Yahoo Answers

Welcome to our Yahoo Answers feedback forum! This is a place specially created for those who are experiencing the new and redesigned Yahoo Answers experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to Yahoo Answers.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please find answers on our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

1. Can't change the desktop view mode back to mobile view

My yahoo answera account shows in desktop view I cannot change it back to mobile view. Please help.

51st ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make it to where we can delete questions!

I really want to delete some of my question but can’t!! Unfair!!

51st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Answers disappear after editing.

After I submit an answer it appears in the list of answers beneath the question and can be seen by anybody. However, after editing the answer only appears in the list as seen by me and to everybody else it becomes invisible ! I know many other posters have the same problem. Very disheartening after significant time and effort spent on an answer. Is there anything that can be done to correct this ?

51st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Compulsory "Unique" Usernames

I think Yahoo / Oath should make it compulsory for users to have a unique username. Currently, there is a user going around cloning several users in the Lesbian, Gay, ******** and Transgender category.

This is total misrepresentation of character and defamation. If we had a unique username policy, this wouldn't happen so easily.

This is a cloned version of my own account "Nerdy Keith":
    https://answers.yahoo.com/activity/questions?show=2hFqhpZsaa

17th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. let me edit my question. let me answer questions.

I cannot enter any text! it always counts 0 characters, asking me to enter text.even so I see my text. ?

51st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 27th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. This isn’t really feedback as I just need a specific thing taken care of: I really need to delete a question that was posted on my account.

This was an old account of mine that I was going to allow my little brother to use for his video game email verification stuff (Xbox, PS4, his Switch etc.) and I guess he wound up using it to vent some of his frustrations about my former step mother (his birth mother) without my knowledge. I’d like to be able to delete the question he’s asked to avoid family drama. I’m not sure if this was the correct page to ask this, as I’m not asking for a permanent function to delete questions, but I need one SPECIFIC question removed…

51st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Why cant I access Yahoo from my phone?

I can see questions from my tablet just fine but can't see any questions or answers on my phone and this never used to be a problem only in the past couple of days.

51st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Please can you slacken your censorship of words just a little

Some words on here that are even remotely lewd get censored to just asterisks and it’s getting annoying seeing this in posted ideas. I understand blocking some of the really vulgar and even racist language, but some words that are just descriptive of the content and are not offensive in themselves get censored too. Nobody here is going to be THAT offended, if they are then they should just get a backbone. It’s hard to read ideas and take them seriously with all these asterisks. Only censor what is explicitly offensive and people actually report.

51st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. If you block somebody then it prohibits you from commenting on any of their questions or answers also.

And if you block somebody they're questions and answers should become invisible to you you won't be able to see their questions or their answers or comment on their questions and answers if you block them. That goes for anybody fair is fair.

51st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Why can't I see or find a list of recent or past questions I have asked?

Why can't I see and find a list of my recent and past questions that I have asked on Yahoo Answers?

51st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Allow us to delete our questions after people have answered them.

Currently, if someone has answered a question I have posted, I am unable to delete that question, even if it is a spam answer. This is unacceptable, and I've put up with it for far too long. if I've got nothing but garbage or troll answers, I will never give somebody best answer, anyway, so what's the point?

11th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. I do not wish for emails when others answer -- I have changed preferences and STILL your site will not do what I request. t

Fire your staff as they cannot follow simple instructions that yahoo has as policy.

2nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. stop sending meaningless warnings

Tell us WHICH guideline we "may" be violating instead of

"...it has come to our attention that you may have violated the TOS(http://www.yahoo.com/r/ts). Please reread the TOS and cease any use of your account that may
    violate the TOS.
    If your use of your Yahoo! account is brought to our attention again,
    and we believe that such use violates the TOS, then we may terminate
    your account without further notice ..."

17th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Restoring the possibility for 7th level users to move questions to their right section. There are too many trolls who voluntarily post quest

Restoring the possibility for 7th level users to move questions to their right section.
    There are too many trolls who voluntarily post questions about inappropriate sections.

22nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Remove sexually explicit pictures

Remove sexually explicit material from Yahoo answers

22nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. I keep getting a "Something went wrong. Please try again later." message every time I try to post.

Please fix this issue. It happened for multiple questions of mine which I couldn't post.

27th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Post questions in the category you're in

I think we should be able to select a category FIRST. Then, post a question that will show up in that category.

For example, if I am browsing Polls & Surveys and want to ask a question, I think the question should be displayed right there on the P&S feed.

I hope I made myself clear. :-)

27th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 22nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. You are enabling trolls to abuse the report system!

What happens if my content is wrongly reported?

I have received a few standard emails from Yahoo stating:

"...it has come to our attention that you may have violated the TOS(http://www.yahoo.com/r/ts). Please reread the TOS and cease any use of your account that may
    violate the TOS.
    If your use of your Yahoo! account is brought to our attention again,
    and we believe that such use violates the TOS, then we may terminate
    your account without further notice ..."

I know that I am being wrongly reported by trolls and I have NO way to appeal this decision.…

15th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5
  • Don't see your idea?

Yahoo Answers

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base