US Answers

Welcome to our Yahoo Answers feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the Yahoo Answers experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to Yahoo Answers.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please find answers on our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. give better information about blocked questions

When a person has blocked your answers but is also anonymous you have no idea that you have been blocked. You spend time answering the question in good faith and THEN it won't post. Sometimes I have wasted a quarter of an hour on a complex question.
    If the asker has blocked responses and is also anonymous I need to know this so that I don't waste my time on them.

11th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Gathering feedback  ·  10 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Fix the yahoo answers reporting feature. It's being abused and you do nothing.

Fix the yahoo answers reporting feature. I've been a victim of reporting abuse and customer service does nothing and says nothing. This is unacceptable and you need to fix it.

18th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Update the block feature ...

I suggest you update the blocked feature in the following ways.

If you block someone:

*You can't answer their questions, comment on answers.
    *You can't access or view their profile
    *You cannot access or view their questions

It makes zero sense allowing users to block you but also allowing them to answer your questions. On top of that if you do block someone, not allowing them to even view your questions can prevent them from abusing the reporting system.

23rd ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 36th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Moving Questions to Other Categories

I like the idea of moving questions to a better category to improve the nature of Yahoo Answer/Questions. But there are times where you have some people that spoil it for others. To keep people from moving questions malicious. Limit the how many times a single question could be moved, to maybe twice. The poster of the question may think that their question is in the appropriate category.

15th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  13 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Please block "questions" that consist of just 1 or 2 words

It's a simple way to prevent abuse. Blocking all questions that are not in English could be done automatically too, but would take a lot more programming

29th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Please give us a way to block Huffpost ****

We need a way to get rid of this ****

56th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Get rid of the question moving feature

The level seven question moving ability has been abused to death and people with too much free time on their hands are ruining many peoples yahoo answer experience. People shouldn't have to waste hours and hours having to battle with abusive users moving questions for who knows whatever reasons. This feature is driving away users and making the site miserable. If anything let people move their own questions but don't give other people power to move other peoples questions.

29th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Allow us to be able to add as many categories as we want

If we were able to pick as many categories as we want it would be easier to get responses, because some questions fit into more than one category.

18th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Please let us choose the section before the question get posted

Oftentimes, the question goes to a section the asker don't want.

12th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Change thumbs system

The thumbs system is used by trolls to cause even more upset. A gang will give multiple TD's to people they don't like regardless of their answer. We should be able to give a thumbs up or leave it blank. I use the paranormal site but it is full of denialists who are there to laugh at people and their beliefs. If you police the sites, you could immediately ban these people. It would also help if you take away the "your report matters" pop up, as we all know it doesnt. Either that or do something about complaints. This…

98th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Stop false advertising

I am so angry I cancelled my yahoo account. I have used yahoo for years but will never use it again and will make the suggestion to family and friends and coworkers to do the same. I am sick of the website you refer people to that turn out to be the opposite of what you claimed. Look into the people finder websites you have a big list of them and you claim the first look up is free. That is on you. Gmail here I come.

98th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Tools/features to help users deal with trolls

Here are some tools/features to help users deal with trolls and trolling:

- Allow users to block other users so that they don't see their posted questions or answers. There are some troll users here that I know will never ask a legitimate question, and that will only post abusive answers . . . for example, there are users only ever post racist questions. A feature hiding their posted questions, answers, and comments would be nice - if I can't see it, then it won't bother me.

- Allow users to hide their questions and answers from others users, so…

15th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Give more choices to sort what questions to look at on the Home page.

I dont care about the "Most Popular" questions. I care more about t

98th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Create alias

Would like the option to create multiple alias.Why was it removed?

98th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Have more options for replying.

Please let there be the option to reply to questions that are even 10 years old. It actually doesn't really matter if it is a decade old, as a question is a question. And, time flies by so much anyway.
    I'm on level 6, so maybe it is available on level 7. I doubt it.

29th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Add a "HOT ROD" Section to Automotive group

By adding a "Hot Rod" section you can address questions about engine swaps, electrical issues, fabrication/welding and other areas that are specific to building non-stock vehicles.

56th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Askers should be Rewarded points for asking questions that get a large amount of answers and follows

I have posted a question that got over 1000 answers and 20+ follows before and instead of getting rewarded for that I got 3 points deducted out of my account for asking a question. Askers should be getting rewarded for sparking large conversations and interests on the site like that, not punished for it. Answers with over 30 answers and follows should reward the asker with a certain amount of points. Something like the asker earns 1 point for every answer they get after 30 answers and 5 points for every follower to the question. So if the asker gets…

29th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 98th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. allow an unlimited word limit for typing in details on questions please

I recently asked a question and tried to add as much detail in the description box as well for the situation. come to find out theres a word limit, and when youve already typed out everything it is very troublesome having to keep "updating question" over and over again to get every last word out.

41st ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base