I suggest you ...

Moving Questions to Other Categories

I like the idea of moving questions to a better category to improve the nature of Yahoo Answer/Questions. But there are times where you have some people that spoil it for others. To keep people from moving questions malicious. Limit the how many times a single question could be moved, to maybe twice. The poster of the question may think that their question is in the appropriate category.

20th ranked
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Laurie Vieau shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

THIS NEEDS TO STOP HAVING PEOPLE BE ANONYMIOUS. PEOPLE ARE MAKING ME LOOK LIKE A JOKE AND HAVE MENTAL ISSUES WHICH IF YOU SEE MY QUESTIONS I DO NOT HAVE A ******* MENTAL PROBLEM. ALSO BRING BACK BLOCKING PEOPLE MEANING THEY CAN'T NOT SEE MY PROFILE AND QUESTION WHERE THEY CAN CHANGE THE CATEGORIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• clobird commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Trolls are responsible for moving questions to inappropriate categories.... I have to check may answers feed every day and move questions BACK to the proper category! It is hard to find questions to answer in my category and earn points because of these trolls. Answers needs to find a way of tracking who moves questions maliciously!

• skaizun commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The question's category can be changed by someone other than the asker or respondents, and, in the event of trolls doing so, there is no way to report him/her. The asker should be the one to decide the category. As such, there should be a way for the asker to lock the category (perhaps with a Yahoo moderator approving such) or, at the very least, a way to report vandalistic category changes.

• Freebyrd Perry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. people move questions to ridiculous categories, such as Rodents, because they didn't like the political question which was asked. This is being abused.

• Nine Lifes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Good idea BUT sometimes, questions do not appear at all public. I saw that those questions appear if you move them to another section and back. To move them three times would be good.

Feedback and Knowledge Base