I suggest you ...

Answers submitted are only visible to the poster.

When I submit an answer I can see it in the list of answers for that question. However, when the question is viewed by others (including the poster of the question) it often cannot be seen ! This has been a problem experienced by many users for well over a year and makes the whole purpose of YA futile. Surely somebody can fix this ?

10th ranked
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Davros Kaled shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Fireball Richardson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

mine wont even go onto the board after the first 3 I answered...they wont take...it would be better if they did their maintenance at night...right now it is useless to type anything on the board for me..

• Martin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't want to post to Yahoo Answers again unless they commit themselves to stopping this.

• alan silver commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This practice should be changed.
    If an answer is not going to posted, tell the posting person at least.
    Don't make watch the answer counts to figure it out.
    This way you ban answers with no recourse or moderation.
    The same thing happens when a level 1 or level 2 person post a link to a video, there answer
    gets hidden, but they don't know because they see the answer, but no one else does
    Then, when someone else with a higher level post the same exact answer, they think that their answer was just copied. However, it wasn't because other people don't see their answer.

• k karij commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is happening to me and others. Unfortunately these (my) answers may being reported as well; and my answers are decent answers, with the question being answered. These people who somehow have caused decent answers to be banned, need to face some serious consequences. Such as loosing reporting privileges; and perhaps having themselves banned from using Yahoo answers.

•  ☥♡☮  commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I notice things like that long before I was Banned, as if ghosting was applied to answers before being troll hacked, so someone like developer in community has ability to block visible answer comments to hidden, and that in turn creates red flags, there's probably a thumbs of user block at play, that troll hacker has placed on user services, maybe out of country, or time limiter on query, that is in the coding , which only developers are suppose to have, but apparently not so.

Feedback and Knowledge Base