US Answers

ANSWERS new Suggestion Board

Welcome to our Yahoo Answers feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the Yahoo Answers experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to Yahoo Answers.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please find answers on our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Please either FIX or REMOVE the reCAPCHAs

Keywords: Bugs or Erros, General Feedback

The reCAPCHAs do not work correctly. At times I get asked to make up to 3-4 different verifications BEFORE it allows me to post my answer. I simply cannot go through this frustration for each and every math question I want to answer!!

Additionally, the quality of the tiled pictures is SO POOR, you can hardly tell what some of them are.

Please FIX or REMOVE the reCAPCHAs feature. If it was added as an improvement, it is most certainly NOT.

I know it won't make any difference to Yahoo!Answers whether or not you…

12th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Gathering feedback  ·  15 comments  ·  Bugs or Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Unable to post answers to questions

There appears to be a serious glitch in that users are unable to post answers to questions. It's still possible to post comments to existing answers and to fill out the answer box but the answer will not post and the notice "Sorry, we were unable to proceed with your request. Please try again." is consistently returned.

Other users have noticed this as well.

10th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  17 comments  ·  Bugs or Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Unable to sign in to Yahoo Answers

When I try to sign in, I am redirected back to the sign in page after my password is entered. Meaning the Yahoo Answers website never processes my email and password information when I submit it. I never get passed the sign in stage.

26th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Bugs or Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Start maintaining Yahoo Answers or close it

I have been on Yahoo Answers almost since it started and have over a million points. When is Yahoo going to start maintaining it or close it? Following are problems that I see.
    It has been taken over by members who post ****** or vulgar questions and seem to have an inside group.
    I do not believe Top Contributor or Trust status is being updated.
    Reporting questions or answers seems to have no effect.
    The Top Answerers and Leaderboard are not being updated.
    The Yahoo Answers blog has not been updated for months.
    The "About Me" section in the settings…

13th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  General Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 34th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Bugs or Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 9th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  14 comments  ·  Report Spam/ Spam Battle  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 32nd ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  General Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Bring back voting for best answer after a period of time passes with no best answer

Too many answers never get a best answer. Voting should be brought back if no best answer has been selected after 6 weeks or so.

17th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Please remove this "minimum 15 character limit", or a least reduce it.

What's with this "minimum 15 character limit" in the answers now?! Please remove this or make it less than 15. It will NOT deter spammers, it will ENCOURAGE them. People will just spam punctuation in order to give a short, one-word answers. Also not all of us want to be wordy with answers. Find another way to deal with spammers, not take away the freedom of those who legitimately answer questions. Remove please. And while we are here, please also get rid of that hideous reCAPTCHA.

29th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. What on Earth has happened to this site? Why....should I have to identify 17 buses, 12 fire hydrants, 11 traffic lights to answer a q?

Yahoo is only succeeding in driving more people away from this site, as if they haven't driven enough away already

37th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Unable to edit my answer, rate answers, read or post comments to answers.

The links to edit my answer, thumbs up/down on my and other answers, and the comment link all appear and can be selected but nothing happens for an extended period; half an hour or more. I use Firefox on a desktop computer.

71st ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  4 comments  ·  Bugs or Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. PLEASE stop the reCatcha in Yahoo Answer!!!! HATE HATE HATE!

PLEASE stop the reCatcha in Yahoo Answer!!!! HATE HATE HATE!

40th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  General Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Yahoo answers notifications not going to email?

Was curious if anyone else has noticed that even though the option is checked to get notified via email that an question has been answered, isn't getting an email notification from answer? If this problem is just on me, what can I do to finally fix it?

37th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  5 comments  ·  Bugs or Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Need a feature to report an entire account

It would be helpful to have a feature where one can report an entire account, instead of particular questions and answers.

Spammers often spam the same questions over and over, and post cheat answers just to get points so they can spam their questions again. Why should users have to spend their time reporting individual questions and answers over and over when the whole accounts needs a review?

An example account is below - should users really have to report every question and every answer on this account?

Earl:

- repeated questions
    https://answers.yahoo.com/activity/questions?show=JPT45ZUPEMWRDQT7SI44VGSJWF&t=g

- cheat answers ('huh' to every question) …

11th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  10 comments  ·  Report Spam/ Spam Battle  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Can you stop the posting of single letter or character answers

Some users have no intention to provide an answer to a question,only posting a single letter or character to collect points.Are there any plans to stamp out this type of abuse.Example:
    https://answers.yahoo.com/activity/answers?show=VO3YKROYR3WQTUNE2EDRHAR24Y

13th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  17 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Eliminate the block option. I understand the frustration of dealing with stalkers and trolls, remove those accounts.

Frustration with trolls, stalkers and that immature is certainly real. But their existence degrades the experience. Rather than block them, silply eliminate them.

45th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Report Spam/ Spam Battle  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Fix the "About Me" section in the Q&A profiles

This has been broken for far too long and nothing has been done about it.

When I proceed to edit my "about me" on the Q&A Profile, I edit the text, then press save.

But when I go back to it, it has not updated the about me with the new information. It has the previous content.

This should have been fixed within 24 hours of it being reported initially. I want it fixed immediately.

45th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  4 comments  ·  Bugs or Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Moving Questions to Other Categories

I like the idea of moving questions to a better category to improve the nature of Yahoo Answer/Questions. But there are times where you have some people that spoil it for others. To keep people from moving questions malicious. Limit the how many times a single question could be moved, to maybe twice. The poster of the question may think that their question is in the appropriate category.

25th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  8 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Answers submitted are only visible to the poster.

When I submit an answer I can see it in the list of answers for that question. However, when the question is viewed by others (including the poster of the question) it often cannot be seen ! This has been a problem experienced by many users for well over a year and makes the whole purpose of YA futile. Surely somebody can fix this ?

13th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  9 comments  ·  Bugs or Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 45th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Bugs or Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 6
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base