US Answers

ANSWERS new Suggestion Board

This page replaces the old Suggestion Board for the Yahoo Answers site.

When posting a new thread, please choose a category from the list at the right.

For spam this is the replacement Spam Battle thread
https://yahoo.uservoice.com/forums/211240-us-answers/suggestions/5869093-new-spam-battle-thread

Have more suggestions for Yahoo? Become a Yodeler!
Yahoo Yodelers is an exclusive group of loyal users that help shape the online experience for our users. As a Yahoo Yodeler you’ll get exclusive access to unreleased features, engage with our community of passionate users, and take a look behind the scenes as we create new products and content. Give us your honest opinions and bright ideas and you’ll influence the way millions of people see the world.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. This new format stinks. I'm leaving.

Before I go I will be contacting every one of your advertisers and I'm telling them that I will no longer be seeing thier ads and why. Then I'm privately contacting all of my contacts and encouraging them to do the same, they will tell thier contacts, who will tell thiers and so on until this mess is a ghost town and generates no revenue for your advertisers.
    Or, you could just bring back the old, user friendly format.
    Thank you
    Sincerely; An answers user for 9 years.

1st ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    21 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Keep the community vote. Askers don't vote 99 per cent of the time, so answers will be held in limbo.

Keep the community vote. Askers don't vote 99 per cent of the time, so answers will be held in limbo. There will be no references for people who need them. Trolls and gamers will have total control now. Not sure I want to waste time on a site with no positive resolve.

2nd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    92 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. A survey reveals that the majority of Y!A users dislike the new interface and want all or part of the old one back

A survey reveals that the majority of Y!A users dislike the new interface and want all or part of the old one back.

This is the survey link: https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20141002133256AA9eORN

It emerged that the main culprits (and the ones worthy of prioritary consideration) are:

- Numbered navigation replaced with "infinite scrolling".
    - Not being able to choose a category before submitting a question.
    - Cartoon avatars replace by "white on gray" avatars.
    - Being sent to the beginning of the list of questions after submitting an answer.

I'd like to know if you already made a research and if yes why…

3rd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  53 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Stop changing the home page

Please bring back the old yahoo home page and whoever keeps changing it give them something else to do instead of messing things up.

4th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    47 comments  ·  General Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. why are Trolls allowed to post anonymously?

the 'Post as Anonymous' Feature is nothing but Troll bait... it allows people to post question with no way of know who they are or how to stop them...
    It's bad enough "Block" doesn't apply the 'warning label any more, but now any one can hide behind that little spy mask and ask The Dumbest, or most offensive question; and it stays up until Admin Reacts

5th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    68 comments  ·  General Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. WHY Can we not choose GREEN or Purple. You have had many feedback comments but NO answers

Why the users not pick green or purple. There are links /pages I cannot find on the new layout. Some of the ones I like are much harder to get to.

You list people that give you a thumbs up. Why not the ones that give thumbs down also.? Nice to see if your just being followed by one that just gives out negative votes.

6th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. We should be able to delete our own questions.

I stand against the removal of the deleting feature. We have every right to delete questions we have asked. Sometimes we may ask too personal questions that we plan on deleting right after receiving answers. Now we have to lean on the hope that it will be reported for it to get deleted.

7th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    28 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 8th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    21 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Stop autosetting the order answers are listed in!

Could you stop switching the selected order of answers? In the past, you've switched it from "Oldest" to "Highest rated" and whenever you tried to change it back to oldest it'd still start on "Highest rated" when you opened the next question. Recently, you switched it from "Highest rated" (which I was just starting to get used to) to "Relevance" which is the worst possible order selection! WHY would you do this?

Recode so that whatever order you pick will be the default order no matter which page you go to!

9th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  29 comments  ·  General Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Let us change profile pics again

We should be allowed to change the profile pictures

9th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    28 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Allow freedom of speech, for example-

I believe that yahoo answers needs to remove most of their censorship, and allow us to put our questions in the category that WE think is appropriate.

11th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    16 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 12th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  General Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Fix Yahoo Answers !

Every time I go onto the site, I can't answer or ask questions. It keeps saying "your criteria doesn't match any questions" every section I'm in. I also cannot ask a question either. When I try to it says that it cannot be posted at the time. This has been happening for days now. I've refreshed and updated and restarted and cleaned and cleared. Nothing works. Fix it.

13th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    38 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. PLEASE PUT YOUR HOME PAGE BACK LIKE IT WAS!

I just HATE the new changes you made to your home page in the last two days! Why do you keep messing with a good thing? It was great the way it was, and please tell your techies to STOP TINKERING WITH IT!

14th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  General Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Disable anonymous setting. It promotes trolls. IDK who thought it was a good idea to add that

It promotes spam, hate speech, etc. Also make it so that people can't create more than 1 account per day... These trolls are like creating new accounts everyday...

15th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  21 comments  ·  Report Spam/ Spam Battle  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. fix the glitches that is happening as of March 12, 2016.

Yahoo you need to fix Answers. Remove all the glitches and make the site back to normal. We aren't joking. Millions of users are complaining. Just fix the site.

16th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    14 comments  ·  Bugs or Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Get rid of this Answer your own Question so called feature.

It is beyond crazy!!! If someone finds their answer somewhere else
    the sensible thing to do would be to delete the question. Now all those users answering just for points can copy the correct answer posted by the asker. This will just get more answers and more questions will end up in voting..No reason to choose a best answer if you already have it.
    Some ridiculous things have been implemented on this new format but this is beyond ridiculous.
    Better to fix all the glitches before adding more Non Features. RIDICULOUS all i can say!!!

17th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    16 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Current Bugs 8th Dec 2015

Yahoo = please respond.

1.When clicking on a subject randomly and often get - "Your criteria doesn't match any questions".
    2.Huge gaps in question when scrolling - eg. Biology UK site currently there are no questions from 8 hours to two weeks.
    3. Randomly questions will not scroll.
    4."My Points" info is not updating when accessing my details.
    Sorry to be a nuisance but these bugs need addressing.
    Please advise.

18th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    99 comments  ·  Bugs or Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. The Problems with Yahoo Answers Today

1. Allowing all level 7's to change any question into any category is nonsensical and is encouraging abuse on the site

2. There is not enough action on spamming and trolling on Yahoo Answers. The entire site is now a trolling playground.

3. Not allowing users to delete any of their content whenever they want is unreasonable.

4. The anonymous feature is only encouraging further trolling

5. Not allowing users to choose their category before posting is not user-friendly or efficient whatsoever. Its causing a lot of questions to be posted in incorrect categories

6. Too many questions not posting…

19th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    30 comments  ·  General Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. PLEASE go back to the old format!

PLEASE go back to the old format. It was so much easier to understand and navigate. I cannot function with this new format. It is too confusing. I tend not to come here as often as I used to. And I know I've lost many friends on here who no longer use this site for the same reason.

20th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 443 444
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base