I suggest you ...

Unable to post answers to questions

There appears to be a serious glitch in that users are unable to post answers to questions. It's still possible to post comments to existing answers and to fill out the answer box but the answer will not post and the notice "Sorry, we were unable to proceed with your request. Please try again." is consistently returned.

Other users have noticed this as well.

11th ranked
Vote
Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
David Miller shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

17 comments

Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Jeremy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same here. It prompts me to log in, and directs me back to the page, but it still appears that I'm not logged in. Trying to post just takes me to the login page again.

• Fireball Richardson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

YEAH SAME THING HAPPENING TO ME TOO...IF WE ARE BLOCKED THEN PLEASE DONT BRING UP THE ANSWERING BOX...WE WASTE TOO MUCH TIME TYPING BIG ANSWERS AND THEN THE SQUARES ALL FOR NOTHING...PLEASE FIX.

• Rover commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It might be ubuntu-related. I noticed it after updating ubuntu last week (beginning of march 2019 )

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I keep getting " Sorry, we were unable to proceed with your request. Please try again." every time too.

@Pearl, it's not fixed for me!

From oldleysian

Been on answers for years and why am i now getting the above notice, how do i stop it please.
    After 30,000 answers I thought I knew how to respond

• [Deleted User] commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I cannot answer or ask questions in yahoo answers. For some reason it say we are unable to post this now please try again.. But if I go to a different device I found I was able to post yet it was deleted. I wrote a technician still no response.

• Buddy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was able to post answers to a few questions this morning; has this been fixed?

Been on answers for years and why am i now getting the above notice, how do i stop it please.

This started yesterday - I can answer using my smart phone using same ID, but not on my home computer. What gives?

Feedback and Knowledge Base