Yahoo Answers

Welcome to our Yahoo Answers feedback forum! This is a place specially created for those who are experiencing the new and redesigned Yahoo Answers experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to Yahoo Answers.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please find answers on our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

1. Comments

Funny how you shut off your comments when your agenda has been exposed. YOU ARE WHATS WRONG WITH THIS COUNTRY *********

154th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. My Yahoo question counter has stopped working.

There's something wrong with my Yahoo answer question account. I have asked more than one thousand questions on this platform but the number of questions doesn't go up. Instead of ascending, it's rather descending. How can I fix this problem?

154th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Stop trying so much to improve what we already loved when we joined

Just leave in the good the good thing and stop adding anonymous users , reporting without a serious trial and also let iust know who reported us. You see if we know who reports us we can just BLOCK them for our questions and then they will no longer have to report. Sort of like watching TV. If you don't like the program just don't watch it

154th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. 246th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. uservoice < Answers < COMMENTS

There was a reason I got to 'level 5' in the Yahoo Answers only to leave and solely become a commenter in the Yahoo comments section, it's simply better. It's better because it is more wild and untamed than just answering specific questions, even if they do veer off topic every chance they get. Apparently not everyone could handle that wild and untamed nature, ironically it seems it was more Yahoo than the commenters who couldn't handle it. In the wild, trust is not easy. Having a 'Comments' section allows people to trust more when there are more people commenting…

154th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 154th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. COMMENT AVOIR UN PERMIS DE CONDUIRE EN LIGNE

Votre permis de conduire jusqu'à 35% moins cher qu'en auto-école traditionnelle ! Profitez de l'expérience Permislibre, une formation 100% digitale au sein d'une auto-école agréée par l'Etat depuis 2015. Avec une prise de rendez-vous flexible pour vos cours de conduite. Notre mission, réinventer le permis de conduire pour vous permettre de passer le permis plus simplement, à votre rythme, et moins cher qu'en auto-école

246th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Bring back "In Voting"

First, a majority of questions do not get a Best Answer picked at all. Hey, I put a lot of effort into writing up a great answer, and I would like to be recognized and rewarded. Second, an asker asks a question because he does not know the answer. Why should he be the one to pick Best Answer when he does not know what the answer is?

154th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. A solution to the troll question problem (if you want it)...

Create a new section called "Trolling".
    Allow Level 7s to once again move questions, but only to the Trolling section.
    Original posters will not be able to move questions out of the Trolling section.
    One or two actual, living people will review the questions in the Trolling section and either delete them or return them to the place they were posted.
    Woe unto you if you send good questions to the Trolling section.
    Woe unto you if you have [threshold number] of questions deleted.

I suggest this on the off-chance you'll care, because R&S is literally 80% troll questions nowadays.…

154th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 18th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 154th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Yahoo Answers could stop deleting accounts or locking them for no reason, read below

This is happened to me twice and if it happens again with this account I’m going to give up on using this website. It’s not locked out because of violations as I’ve seen people write you can still access your emails and other parts of the site when that happens. Mine just locks out like the account never existed.

Please fix this glitch. It’s happened to me twice and this is my last attempt with yahoo answers. Again I’m not being taken off because the violations as I can’t even access my email.

154th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Don't waste your time expecting help here. they DO NOT tell you WHY an account is rendered inactive/suspended/not seen by others

Accounts are suspended arbitrarily and without cause. A user should be notified about the exact reasons for suspension/ and reasons for rendering an account inactive by Yahoo. Yahoo is not held accountable for any of this and their employees know it. Any employee can make unsupervised decisions as to whether they dislike your opinion or take on anything. That's why they DO NOT provide PROOF of why you can't post or no one sees your posts, etc. Nothing worse than moderators that can hide and don't have to show their faces or tell us who they are and why they…

100th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Create a feature to hide the questions and answers of those you choose to block

For instance the mental health spammer who wastes all the space if I block him I should not have to look at his questions and answers make them invisible to me on Yahoo

48th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Bring Back Comments

Sharing opinions and information is an essential component of communication. Most people can spot crackpots quickly so their posts aren't really important. However, eliminating meaningful communication is not productive to an informed society.

154th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 246th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Do what you want, it is your site, but:

....the only reason I came to Yahoo was for the comments. Most f the time, I would skip the article and go straight to the comments. For the most part, the articles are high school level writing with a tendency towards far left ideology. The comments were at least entertaining. Now, there is no reason to come to Yahoo. I will check it every once in a while to see if comments are back

154th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. allow a question poster to respond to an answer.

A viewable to all private chat block for a questioner to respond to a poster and a for them to respond once.

246th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Quit posting left wing article 99% of the time.

Quit posting left wing article 99% of the time.

154th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Bye. Notifications gone. Comments gone. Adios Amoebas.

Bring back groups as a category. Restore comments and notifications to Answers. Site sucks now.

154th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 5 7 9 21 22
  • Don't see your idea?

Yahoo Answers

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base