Yahoo Answers

Welcome to our Yahoo Answers feedback forum! This is a place specially created for those who are experiencing the new and redesigned Yahoo Answers experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to Yahoo Answers.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please find answers on our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

1. 18th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 58th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Please fix email notifications

I haven't gotten any email notifications for Yahoo! Answers for a long time.

58th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. I keep getting a "Something went wrong. Please try again later." message every time I try to post.

Please fix this issue. It happened for multiple questions of mine which I couldn't post.

30th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Yahoo censorship.

I get you people deleting comments when they make liberals look silly being as you're way left. But I left several comments on a **** story. I didn't insult anyone, use foul language or start a riot. But yet, you censored two lengthy comments for reasons I don't understand. You can't pull a comment because of one word. You need to know the context in which it was used. Fortunately I load yahoo because it can be pretty entertaining, how about you shift a little closer to the First Amendment and let people express what they feel with no bad…

58th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Post questions in the category you're in

I think we should be able to select a category FIRST. Then, post a question that will show up in that category.

For example, if I am browsing Polls & Surveys and want to ask a question, I think the question should be displayed right there on the P&S feed.

I hope I made myself clear. :-)

30th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Yahoo answers responds to issues.

Yahoo responds well to issues. These feedbacks are useful.

58th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 25th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. What is with the really OLD QUESTIONS posted under new questions?

I don't understand the reasoning for posting OLD (such as ten years old!!) questions below one that has recently been posted. I can see posting similar questions that have not yet been closed. That would make sense, so people can answer those, as well.

If I am interested in researching a topic on YA, I can easily type that topic in and find everything posted.

But, WHY ON EARTH, would you post a ten year old question within the recent category where users are ANSWERING?

I find this annoying. Seems not terribly useful.

58th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. You can't see your blocked list anymore hurry up and fix it

you go to your blocked list it wont let you see what is on it get off your lazy butts and fix this

58th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Allow us to change the phone suggestions from mobile, work, home etc to other options

Allow us to change the phone "type" suggestions from mobile, work, home etc to other options such as Member Services, main lobby, guard station etc. Many times companies have many numbers and suggestions like WORK do not help us to know what number to call.

58th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. anyways we can get our notifications back so we can know when we get reported so we can appeal it

also, i wouldnt mind getting out contacts questions back on our emails either, i miss that and i also miss being able to email other users which we havent been able to do for a while

58th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Let us see who asks the questions in the main question feed

As of now, we can only see who asked the question when we click into the question itself. It'd be great if we could see who asked the question in the main question feed, just like in the old green format.

58th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Someone is using our Business name on your pay per click and directing customers to a different website. How can I report this ?

Have a Report button for this type of activity as it is very difficult to get this issue resolved

58th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Contact us

You have a "talk to a live agent" link for a program that costs 4.99 if a member is not able to resolve issue using the decision tree. How about not using 4 different sites to give people info? Remove the fluff it's too much! Short sweet straight to the point and start off asking for donations. Then when and if you show the team is worth something you start with 2.99 and start going up based on your survey ratings. I've been with Yahoo 20 years and I've been hacked and I'm leaving all of you because none of…

30th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Can't change the desktop view mode back to mobile view

My yahoo answera account shows in desktop view I cannot change it back to mobile view. Please help.

58th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. I have new contacts to add to a pre-existing list and your current version does not support that. How it to my list of Tailors?

I have new contacts to add to a pre-existing list and your current version does not support that. How it to my list of Tailors?

30th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. I keep getting notices that appear to say others have been trying to access my account. Why can't I contact a person to find out the problem

I keep getting notices that appear to say others have been trying to access my account. Why can't I contact a person at Yahoo to find out the problem?

30th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 30th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Please fix the glitch where our answers sometimes don't show up for the public.

I absolutely hate having to sign out of my account just to see if my answer is actually showing up for the public. Sometimes our answers are invisible unless we edit them in some way to make them visible.

30th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Yahoo Answers

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base