Finance Portfolios

Thanks for taking the time to view our feedback forum and provide your suggestions.

When we go through feedback, we consolidate like ideas into similar “Idea” buckets so that we have a better understanding of how many users support it.

If you feel the same way others do, please vote up or support an existing “Idea” rather than posting a new one. This way, we can more quickly understand how many users feel the same way and take action.

Based on feedback we’ve received from this forum, here are just a few changes we’re making:

1.) Allowing you the option to choose a summary view of your liking (for instance, a custom view you’ve created vs. the current default view that currently shows)
2.) Adding back the option to reorder lists alphabetically with ease
3.) Adding feature cues and relevant Help articles to walk you through navigating the new version
4.) Bringing back the Notes, Trade Date, and Lots columns for all views

The more specific the feedback we receive, the easier it us for us to improve Yahoo Finance.

Note: this forum is not monitored for support-related issues, so if you need help with a problem or have a question, please visit our Yahoo Finance Community Support Forum or Help Site.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

How can we improve Yahoo Finance Portfolios?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 8th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Under review  ·  117 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 3rd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  223 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Go back to the previous Portfolio performance view, this new one doesn't show red and green and give the total gains and losses.

Go back to the previous Portfolio performance view, this new one doesn't show red and green and give the total gains and losses

1st ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1390 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add an "edit portfolio" button to make it easier to do so.

Add a big "edit portfolio" button to the options to make it easier to see how to edit.

22nd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  92 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. make my old portfolio an option

New format is fun BUT
    add an option for the old format

2nd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  220 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Missing portfolios / portfolios disappeared / "You have no Portfolios" message

Two of my three portfolios are missing completely. One is there, so I know it's my account, but after customizing my portfolios, they suddenly disappeared.

18th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

292 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your patience. We understand that some users are seeing a “You have no Portfolios” error message. Our engineering team is aware of this temporary issue and is working to resolve it quickly. Please know that your data is safe and any Portfolio information you have will be returned!

In the meantime, you can access your Portfolio by logging out of your account in Yahoo Finance and then signing back in.

Thank you again for your cooperation!

Best,
    Finance Support

7. This is totally BAD!!! I hate the day & 52 range bars - bring back old view

This is terrible!!! I hate the day & 52 range bars - bring back the old view - I want to see the 52 wk % change!

6th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  33 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. don't keep changing! Go back to classic view. How can I view the Asian Stock Markets likle I used to be able to do?

don't keep changing! Go back to classic view. How can I view the Asian Stock Markets likle I used to be able to do?

4th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  28 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 13th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. I can find no way to edit my portfolio holdings. Please go back to the old format, which was much more user-friendly.

I can find no way to edit my portfolio holdings. Please go back to the old format, which was much more user-friendly.

17th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  30 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Go back to the original view. Line charts for high/low less than useful, as is currency indicator. Old version easier to read

Why do you believe a programmer should decide my preference for content? Your customers are the decision makers on content, the programmers should simply be enablers. Please stop making my choices for me.

14th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Where's all my notes I entered? All my info is gone!!

Your new version does not have all my notes! Fix it! Bring back the old version. It works fine.

7th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  110 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. The new Portfolio service is a PHUCKING DISASTER.

The new Portfolio service is a PHUCKING DISASTER. You can't even get the decimal point in the right place. UK£ gain/loss and market value, initially display correctly, but as soon as streaming goes live, the values get multiplied by 100. The fact that UK stocks are priced un GBp rather than £ is obviously causing the problem. If you are having difficulty solving this, I would suggest that you actually display prices in £ and let the user choose how many decimal places he wants. This would mean that a stock with a price of 315p would be displayed as…

11th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  20 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. pleae get rid of these childish charts of day range..52 week range and day trade chart....put numbersinstead

no charts needed for day range day chart and 52 week range...figures are perfect...these charts are so amateurish..it bafflles me how you come with these ideas

9th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  25 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Reasons why Yahoo's new finance pages will never ever build a community like the old Yahoo finance pages did !

Reasons why Yahoo's new finance pages will never ever build a community like the old Yahoo finance pages did !

1. The new pages are very tiring to look at by the finance professionals' eyes.
    2. The new pages data is scattered all over the place, spaced out instead of spaced in to please the eye and save time, energy and increase productivity. .
    3. The new pages require 4-5 clicks just to look at something in detail, as opposed to old pages which showed the same data just with one click.
    4. The new pages waste a lot of…

5th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  43 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Not impressed with new layout - i want to know current value of investment

Give true values of current investment. The old layout was better but even then the current values were wrong

10th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. portfolio news

impossible to read the portfolio news in this new format. Bring back the old view. How many people have to scream this at you for you to listen?

21st ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  25 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Go back 12 Mo. It was best then.

Go back 12 mo to visit the best watch list!!!!

12th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  13 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Please go back to the OLD FORMAT!! This format does not show the value of your holdings in a particular equity. And too much data cramped

Please go back to the Old Format. New format does not show the value of your holdings in a particular equity. Too much data cramped onto the screen which I don't need. Old Format was perfect for my needs.

25th ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Go back to the old style portfolio charts. I really miss the information that was available at a glance.

Go back to the old style portfolio charts. I really miss the information that was available at a glance right on the first page that came up. Now I have to navigate several links and still don't get all the information I had before.

32nd ranked
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 38 39
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base