US Answers

ANSWERS new Suggestion Board

This page replaces the old Suggestion Board for the Yahoo Answers site.

When posting a new thread, please choose a category from the list at the right.

For spam this is the replacement Spam Battle thread
https://yahoo.uservoice.com/forums/211240-us-answers/suggestions/5869093-new-spam-battle-thread

Have more suggestions for Yahoo? Become a Yodeler!
Yahoo Yodelers is an exclusive group of loyal users that help shape the online experience for our users. As a Yahoo Yodeler you’ll get exclusive access to unreleased features, engage with our community of passionate users, and take a look behind the scenes as we create new products and content. Give us your honest opinions and bright ideas and you’ll influence the way millions of people see the world.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. roll back the latest changes. I need to know which questions I have already answered. Let us choose a category for questions

Let us know which questions we have already answered. Let us filter the questions according to the category we want. Roll back the latest changes -- they're useless and you'll lose business because of them.

720th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. you should put a clickable "top" arrow on the right side

The site is horrible to navigate with no left category bar, but a right side click-to-top arrow would also be helpful so we could scroll up without it taking 5 minutes.

1653rd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Category Navigation

We need some sort of navigation for categories on the home page. Even if you simply created a link under my username on the right for me to see a pop-up of some sort. You've created too much work for the user in terms of see the entire category list. Not a good idea!

1184th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. PLEASE create an option to block anons, or remove the feature entirely

The anonymous option for answers was never a good idea. It only allows people to be rude and troll without being blocked. Creating an option to block these answerers, or removing this feature entirely, would make this site much better in quality and much more enjoyable to use.

720th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. This very clearly harassment, Can you do something about this.The imbecile Ninefinger (aka Little Nancy Ninefinger) pretends he is combating

This is very clearly harassment. Can you please do something about this problem?

The imbecile Ninefinger (aka Little Nancy Ninefinger) pretends he is combating this with all his imaginary friends. He claims that the trolls are being "hammered on all fronts" and that he and his imaginary friends have a "coordinated attack" on trolls. He claims that trolls are "losing accounts daily."

I am totally serious that he used those words. I am not kidding. He said:

"hammered on all fronts"
    "coordinated attack"
    "losing accounts daily."

Little Nancy is the dipshit who pretended to have a Facebook group here is…

2413th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 4031st ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Provide better tools to deal with offenders who post obscene/perverse/repetitive "questions"

Yahoo answers is flooded with deranged people with multiple accounts who post the same perverse and obscene questions for many times daily, at best just plain annoying, never listening to answers and just doing it again and again.

Ex: ****** troll posting daily:
    https://answers.yahoo.com/dir/index?sid=396545163&rptabuse=1

Or the repetitive pregnancy troll with multiple accounts, obsessively posting the same questions, not looking for answers, but just to annoy people by foolishness and posting in same questions by multiple accounts (Alone,Alex,Woody,Crash), also point-gaming to get points for this:
    https://www.google.com/search?q=technically+speaking+are+we+in+our+fathers&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b#q=site:answers.yahoo.com+technically+speaking+are+we+in+our+fathers

Clearly reporting does nothing, as it only subtracts their points and they use point-gaming to…

850th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Eliminate the Anonymous identity option

Want to get rid of trolls? Simple: make them put their name on it - ANY name. But a name they have to register under, one that goes back to their Yahoo email.

2413th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Give us back the old format

Ok, so the green one was good, the last one was decent, but this newest format is terrible.

Please, at least give us back the last format before the update a couple weeks ago, thnks

4031st ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. you need to remove other posters from following your post, they click on your name and follow your posts, it is called stalking

you need to remove other posters from following your post, they click on your name and follow your posts, it is called stalking, they also use multi accounting to thumb posts up or down may times, or just reove the rating no thumbs on any posts

3740th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Provide a way to submit cases again!

This Yahoo Help Central does not allow for non-account issues, and you've done away with anybody getting any help for things having to do with Yahoo Search results! YHC is awful, and I was lied to by Yahoo customer service reps that I could submit another case when they knew everything would change so I could not do that.

4031st ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Provide the option of seeing the "most followed" questions

pretty much all questions in "discover" are boring, uninteresting chat-violations. "most followed" could lead us to those questions that more people want to know the answer to

2413th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. On Reporting Questions and Answers

Problem: False Reporting of Questions and Answers

Solution: On Appeal if you find no Violation of Community Standards treat each false report as a Violation an take the ten points from each Person that falsely reported the Question or Answer.

4031st ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Can you make a notification for when someone

Yahoo Staff, I.T. Department and Executives,

Can you put notifications when someone comments on an answer so we can get back to them, please? it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

4031st ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. done

need to improve

2413th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Allow us to answer questions older than a week again

maybe without getting points, maybe without the asker being notified, but when I see that all the answers are patently wrong, not being able to add a correct one defeats the purpose of the site

720th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. you need to remove other posters from following your post, they click on your name and follow your posts, it is called stalking

you need to remove other posters from following your post, they click on your name and follow your posts, it is called stalking, they also use multi accounting to thumb posts up or down may times, or just reove the rating no thumbs on any posts

3740th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. you need to remove other posters from following your post, they click on your name and follow your posts, it is called stalking

3740th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I CANNOT ACCESS MY EMAIL ACCOUNT. I CANNOT RESET. I CANNOT UPDATE THE PHONE NUMBER. I DO NT HAVE A YAHOO ID.

I DONT HAVE ACCESS EMAIL ACCOUNT, YET I KNOW MY PASSWORD, BUT CANNOT VERIFY DUE TO OLD PH#. THERE HAS NEVER BEEN ANY UNUSUAL ACTIVITY. YAHOO YOU NEED TO UPDATE YOUR SOFTWARE AND GET REAL PEOPLE TO OPERATE YOUR COMPANY, OR SHIP OUT. THIS IS RIDICULOUS AND SAD.
    IT SAYS:
    "We've noticed some unusual account activity.
    For your safety, choose a method below to verify that it's really you signing in to this account...."

4031st ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. strait men hate to see gay men while viewing women

seperate ***** stuff for queers only, and let me, as a strait man ,view women, in peace,,without seeing that s### mixed in. also chicks with penises who has u putting that stuff in view? i'm boycotting your search engine if nothing is done

4031st ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 63 64
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base