US Answers

ANSWERS new Suggestion Board

This page replaces the old Suggestion Board for the Yahoo Answers site.

When posting a new thread, please choose a category from the list at the right.

For spam this is the replacement Spam Battle thread
https://yahoo.uservoice.com/forums/211240-us-answers/suggestions/5869093-new-spam-battle-thread

Have more suggestions for Yahoo? Become a Yodeler!
Yahoo Yodelers is an exclusive group of loyal users that help shape the online experience for our users. As a Yahoo Yodeler you’ll get exclusive access to unreleased features, engage with our community of passionate users, and take a look behind the scenes as we create new products and content. Give us your honest opinions and bright ideas and you’ll influence the way millions of people see the world.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 4031st ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Report Spam/ Spam Battle  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 4031st ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 4031st ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Report Spam/ Spam Battle  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 4031st ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. 4031st ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. suspend account for posting nonsense, gibberish.

https://answers.yahoo.com/activity/answers?show=H2QWYJLHV5NPKSXDPYJ6SPJ3MM patrick
    Spamming Gibberish, for fun and annoyance.
    Answers are of no knowledge value.

4031st ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 4031st ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 4031st ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Provide better tools to deal with offenders who post obscene/perverse/repetitive "questions"

Yahoo answers is flooded with deranged people with multiple accounts who post the same perverse and obscene questions for many times daily, at best just plain annoying, never listening to answers and just doing it again and again.

Ex: ****** troll posting daily:
    https://answers.yahoo.com/dir/index?sid=396545163&rptabuse=1

Or the repetitive pregnancy troll with multiple accounts, obsessively posting the same questions, not looking for answers, but just to annoy people by foolishness and posting in same questions by multiple accounts (Alone,Alex,Woody,Crash), also point-gaming to get points for this:
    https://www.google.com/search?q=technically+speaking+are+we+in+our+fathers&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b#q=site:answers.yahoo.com+technically+speaking+are+we+in+our+fathers

Clearly reporting does nothing, as it only subtracts their points and they use point-gaming to…

850th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 19 sept 2017, please fix the autoscroll-problem

When I open a question, only the top answer remains in place. the rest auto-scrolls down, making it impossible to answer or give thumbs up/down

2413th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Bugs or Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 4031st ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Fix the emails...can't send or receive emails. Help!

NOT a suggestion. I need my emails NOW. Help!

4031st ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Bugs or Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. get rid of the moving of questions except by the asker....

only let the askers of the questions move them

1531st ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Bring back the menu of categories on the side. The home page is getting dominated by troll questions, I want to be able to skip those.

Y!A used to be more user friendly, having the column of category choices. Now it's just the big mosh pit of all the questions, and unfortunately the ones that get the most traction and hang around the longest are often just **** from trollers. I want to skip past that noise. I'm a frequent answer contributor to Home & Garden, especially the Repairs/ Maintenance and DIY sections, I think I've genuinely helped a lot of people and want to continue doing that. But having to scroll through endless rabblerousing noise to find a H&G question so I can get to…

4031st ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Eliminate the Anonymous identity option

Want to get rid of trolls? Simple: make them put their name on it - ANY name. But a name they have to register under, one that goes back to their Yahoo email.

2413th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 4031st ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Remove the anonymous feature when participating in Answers.

Users hide behind the anonymous feature to rant and insult. It is time to remone that feature.

4031st ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. GIVE ME BACK MT FAVORITES SO I CAN HIT THE FILE TO OPEN !!!! "THE FOLDER"!!!!!

I HAD A YELLOW FAVORITES BAR & A BLUE FAVORITE STAR= HIT NAME "IT OPENED MY FOLDER TO PROCEED!!!!!" I WANT THAT BACK!********!!!!! I AM IN YAHOO AND SIGNED IN, but it does NOT open the FOLDER?????!!!!!***********D

1653rd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 4031st ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Answers is down 10/26/2017

"Criteria doesn't match any questions" appears in many threads.

1184th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base