How can we improve Yahoo Finance's Search?

The new search is so bad, it is a shame that Yahoo came up with this. It does nothing for me

Change it to the Old "Search" for Finance or find a new one. This one is so BAD, it is unbelievable that you got something like this. Go and learn from others; just any of them.

Any search I put in, the "Search" tells me that it does not recognize it. Same for stock symbols

1st ranked
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Hemachandran Krishnan shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

14 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You should keep what you had. It serves my needs. The new feature will be disastrous and it goes against what I designed for my stock quotes. I suggest that you improve the existing portfolio design by providing a column for the cost basis.

• logie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When I search for a particular stock, it does not give me the quote unless it is on the box.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

GO BACK TO THE OLD WAY, AND FIRE THE PERSON WHO INVENTED THIS AWKWARD NEW FORMAT.

• John Burton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yahoo Finance - POS!
    Does not recognize simple stock or mutual fund symbols most of the time anymore.

A user hostile interface!

• M O commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

does not accept symbols or company names, just show a " and responses with "not found"

• gerald mctyre commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Your stupid search thingy kept telling me to use correct symbols like MSFT and GE... The freaking search engine of yours did not even know that I did use those exact symbols and it still kept telling me that no results were found ! Your search engine is USELESS !

Feedback and Knowledge Base