the edit button, when I click in the text box the screen jumps back to the top and I have to scroll back down to my answer. Then after editing when I go to click the save button, the same thing happens. This has been happening even before the new format and it happens on Firefox, IE and Chrome (Windows 7)

15th ranked
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • yahoo
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    Under review  ·  27 comments  ·  Bugs or Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                  • punish level 7 users.

I think level 7 users should be punished for moving other people's questions to wrong categories. They seem to be immature and get a kick out of doing it.

433rd ranked
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • yahoo
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      Gathering feedback  ·  7 comments  ·  General Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                    • Why is this a violation?

Someone asked how they could find online jobs. I answered with the names of the three biggest online job sites. I appealed it and it was denied.

"We're sorry, but upon review we found that the following <!--CONTENT_TYPE--> was indeed in violation of the Yahoo Answers Community Guidelines:
                                      "Look on sites like Guru.com, Odesk.com or Elance.com to see if there are any jobs posted for someone with your specific skills and experience"
                                      Violation Reason: TOS Violation

Can someone please tell me what is a Violation in this answer? How am I supposed to answer a question if I am not…

1371st ranked
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • yahoo
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        6 comments  ·  General Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                      • bring back the green format..revise the guidelines to 2015 standards,remove the TRUSTED REPORTER status and start over.

It seems every one of my contacts quit yahoo due to mass false or trivial reporting.It had gotten out of hand and they found friendlier sites,
                                        without users you will go under plain and simple.Revising the guidelines may bring back many,many users,There is no fun in wasting our time while holding our breath thinking we can be reported.
                                        reported for a happy birthday poem? A Merry Christmas wish?
                                        or saying Thanks,Hello? Really? in other words for being a human we get trolled and reported while nasty posts get 100 answers.
                                        Also remove the comments on answers.This is another trap to…

94th ranked
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • yahoo
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          Gathering feedback  ·  12 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                        • Fix the stupid glitch that still snatches the cursor from the answer box to the "search Answers" box

Now, the cursor is snatched on original entry, not just when doing multiple answers. Aggravating as h*ll to be focusing on the answer and have words and a drop down list suddenly appear as if I wanted to spend 5 points on asking a question.

464th ranked
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • yahoo
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                                            Gathering feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Bugs or Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                          ← Previous 1 3 4 5 115 116
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base