I suggest you ...

Please let users pick the "Relevance" menu....nothing that pops up is 'relevant' to me...

I only want to see "newest" or "most recent", as my sole reason most days to pop in here is to help others by answering their questions.
Some Brainiac decided to remove the date stamp thingie that always used to be on the questions....this is invaluable to we who spend a lot of time perusing. HUGE waste of time to read or answer a question that is years old...my favourite is when I chose a question and it's one I answered years ago, AND got best answer on!
Do any of you actually act as users and try to manouver this badly mangled forum? It used to be SO MUCH BETTER....dagnabbit...

8th ranked
Vote
Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Girlmidgard shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
Planned  ·  Admin Amy responded  · 

Agreed. The “relevant” option no longer works. We are working on making it work again. I also agree that date stamps are an important part of the question.

6 comments

Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Nine Lifes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Oddly, I cannot see my former suggestion about this feature.
    Please. There can be 100+ answers for one question and it takes a lot of time to look to your own to look if you have a comment or sth.
    Please let the page of the users answer appear.
    Thank you.

• Nine Lifes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It happens, that a question gets 500 answers. To check my own answer (if I get a comment or else) would take too much time. This counts for every other user, too.
    Thank you very much.

• harley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

they should abolish the relevance setting , it occurs on many retail sites and is just as inaccurate and irrelevant on those as it is here

• Rover commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think there's a higher-rated suggestion that says the same thing more clearly. Please move your votes to it.
    Yes, the relevance-sort sucks, and people should have the option of setting "newest", "oldest" or "most rated" as default - the german pages don't even have "relevance" btw

• Mik commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I used to check in every three or four hours a day.
    Now I am to once a day just to see if it is fixed.
    I figure that must be hitting the Ad revenue for hits.

• Trish O commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Or do they actually imagine that users will continue to deal with this forever, in which case Yahoo benefits from having us look at as many posts as possible, including old ones? It won't work, Yahoo. Some of us have already quit, and more will the longer this goes on.

Feedback and Knowledge Base