US Answers

ANSWERS new Suggestion Board

Welcome to our Yahoo Answers feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the Yahoo Answers experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to Yahoo Answers.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our community support forum or find answers on our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Can you stop the posting of single letter or character answers

Some users have no intention to provide an answer to a question,only posting a single letter or character to collect points.Are there any plans to stamp out this type of abuse.Example:
    https://answers.yahoo.com/activity/answers?show=VO3YKROYR3WQTUNE2EDRHAR24Y

10th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Gathering feedback  ·  17 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Askers should be Rewarded points for asking questions that get a large amount of answers and follows

I have posted a question that got over 1000 answers and 20+ follows before and instead of getting rewarded for that I got 3 points deducted out of my account for asking a question. Askers should be getting rewarded for sparking large conversations and interests on the site like that, not punished for it. Answers with over 30 answers and follows should reward the asker with a certain amount of points. Something like the asker earns 1 point for every answer they get after 30 answers and 5 points for every follower to the question. So if the asker gets…

17th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow us to be able to add as many categories as we want

If we were able to pick as many categories as we want it would be easier to get responses, because some questions fit into more than one category.

18th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Have more options for replying.

Please let there be the option to reply to questions that are even 10 years old. It actually doesn't really matter if it is a decade old, as a question is a question. And, time flies by so much anyway.
    I'm on level 6, so maybe it is available on level 7. I doubt it.

24th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Moving Questions to Other Categories

I like the idea of moving questions to a better category to improve the nature of Yahoo Answer/Questions. But there are times where you have some people that spoil it for others. To keep people from moving questions malicious. Limit the how many times a single question could be moved, to maybe twice. The poster of the question may think that their question is in the appropriate category.

29th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Need a feature to report an entire account

It would be helpful to have a feature where one can report an entire account, instead of particular questions and answers.

Spammers often spam the same questions over and over, and post cheat answers just to get points so they can spam their questions again. Why should users have to spend their time reporting individual questions and answers over and over when the whole accounts needs a review?

An example account is below - should users really have to report every question and every answer on this account?

Earl:

- repeated questions
    https://answers.yahoo.com/activity/questions?show=JPT45ZUPEMWRDQT7SI44VGSJWF&t=g

- cheat answers ('huh' to every question) …

9th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Report Spam/ Spam Battle  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Tools/features to help users deal with trolls

Here are some tools/features to help users deal with trolls and trolling:

- Allow users to block other users so that they don't see their posted questions or answers. There are some troll users here that I know will never ask a legitimate question, and that will only post abusive answers . . . for example, there are users only ever post racist questions. A feature hiding their posted questions, answers, and comments would be nice - if I can't see it, then it won't bother me.

- Allow users to hide their questions and answers from others users, so…

15th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Please let us choose the section before the question get posted

Oftentimes, the question goes to a section the asker don't want.

12th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Please, allow an unlimited word limit for typing in the mobile version

If I write an answer with my PC and want to change a word or a letter with my mobile, it shows me red numbers "-321".

23rd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Bugs or Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. allow an unlimited word limit for typing in details on questions please

I recently asked a question and tried to add as much detail in the description box as well for the situation. come to find out theres a word limit, and when youve already typed out everything it is very troublesome having to keep "updating question" over and over again to get every last word out.

29th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. I am not seeing my contacts questions they follow, upvote, or answer, is there someone who fixes these issues working for yahoo

I need to know where I can find a fix for this; there used to be a link so yahoo could come in and fix issues like this. Does anyone know where this gear went to?

36th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Bugs or Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Please get rid of the shadowy texts that are hard to see

They light ghosly texts in a very light grey or blight blue are very hard to see for people who have eye problems.
    If you don't know what I mean they are posted under each question on the board and also in our profile page .For example look at the word "More" and you will figure it out.

26th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. give us back our username

We've been question marks for way too long already

37th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Bugs or Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. No notifications, No History

Cannot get any interaction with the boards.
    No way to check answers.
    No way to see Questions or Answers, no notifications of what is going on regarding my answers or questions.

Q & A is all but dead.

29th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Bugs or Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Prevent askers from submitting an answer to their question

On many occasions I see questions where the asker has added some extra detail, but not by updating/editing their question. Instead, the asker has submitted an answer to the question to add the additional information.

There are two problems with this:

1) It is not immediately obvious that the extra detail has come from the same person that asked the question.

2) As the answers are displayed in different orders depending upon when they were submitted and what thumbs up and thumbs down they have received, the extra information can appear completely out of context.

I propose that Yahoo modify…

7th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is a good idea. Askers should use the “update” function, not the answer function on their own questions. I suppose there is a use case where askers find the answer to their own questions and want to share it. I’ll have to do more research on this matter.

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base