US Answers

ANSWERS new Suggestion Board

Welcome to our Yahoo Answers feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the Yahoo Answers experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to Yahoo Answers.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our community support forum or find answers on our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Just close down the site until it's fixed

reporting doesn't work
    answering doesn't work
    moving questions doesn't work
    commenting doesn't work
    reporting violations doesn't work
    posting questions ...

Many of us can use a holiday anyway

282nd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    4 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. limit the amount of other peoples questions level seven users can move per day

anyone can be a level seven and a lot misuse this privilege of moving questions and repeatedly harass other people sometimes for hours on end playing ping pong. What I suggest is that level seven users have a set limit to how many questions of other peoples they can move per day perhaps around 30 to 50 times a day till they reach a daily moving limit. Limiting their ability to move questions while keeping the ability to move your own questions as much as you want cuts down on the harassment level seven users can cause while still giving…

96th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. I would like the opportunity to select which news feeds I do or do not see on my home page. I would like to weed out the bias sources.

I would like the opportunity to select which news feeds I do or do not see on my homepage. I would like to weed out the bias sources like Thinkprogress or Newsmax so that they never appear. This will help myself fight against "fake news". If enacted globally, it might help everybody fight against "fake news".

1767th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Why not stop all 1st levels from asking questions for a short time?

I mean, all of the recent spam is coming from one place. 1st level accounts. This seems like a caveman attack to me but what do I know?

769th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. I'd like to see Yahoo! (Yahoozon?) handle religion with more care.

Could we please get sub-categories for religion. Throwing everybody into one generic section says many things about your company.

#1 You do not put care into the subject that matters most to people on this planet. It is almost always at the top of important subjects when they ask people to make a list. I can find different categories for car brands, but not for religion.

#2 It promotes strife and hatred. There are people with the maturity and grace to handle a generic religion section. Sadly most do not have these qualities and it becomes a fight.

#3 It…

1273rd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Please, people wants to see WHICH user gives thumbs down or up.

Please, people wants to see WHICH user gives thumbs down or up

1273rd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Make it possible to share content in Facebook not only on your wall, but also in the group, and on the page and in the message.

Make it possible to share content in Facebook not only on your wall, but also in the group, and on the page and in the message.

4202nd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Remove Level 7 question moving privileges

Yahoo! Answers has gone way downhill since Yahoo gave level 7 users the ability to move other people's questions. This is nothing but a tool for trolls, and is causing many users to flee this site.

645th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Go out of busines ymail, or DELETE the Archive button.

When you try to FORCE your new button on all of the users, they leave ymail forever. Unwantd annoying irritating and security risk DANGerous things like the Archive button are a hazard.
    I choose to either : move to a folder, spam or delete and trash. Ymail and yahoo mail have now become our parents? shame on mgmt.

4202nd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Add a report button to users profile

There should be a report button on users profile so you can report their whole account.

2578th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 4202nd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Appeals Process Needs Review

Yahoo has hit rock bottom. Now you are letting the trolls report good, long time, regular users when they correctly answer questions about the rules on YA. Apparently, the people reading the appeals now are not educated in the YA rules and you are telling people that just explaining the rules of the site in a direct answer to a posed question, IS AGAINST THE RULES. Well, this user is now refusing to answer any more questions until Yahoo straightens out the situation. Maybe the goal is to run off the good, long time users. If so, you are succeeding.I…

769th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Allow closed questions to be correctly answered.

I recently ran across a question that wasn't answered correctly and has been closed because of inactivity (it's a 10 year old question). I know the answer and would like to tell the person what it is.

997th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. allow any question in yahoo answers

allow any question in yahoo answers

4202nd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Allow users to hide certain sections from the main list. Like the Politics section

I usually get frustrated having to read the rants and nonquestions that take up the politics section, and would rather just not see them. I get the feeling users would spend more time on Yahoo answers if they didn't get troll fatigue like I do. I know you can report people, but I am here to answer questions, not monitor one misbehaving section for bad content. Facebook allows you to hide stuff from your feed, Y/A! should allow you to hide sections that are not relavent or triggering. It will only ensure that I/we spend more time on the site.

4202nd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. limit or remove level seven users ability to move questions

Giving level seven users the ability to move questions gives people an excuse to maliciously move questions whether it be to censor other people, cause trouble , or go on a power trip. Anyone can become a level seven but not all users use this privilege wisely and every day questions are put into the wrong categories on purpose. I suggest level sevens either have this ability removed, only allowed to a limited number of level sevens the privilege to move questions, or have a system where level sevens can only move a set number of questions per day perhaps…

250th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. mention to the blocked person , that his emails are not received by the expedient and that expedient's compte is not existing any more.

when we block a person from receiving more emails from them, can we have the option that this blocked person receives a message stating that his email is not delivered to the recipient or that the recipient's account no longer exists. This will be done for the purpose that the blocked person knows that his sent messages are not read by his sender and that this person thoughts that the account of his sender is canceled. because despite the blocking of his email, it does not prevent the person from sending us messages and believing that we are reading them.…

1767th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 3889th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Please, people wants to see WHICH user gives thumbs down or up.

Please, people wants to see WHICH user gives thumbs down or up

1273rd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Remove Yahoo Answers

Lots of spam questions in the ffed. Lots of spam answers. You've been bough up and reducing features. Lots of questions the questions, people just need to learn to use Wikipedia or other sources.

2578th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 65 66
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base